Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Come on you don't want pictures of that sweet sweet Belgian Domestic Market Renault Twingo Dynamique SCe 70 S&S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I mean yeah if it were up to me I'd say go for it. Thread needs new life. I'm just going off of rule 6 :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Come on you don't want pictures of that sweet sweet Belgian Domestic Market Renault Twingo Dynamique SCe 70 S&S

Post anyway, I wanna see.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If I can meet the challenge I will. The car isn't bad for something you can drive off the lot in the UK for twelve grand.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

New Twingos are rear engined are they not?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

New Twingos are rear engined are they not?

Yes but that does not translate to good driving dynamics per se.

It's a good city car, nice turn in, quick steering. It does not handle well at the limit. It handles worse than the Up! and friends. Plus if you want it to have a decent amount of power it's like fourteen grand and then you might as well have bought... not a Twingo.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

IOwnCalculus posted:

CHALLENGE: Find a heavily modified version of your car. If yours is modified, find a stock one. Take a photo of them together as a before / after set.
I can't believe it took me this long to find a modified F-150. I see plenty of them, but not stopped or where I could take a picture. I'm on the moto half the time these days.

Wheels, tires, lift, brush guard. Not the bro-ish of bro-trucks, but should qualify. Even if its not the challenge winner. :)

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

I have a 2014 Taurus SHO. It's black and has all available options.

Yesterday, another Taurus SHO was tailgating me for 10 miles on the interstate. The difference was that his was white and his had flames painted all over it. It also has tinted windows, whereas mine are currently not.

That was the most modified Taurus SHO I've seen since they're primarily driven by boring middle-aged dads like myself. I would have taken a pic for this challenge just because, had we exited at the same time.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Courtesy the first day of actual "decent to drive around with windows down" weather we've seen so far this year (At least aside from the day after Irma...)

Post the biggest shitpile (and/ or) concentrated crazy car possible

(I wanna say traffic pictures are OK because sometimes the only way to catch the real good ones are in motion).

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Hi.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Those transmission kill stickers are great

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

`Nemesis posted:

Those transmission kill stickers are great

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'll think of a challenge tomorrow.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Wrar posted:

I'll think of a challenge tomorrow.

new challenge?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Find a car far-parked in a store lot that doesn't deserve it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh that's a pretty good one.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Wrar posted:

Sometimes those are employee's cars, they are told to park far from the store so customers can park close.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

Sometimes those are employee's cars, they are told to park far from the store so customers can park close.

Up the ante by finding one splitting two or more spaces?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Well, poo poo. Someone beat me to this one:

This short section of road between Arkansas and Missouri is hilarious to me because it's as if a bunch of go-getters on the Missouri side all got the idea to build liquor stores as close to the state line as possible. See, about half of Arkansas's counties are dry seven days a week (and a bunch of municipalities etc. are as well, even in wet counties), so if you want to kick it in your hotel room, you've got some driving to do. There's one liquor store behind Yellow Car there in the photo but not pictured are probably five or six more, all on the same half-mile or so of road.

Also I was pulled over for a heinous crime about an hour before taking that photo: I was driving waaaaay too fast.

How fast? Seventy-three in a seventy. I know, guys. I'm sorry. I promise I'll drive safer from now on/avoid Arkansas on future trips.

(I think we fit a profile or matched the description on an APB or something because this fucker had his gun half drawn as he approached the car)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Also I was pulled over for a heinous crime about an hour before taking that photo: I was driving waaaaay too fast.

How fast? Seventy-three in a seventy. I know, guys. I'm sorry. I promise I'll drive safer from now on/avoid Arkansas on future trips.

That doesn't even count here. Bullshit pull.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

(I think we fit a profile or matched the description on an APB or something because this fucker had his gun half drawn as he approached the car)

I think something similar happened to me last year. My subaru was actually inspected (which is a rare occurrence for me to actually get my cars inspected...). The inspection station put the sticker sort of in the blue sunshade part of the window, but I've never had an issue in the past with it.
Anyway, I got pulled over probably 10 times in two months in a few surrounding towns. Every time the cop came up to me all stern and used the inspection sticker as an excuse. They were always more interested in who I was than looking at my inspection sticker, then after realizing I wasn't up to no good were like "oh hey, didn't notice your sticker have a nice day".

I wonder how many other guys with beards driving a green subaru wagon got pulled over for the same thing... It's Maine after all, it matches the description of every other car on the road.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
In my case, I bet these douches see stories like this one and think they'll win the "I found a lot of pot in a seemingly inconspicuous vehicle" lottery. (Why do all these articles include that the clue revealing the major drug cache was that the suspect was "acting nervous?" Who the gently caress isn't nervous when he or she is stopped for no goddamn reason?)

Dude was sure as hell he had the winning ticket on his hands--inconspicuous vehicle traveling north from TEXAS (that's where DRUGS come from!) with all-too-ordinary-looking nondescript white people and their dogs in it. Trunk is probably full of THE DRUGS. I'd better ask the driver to step out and stand next to the hood of my patrol car as if he were about to be thrown onto it and violently handcuffed before or after being tazed and/or shot. Okay, now I'm ready to make *consults notes* "probably clause" by asking him a million questions, most of which are irrelevant to the traffic stop I'm conducting and traffic and cars and travel in general, all the while staring into his eyes with furrowed brows and my own eyes narrowed to a slit. I'll surely catch him "acting nervous" when he LIES about where he got his tattoo done (really), doesn't know the exact number of dead and wounded in the Vegas massacre (no, really), changes his answer when I ask him a second time if his passenger is, in fact, his wife (loving really), or changes his answer the fifth time I ask him if he's ever ever ever ever been arrested before, ever (what is this dude's deal?).

That's not even all of the questions he asked, either (Why yes, sir--Houston, Austin, and Dallas do make a triangle, don't they?).

You know what he didn't ask?

"May I look in the trunk"

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Wrar posted:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Perfect!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
:siren::pcgaming:NEXT CHALLENGE: IT'S POETRY TIME:pcgaming::siren:

Take a photo of your vehicle. Then, write a sonnet based on the photo.

Car all muddy? You could pen "Lament for the Dollar Store Brand Microfiber Cleaning Cloth I Bought for One Dollar."

Trunk full of junk? "Prelude to Digging for a Spare Tire"

Go nuts, just make sure it's a sonnet.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

If someone has a saab sonett, they basically win the internet on this one...

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

CannonFodder posted:

you never did that anyways just so some prick wouldn't trolley/key your car?

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:siren::pcgaming:NEXT CHALLENGE: IT'S POETRY TIME:pcgaming::siren:

Take a photo of your vehicle. Then, write a sonnet based on the photo.

Car all muddy? You could pen "Lament for the Dollar Store Brand Microfiber Cleaning Cloth I Bought for One Dollar."

Trunk full of junk? "Prelude to Digging for a Spare Tire"

Go nuts, just make sure it's a sonnet.

It's not a perfect Spenserian sonnet (some of the feet are trochees, not iambs, and there's at least one feminine ending), but it's a sonnet:

Oh broken Baja, such hopes for you I had.
Thine engine rattles, clanks, gasps, and dies.
Now parked long months, for you my heart is sad.
A spider's web? Oh, hear my mournful cry!

'Tis true, your cabin's state has led to sighs
and urgings of a more cleanly future,
but never did thy maintenance elide.
See, now, my charge: 'twas not a sinecure.

A moment will thee rest and wait for cure:
a fresh, hale, hearty heart--unbowed, unbent,|
and straining to unleash. Oh you will soar!
Beneath thine tires there shall unfold pavement!

For now, my steed, take rest and wait a while.
Soon, friend, I shall restore thee to thy style.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Very well done! Good turn, too.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Magnus Praeda posted:

it's a sonnet:

Most excellent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Most excellent!

In that case, it's challenge time:

Drinking and driving is bad. Driving to get a drink, however? Perfectly acceptable. And required for this challenge.

Go to your favorite local brewery, winery, meadery, cidery, or distillery and take a picture of your car with the corresponding beverage. Grab a growler of the local micro-brew, go Viking with a bottle of mead, sink a day's wages into a really nice Scotch (if you're lucky enough to be near one of the major Scotch distilling areas, I hate you but please post a pic!), whatever trips your hammer and gets you toasty. Macro-breweries are fine but only the actually brewery, not a canning line or distributor.

Though not required for the challenge, if they offer a tour, take it and take pics!

Please post responsibly.

• Locked thread