Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

kastein posted:

post a picture of your car riding a towtruck home

I already did mine on a towtruck earlier in the thread :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

kastein posted:

You said vehicle, not car or truck, so here you go.

Adiabatic posted:

6. Despite there being a thread in CA; motorcycles, and poo poo lets go ahead and say anything with an engine THAT YOU OWN, will do.

I default to vehicle instead of car because bikes.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So, does that mean my snowblower and my self-propelled lawnmower count as vehicles?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

kastein posted:

You said vehicle, not car or truck, so here you go. All my videos and pictures of my roadgoing vehicles off the ground are too old and/or not old enough (statute of limitations)

post a picture of your car riding a towtruck home

Holy poo poo that's an awesome picture.

Fermented Tinal posted:

So, does that mean my snowblower and my self-propelled lawnmower count as vehicles?

Yes

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
What constitutes a tow-truck? Can I put the lawnmower in my wheelbarrow and tie the wheelbarrow to the snowblower?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Ephphatha posted:

I default to vehicle instead of car because bikes.

Fermented Tinal posted:

What constitutes a tow-truck? Can I put the lawnmower in my wheelbarrow and tie the wheelbarrow to the snowblower?

Does that rule mean that electric cars are not OK, and that RC cars and string trimmers are? That doesn't seem... in the spirit of things.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
I would go with motorized and ridden at the bare minimum, or else I'm going to chain a garden tiller to a hay spike and call it a tow.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Some sort of road legal vehicle, and an actual tow truck was my intent with that, but I obviously phoned it in a bit because I couldn't think of anything else. Well, I could, but they were even less entertaining.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, my snowblower does have something resembling a drawbar hitch but I have absolutely no idea what it is for.

I've thought about making a two-wheeled dolly to stand on to go with it but am really unsure if the friction disc could handle the loading.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

If it's funny, go ahead and take liberties. If you're obviously being a pedant, don't.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm now really annoyed about missing the "off the ground" one, as I'm pretty certain my mate and I could've got a photo of us today lifting the remains of his parts car between us.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

No offense to Ken but we've gone 2 days now on a duplicate challenge, I vote for a change.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

No offense to Ken but we've gone 2 days now on a duplicate challenge, I vote for a change.

~Be the change that you want to see in the world~

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

I guess we're just waiting for Eberbs to come along and school us.

He's the one with the tow truck business, right? :ohdear:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Dony worry, this is AI..... There must be at least one tow-trucking per week among us

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

Dony worry, this is AI..... There must be at least one tow-trucking per week among us

This is a stretch but my heres my car on a hoist a day after being on a tow truck after hitting a tree. http://i.imgur.com/fYwiSUa.jpg
If it counts
post a pic of your car next to exotic wild life

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Unless it is accepted just to get it moving, I would not say no just because the challenge poster was pretty clear that lifts are not in the spirit of the challenge.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Gonna say no to that one.

We'll give it until tomorrow before we do some democracy and/or fascism.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I somehow managed to mix up what challenge we were on, but I'm going to post my efforts anyway in the hopes that some may find it amusing.

And the original photo is a week old, but I didn't have this particular photo as some... modifications were made.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Derp.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 28, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

No wonder the X-34s just aren't in demand anymore.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Hi, I'm CAT INTERCEPTOR!

I have a really fast rally car that i like to drive really fast

Well..... gently caress

I had to call up a few friends to help me get my car back.Unfortunatly the police and hte media turned up

So after some hard work and a lot of swearing, we got the car onto the tow truck. Isnt it a fine big one?

Driving back to the workshop to fix the damage :(

If this is accepted the challenge will be PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH SOMEONE WEARING JORTS AND HIGH HEELS. But I'll wait for what Mr Moderator says :)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Those LEGO bricks are worth more than a lot of people's cars on here. I'll second the motion.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Quote is not edit (again)

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

That's fantastic. I'll lead the rebellion if it isn't accepted.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:siren: PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH SOMEONE WEARING JORTS AND HIGH HEELS :siren:

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 28, 2017

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
AI is the best car forum

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH SOMEONE WEARING JORTS AND HIGH HEELS :siren:

I am so glad I'm not the only one who still goes for that reference.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Does Sock even post anymore?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

Does Sock even post anymore?

You're acting as if there's a single person in here who doesn't own a pair of jorts :colbert:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

You're acting as if there's a single person in here who doesn't own a pair of jorts :colbert:
Do cut-off jeggings count?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

scuz posted:

Do cut-off jeggings count?

Well the legos counted...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

My jeans are torn the other way, and if you want to see a fat hairy man's undies, call Micromancer.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I'm intrigued by the questions about lack of jorts, contrasted with the absence of questions about finding size 11 high heels.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Hey! No kink shaming.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Astonishing Wang posted:

Well the legos counted...

As the challenge age goes up so do the liberties.

Funny is always awesome.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
:cawg:

Well done. I wasn't really expecting that but it sure fits what I said.

There are no high heels in this house so I think this one's up to someone else.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH SOMEONE WEARING JORTS AND HIGH HEELS.

:siren: post an advertisement of a vehicle (preferably one like yours) then post a picture where you have recreated that advertisement with your vehicle :siren:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

:captainpop: :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

That is one hell of an example.

• Locked thread