Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

The major fruit tree crop in sc is peaches. We produce more annually than "The peach state" Georgia, and it's pretty much the only commercially viable fruit tree that's happy with our climate.

Welcome to the palmetto state.
Nah, peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man, in a factory downtown.

Fermented Tinal posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your car parked with less than 2.5cm or 1in of space between it and another vehicle. :siren:

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle in a location half a mile or more from the nearest public paved road (public dirt tracks and forestry roads are permitted). :siren:

I'd suggest using Google maps or similar to confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle in a location half a mile or more from the nearest public paved road (public dirt tracks and forestry roads are permitted). :siren:

I'd suggest using Google maps or similar to confirm.

35.679959,-96.156674
:siren: post a picture of your vehicle at your county courthouse, or equivalent.:siren:

joat mon fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 23, 2017

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Who's got a lovely Mercury Sable for a "company car" and works a block from his county courthouse? This guy.

:siren:Post a picture of your car on a snow covered surface:siren:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Eat This Glob posted:

I don't understand. You mean like one of those post cards or something? :v:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Eat This Glob posted:

Who's got a lovely Mercury Sable for a "company car" and works a block from his county courthouse? This guy.

I got it as far up the snow bank as I could. Most of it around here is melted so this was the best I could do. It will probably rip the bumper off when I back out.

:siren:Post a picture of your car parked diagonally on a corner, with the nose facing in towards the apex and the wheels turned out, so it looks like it's drifting :siren:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

i own every Bionicle posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car parked diagonally on a corner, with the nose facing in towards the apex and the wheels turned out, so it looks like it's drifting :siren:

:siren:post a picture of your vehicle with a work of art or quotable quote done in the dust on the back window:siren:

joat mon fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 23, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I am amazed how quickly that last one got done.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Man you bastards powered right through the last few before I could even notice. I even have video footage of the "more than half a mile from pavement" one and live so drat close to some orchards :argh:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNveMjoSxp0

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

joat mon posted:

:siren:post a picture of your vehicle with a work of art or quotable quote done in the dust on the back window:siren:

drat, that shot :perfect:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The point of attack will come in the five consecutive pole barns ahead.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Are side windows acceptible? body panels? the snow I neglect to clean out of my box keeps washing the back one off.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Well poo poo, beaten. AAnd I had even done enough to prove my car was on this morning's satellite imagery. drat YOOOOOOOOOU!

Just post yours anyways please. I only did mine because it seemed like nobody else was moving forward on it. All I have to do is park out front and lean off the balcony (don't worry, it's 6 stories, I didn't violate the rule).

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

Nah, peaches come from a can. They were put there by a man, in a factory downtown.

nice!

E: CharlesM I was just about to get on the elevator to go to the roof when I saw the post so I never even took a pic lol

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Are side windows acceptible? body panels? the snow I neglect to clean out of my box keeps washing the back one off.

Side Windows are cool. Dirty body panels work too.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

joat mon posted:

:siren:post a picture of your vehicle without a spec of dust on it:siren:

E: bonus points for having a meticulously detailed car parked on a dirty road/ surface. Just a car wash will not suffice.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 24, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well I'm out

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Does shoveling the seeds out of the footwell count as detailing?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

cakesmith handyman posted:

Does shoveling the seeds out of the footwell count as detailing?

Same but Cheerios and Little People.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Hang on folks, I'm sure our local pimper of fine quality meats has this well in hand.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Hang on folks, I'm sure our local pimper of fine quality meats has this well in hand.

Didn't he catch the flu?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I literally ran the WJ through a car wash last night but I will not violate the sanctity of The Driving Game by claiming anything about it was meticulous.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

I literally ran the WJ through a car wash last night but I will not violate the sanctity of The Driving Game by claiming anything about it was meticulous.

If you're being fearful or timid about posting a pic, you're literally being meticulous, so I think you're covered.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I think a jeep covered in mud might technically qualify here. (I don't have a jeep which I can easy cover in mud)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Calidus posted:

I think a jeep covered in mud might technically qualify here. (I don't have a jeep which I can easy cover in mud)

It does. Technicalities are acceptable

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Bajaha posted:

It does. Technicalities are acceptable

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Bajaha posted:

:siren:post a picture of your vehicle without a spec of dust on it:siren:

E: bonus points for having a meticulously detailed car parked on a dirty road/ surface. Just a car wash will not suffice.

Just picked up from body shop after my wife put it into a ditch, lots of new bits up front and fully detailed. Drove 1 mile down a dirt road to my in-laws driveway.

:siren:Show us a picture of your car parallel parked tight between 2 immobile objects (i.e. Not cars):siren:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Some of my cars are immobile objects.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Modus Man posted:

Just picked up from body shop after my wife put it into a ditch, lots of new bits up front and fully detailed. Drove 1 mile down a dirt road to my in-laws driveway.

:siren:Show us a picture of your car parallel parked tight between 2 immobile objects (i.e. Not cars):siren:

Niiiiiiice. Good call.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > The AI Driving Game - Wait, you mean I can talk to strangers?

1. Sometimes they say 'no,' dammit.
2. Should have taken a smaller car today.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
This was a brilliant challenge idea and your execution of it is perfect. I want to see a whole series of these.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Modus Man posted:

P-sure this counts. I figured by parallel park you wanted the vehicle perpendicular to the passage between the objects. Assuming that's acceptable:
:siren:Show us a picture of your vehicle completely airborne:siren:

Photos where your vehicle is on a lift or jacks/axle stands wouldn't count unless you can convincingly fake it e: V or it's funny.

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 25, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
counts

Also airborne totally counts if its funny

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Ephphatha posted:

P-sure this counts. I figured by parallel park you wanted the vehicle perpendicular to the passage between the objects. Assuming that's acceptable:

:golfclap:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Modus Man posted:

Ephphatha posted:

:siren:Show us a picture of your vehicle completely airborne:siren:

From the AI FB group:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Dagen H posted:

From the AI FB group:

http://imgur.com/V7ZzCsf

(Image won't show inline. loving imgur.)

Is this actually your car, and did you take this picture in the last, uhhh, 15 hours?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

MrChips posted:

Is this actually your car, and did you take this picture in the last, uhhh, 15 hours?

Not answering the challenge, just adding levity. Sorry to soil the sanctity of the Driving Game.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Dagen H posted:

Not answering the challenge, just adding levity. Sorry to soil the sanctity of the Driving Game.

You must now complete a previous challenge as penance :colbert:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dagen H posted:

From the AI FB group:

http://imgur.com/V7ZzCsf

(Image won't show inline. loving imgur.)

You have to copy the image location itself, not their silly post-style link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
You said vehicle, not car or truck, so here you go. All my videos and pictures of my roadgoing vehicles off the ground are too old and/or not old enough (statute of limitations)

post a picture of your car riding a towtruck home

• Locked thread