Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

There's no way this isn't done before I get home, because it's easy mode with a white CR-V just driving around crowded parking lots. Could probably easily find one that's also pre-2015 facelift and same LX trim level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Seriously, I already have the picture of my versa and the sentra, can we have a ruling on whether or not the same platform is okay before I post?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fermented Tinal posted:

Seriously, I already have the picture of my versa and the sentra, can we have a ruling on whether or not the same platform is okay before I post?

can i post my ion redline next to a cobalt ss???

no???

ok

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Awww, c'mon, they're like 90% of the way there. Even the engines differ soley by head design and stroke.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Gonna go ahead and say whomever posts the challenge answers the clarification questions from now on.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Drat. Can't do this one. None of the cop shops in town still use CVPIs, and the other guy at work who drives one painted it.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Adiabatic posted:

MrChips can you own both your car and the twin?

Sure what the hell.

Fermented Tinal posted:

If I was to see them parked together would I confuse them for the same car?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

MrChips posted:

If I was to see them parked together would I confuse them for the same car?

drat, I was hoping for a technicality here.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MrChips posted:

:siren:Post a pic of your car beside an exact twin (model and colour)of it:siren:

Different generations don't count.

So I bought another truck.

:siren: Post up your car next to (preferably not in) a body of water :siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: Post up your car next to (preferably not in) a body of water :siren:

it's a small body, but it's growing.

:siren: Post your car being lit up by another cars headlights :siren:

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Bajaha posted:

That looks like a puddle. Body of water generally implies permanent.

Here's mine about to put a tire off my dam into a pond.

Rules say motorcycles count, there's mine being lit by headlights.

:siren:Post your car with the engine out. This should be easy, lots of subarus in here:siren:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bajaha posted:

Nice body of water you got in your front yard there

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rdb posted:

:siren:Post your car with the engine out. This should be easy, lots of subarus in here:siren:

Dammit, old pictures don't count and it's too late to go visit my engineless car in storage. I'm sure someone will have this beat before I get a chance tomorrow.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Nice body of water you got in your front yard there

I will defend myself:

Wikipedia posted:

A body of water or waterbody[1] (often spelled water body) is any significant accumulation of water, generally on a planet's surface. The term most often refers to oceans, seas, and lakes, but it includes smaller pools of water such as ponds, wetlands, or more rarely, puddles.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You read it on wikipedia so it must be true.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I found it rather funny :colbert:

Moving on!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

More reliable than alternative facts, less reliable than peer-reviewed journals. For internet bullshit it's sufficient. Surprisingly enough Marriam-Webster does not have anything for body of water, waterbody, or any other variations I have tried. If you can point me to a peer-reviewed source for the definition of a body of water, well ... I will be impressed.

As for the engine out picture, all my vehicles are currently in functional states thank-you-very-much, I'll have to sit out until the next challenge.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Bajaha posted:

As for the engine out picture, all my vehicles are currently in functional states thank-you-very-much, I'll have to sit out until the next challenge.

You have a hoist, do you not?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

rdb posted:

Son of a... I need to start checking this thread before leaving for work in the morning

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST

rdb posted:

Aint no Subarus up in dis mawwww

Post your car with a full load of something that doesn't belong in a car (lumber, bricks, etc)

READ THE RULES GARBAGE DICK

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Is that picture current? I didn't think it was that warm in Newfoundland this time of year.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It is currently 50 and sunny here in Michigan, so I wouldn't doubt it

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yeah, this winter is disturbingly warm in the upper midwest.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Yeah I know, I live in Indiana near the Ohio, but in that picture there are broadleaf trees with leaves on them. I get costal temperature moderation and all that but I really don't think it's been warm enough for long enough to look like late spring early summer.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Fixed.

:siren: Post your car with the engine out. This should be easy, lots of subarus in here :siren:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

rdb posted:

This is somewhat philosophically challenging. What's the definition of a car? How much of a car must remain to still be considered a car? Is the soul of a car in the VIN tags, the body, or the suspension? I'm calling this a car, specifically a 1997 jeep cherokee.
You'll have to trust me that this particular example has no engine in it. I don't think that's asking very much.
DOUBLE CREDIT MODE: ENGAGE
(lit by headlight)

(this morning)

It's also short the doors, nose, transmission, transfer case, driveshafts, front and rear axles, fuel tanks, bumpers, and a small portion of the chassis.

Post your car driving over something it was never meant to drive over.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
If I take my Prius off road would that count?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Sure. Fords not in the breakdown lane, priuses offroad, subarus driving over big rocks, landrovers not on flatbed wreckers, anything goes.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

kastein posted:

Sure. Fords not in the breakdown lane, priuses offroad, subarus driving over big rocks, landrovers not on flatbed wreckers, anything goes.

Here it is driving on the back of a dam. I was a litttle afraid to go farther, it doesn't like mud.

:siren:post a picture of your ride being towed or towing another vehicle. At least two wheels need to be off the ground.:siren:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

That's pretty scary territory for that thing.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

rdb posted:

Here it is driving on the back of a dam. I was a litttle afraid to go farther, it doesn't like mud.

:siren:post a picture of your ride being towed or towing another vehicle. At least two wheels need to be off the ground.:siren:
Does the other vehicle need to be a 4 wheeled vehicle?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

ilkhan posted:

Does the other vehicle need to be a 4 wheeled vehicle?

Has to be a vehicle, motorcycle on trailer would be ok, pedal bike on a truck not so much.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

There goes my plan for my Jeep with my fleet of RC cars in the trunk.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I think an RC car being towed by the Jeep would be ok. Tie the front of it to the hitch with string or something.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

rdb posted:

Goodbye, sweet prince :(

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a (human) hat on it:siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a (human) hat on it:siren:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a fuzzy creature in the driver's seat:siren:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Bajaha posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a fuzzy creature in the driver's seat:siren:
gently caress, I shaved today already.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Bajaha posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car in front of a liquor store.:siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

angryrobots posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car in front of a liquor store.:siren:

:siren:Post a picture of your car in front of a French restaurant / cuisine.:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

drat, you guys are just banging them out today. The goat was a bit of a surprise. This is a pretty good thread.

• Locked thread