Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

YUSS STOKED FOR THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Can non-Canadians settle for regular NAPA Autoparts stores?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Some property owners are picky about who they let drive onto and take pictures of their property :confused:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, this winter is disturbingly warm in the upper midwest.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Bajaha posted:

They've got a security booth so as close as I can get without actually working there.

:siren:Post a picture of your car with it's exact opposite:siren:

(i.e. Motorcycle beside a hummer, prius beside a racecar, you get the idea)

Oversized, impractical, gas guzzler next to tiny, practical, and economical.

:siren:Post your vehicle as close to a wind mill as you can get!:siren:

Let's put the "driving" back in "Driving Game"

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 18, 2017

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

A wind turbine is definitely a kind of windmill. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: Post your car next to (in your opinion) the most important historical site in your town. Explain why. :siren:

This is an excellent post and an excellent challenge. I look forward to seeing the responses.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

There's a 15 minute loading zone across the street from the Sears Tower...

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Back in Atlanta, it would have been bitchin' to sneak the Jeep into the old abandoned prison farm. I did that once on a motorcycle at night, and it was weird when I realized, "holy poo poo, this is an orchard!"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

angryrobots posted:

The major fruit tree crop in sc is peaches. We produce more annually than "The peach state" Georgia, and it's pretty much the only commercially viable fruit tree that's happy with our climate.

Welcome to the palmetto state.

I have heard that "peach" in "The Peach State" is actually a corruption of "pitch". Georgia's vast pine forests made it a valuable source of pitch, or pine tar, for shipbuilding back in colonial days.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh I've *got* this one.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

joat mon posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle at the edge of a natural or manmade precipice, as close as you dare :siren:
To start off with, the precipice needs to be at least a yard/meter high, so curbs/kerbs don't count.

This was as close as I dared come to the dropoff into the Chicago River. It's a solid 4-6' down to the water from there.

kastein posted:

Safety Dance - sounds like an excuse to go to Badlands ORP in Attica this weekend to me!

Good thoughts -- I've started planning a trip to Cliffs Insane Terrain next month.

More driving for the driving game!

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle with 1000 feet (330m) elevation change from your home / the place where it usually lives! :siren:

Post a picture and whatever proof you deem appropriate.

I'll allow 100' (33m) by this time Friday if you genuinely live in a Very Flat Place like Kansas or Florida.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Aw dang, I was just down by Comiskey Park U.S. Cellular Field Guaranteed Rate Field.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Well, I'm off to go park by a coyote den with a steak on my hood.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

This is pushin' a week old. How little dirt are you willing to accept, rdb?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

This is not a competitor because it's about six years old, but I hope it reminds Atlanta goons to hit up the Krog St Tunnel.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

My dead pedal is made from 3/4" plywood riv-nutted to the sheet metal and finished with danish oil. The angle is a little off, but it's so much nicer than not having a dead pedal.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Can I park my Jeep next to its own grille, or the grille of another Jeep?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

~Coxy posted:

drat; there's no such thing as an Australian restaurant.

There used to be this sweet place in Atlanta called the Australian Bakery. It was there that I had my first (and last, please) steak and kidney pie.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

ilkhan posted:

:siren: Find something interesting more than 20 miles away from both home and work/school (aka something you went out of your daily path to get to) :siren:

Yes! I love Atlas Obscura type poo poo! Entertain me!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I appreciate that history lesson!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Damnit. I drove through some deep puddles this afternoon but no pics. :(

Same.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Well hot drat! Haven't had a good chickencheese in a long while. Best be careful cooking for me, lest my new bride get jealous!

God bless you.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

A bunch of variations on this theme, but there's no rule against repeats so far as I can remember.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

In the afternoon of May 25th, 1979, American Airlines flight 191, a DC-10, began it's takeoff roll from Chicago O'Hare airport bound for l
Los Angeles. Seconds later, it's #1 engine ripped off of the wing. The crew initiated an emergency climb out, but inadvertantly stalled due to a loss of power. The plane crashed in this field here, killing all 271 people aboard and two on the ground.

In the spirit of this photo, drive at least 10 miles to the site of a tragedy.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Officially declaring it: the sinkhole at the Corvette Museum is a tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I hope the answer is "watch Twin Peaks episodes", but I know better.

• Locked thread