Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
okay, i am here, what did i miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
ZOINKS!!!!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
wow

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Beet Wagon posted:

It's me, the guy who saw a thread about the funny videoman getting in trouble and decided to extensively research "Is Pewdiepie a nazi" on the world wide web

:eyepop:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
what am i even doing here?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

a bone to pick posted:

what exactly does a rapist look like Mr. Rapist Expert?

Turn your monitor off

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
EVERYONE CALM DOWN

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im not sure how to do that:confused:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im not sure which side i am on yet, but i am a very valuable resource: i will start my bidding at 5 bucks.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
do you really love burger pug or is that some sort of own by someone ?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
woah did trump really wear a hat with a swatizka?!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Professor SJW posted:

im a misanthrope

:same:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Prorat posted:

Who gives a poo poo, would you care if they were Buddhist jokes?

Please list things people aren't allowed to joke about, I love having my speech controlled.

Can I make a joke about Christians? Or talk poo poo about Christians which this forum constantly does? Please decide my speech for me.

lol

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
ill never understand why this guy loves the third Reich so much? :confused:? i thought we all agreed it was bad? :confused:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
haha fuckin noiiiice

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i think the guy shouldnt love nazis so much but hey that is just one mans opinion :shrug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
hm i dont know talking about killing jews seems like a real nazi thing to do imho

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
personally, as a non-nazi a NAH-zi, i dont think mocking the deaths of 14 million people is very "cool"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
killing a race of people is bad and jokes about it is bad?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
so its good to mock the death and future death of millions?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
also its real dumb to bar people from going to another piece of land because of where they were born

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
well if the people thought it was a bad and boring joke then maybe their outrage is justified? :shrug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

revdrkevind posted:

That was a serious headline. In Sweden women's groups protested that snow plows start clearing out (MALE DOMINATED) business areas first, rather than bike paths and sidewalks. Then the next big snowstorm hit and many people in Sweden were rather unamused.

So like no serious, you're making blanket statements about people with no understanding of what they're saying. JonTron for example is very far from alt-right, but his mom and grandma grew up under communist regimes so he sees what's happening to free speech and the media and he's starting to have some unfortunate associations. Having the media forge fake racist claims to use against a popular media star looks a liiiiitle like Literally The Soviet Union to someone who's had family who lived through it.

they did this around the same period in the United States too

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

new phone who dis posted:

People, especially people in privileged media positions, should probably save their outrage for actually outrageous things to maintain an air of credibility.

i think they are more concerned about making money than keeping credibility

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Which is exactly why they are manufacturing hysterical articles against forms of media they see as competitors.

so video game guy is allowed to make jokes at the expense of millions of dead but the company cant sell papers/ad revenue at the expense of video game guy? :confused:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

The difference is that the video game guy isn't trying to package it as a noble thing. It's one thing to make an off-color joke in public as an admittedly failed attempt at humor to make money. It's a completely different animal to wrap up your outrage in a cloak of righteous ideology in a quest to undermine your competitors. A comedian telling a bad joke damages his brand, just like a self-serious journalistic outlet damages their own brand by making too big of a deal over it because they feel threatened by him.

Idk if people don't like his humor they could just not watch his YouTube if people don't like the papers take on it then they don't have to read it :shrug:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Seems like the issue lies with people NOT minding their own business imho

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I'm just so angry over here!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009