Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Who's got a lovely Mercury Sable for a "company car" and works a block from his county courthouse? This guy.

:siren:Post a picture of your car on a snow covered surface:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I went to Fannin, Texas to visit the site where Colonel James Fannin got his poo poo kicked in because he made a series of really bad decisions that led to a brutal massacre at the Battle of Coleto Creek. If you're reading this, Colonel, next time I advise camping in the woods and not in plain sight on even, dry terrain when you're being pursued by enemies. Just sayin'.

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Take us a photo of your vehicle next to a public library (or your local equivalent). There must be a book in the photo and it CANNOT be the user's manual for the car or a Chilton's/teardown/etc. guide. Show us your favorite novel or maybe a dictionary? The sky's the limit--it just needs to be a book.:siren::pcgaming:

Featuring a copy of Gaiman's American Gods that I actually purchased from a library sale.

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Let's get real juvenile with it. Take a photo outside of a place that has a suggestive or double entendre-type name (Dicks, Hooters, etc).:siren:

:pcgaming: BONUS CHALLENGE: if the person to win this challenge does so by taking a photo outside of a KUM & GO convenience store, I will buy you a forums upgrade certificate of your choice or an avatar certificate :pcgaming: (sorry non-midwesterners, but you can still win the main challenge):siren:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Easy peasy, one trip to the Ejaculate and Evacuate later. :) Found a bonus Volvo as well!

:siren: NEXT CHALLENGE : Show me your ride next to a real antique, a vehicle older than 1950! :siren:

Winner winner! You even take the bonus prize. Anything you want?

e: Check your email. vvvvv
e2: And Plat is back!

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 25, 2017

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I just stuffed a mini van full of newspapers to recycle. Like 4' of newspapers with just room in the driver's seat. Shame it's a company van.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Here is a photo of a confused cat and dog in a tiny car. No animals were harmed in the production of this photo. Humans, on the other hand...

Sorry about the quality but have you ever tried to put a cat in a car?

:pcgaming::siren:FIND SOMEWHERE CREEPY SPOOOOOOOOOOOKY. Strange haunted house in the neighborhood? Neighbor own a conversion van and parks outside of children's' playgrounds? GET US A PHOTO OF YOU DARING TO BE BRAVE WITH YOUR VEHICLE:siren::pcgaming:

:spooky: :ghost: This is the spoooooookiest place I know, dubbed "The Haunted Grove." According to legend in the late 1800s, a man went mad and hacked up his family with an axe and their vengeful spirits are said to walk these woods. When I was a youngster, it was a hazing tradition for seniors to bring freshman out to the grove at midnight and make them walk through the 1/2 mile of woods. If they were sucessful, they got a ride back into town. If they didn't do it, they were forced to walk the 4 miles back to the city. It was my first time back at The Haunted Grove since I made that fateful walk through the woods as a freshman. :spooky: :ghost:

If that is spooky enough for you GSF,

:siren: TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH A FOOD FROM ITS COUNTRY OF ORIGIN ON IT! PUT A BRATWURST ON YOUR BIMMER! PUT SOME SPOTTED DICK ON YOUR JAG! PUT A BURGER ON YOUR BRONCO! :siren:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I should have read more carefully before driving 20 miles to get this picture. I got a picture of the wind power source, but not what it's powering so we'll call it a non-entry, I guess:

I didn't take one horizontal shot; instead I made sure I got the wind turbine in it. poo poo. Anyway, this wind turbine and solar array powers a couple of out buildings and a farmstead. It produces an excess of power that the landowner sells to an electric cooperative and the generation capacity has paid for the purchase and installation of the turbine and solar panels after just 18 months. Good deal if you've got the capital to sink into them!

e: melty says my post passes muster, so :siren::siren: NEW CHALLENGE! NEWS IS KIND OF lovely AND DEPRESSING RIGHT NOW, SO MY WIFE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR VEHICLE IN FRONT OF SOMETHING THAT MAKE YOU SMILE. Just a thing that makes you smile, whatever you want. If it's a flock of ducks, cool! If a burned down orphanage makes you smile, that's on you, but it counts! Anything that makes you smile :siren: :siren:

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 25, 2017

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

I should have read more carefully before driving 20 miles to get this picture. I got a picture of the wind power source, but not what it's powering so we'll call it a non-entry, I guess:

I didn't take one horizontal shot; instead I made sure I got the wind turbine in it. poo poo. Anyway, this wind turbine and solar array powers a couple of out buildings and a farmstead. It produces an excess of power that the landowner sells to an electric cooperative and the generation capacity has paid for the purchase and installation of the turbine and solar panels after just 18 months. Good deal if you've got the capital to sink into them!

e: meltie says my post passes muster, so :siren::siren: NEW CHALLENGE! NEWS IS KIND OF lovely AND DEPRESSING RIGHT NOW, SO MY WIFE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR VEHICLE IN FRONT OF SOMETHING THAT MAKE YOU SMILE. Just a thing that makes you smile, whatever you want. If it's a flock of ducks, cool! If a burned down orphanage makes you smile, that's on you, but it counts! Anything that makes you smile :siren: :siren:

Quote for a new page since the challenge was edited in! :siren: Take a picture of your vehicle in front of something that makes you smile! :siren:

Thanks meltie! It was an easy one for me since I have about 200 giant turbines about 5-10 miles away. I went a little smaller for the challenge though!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Delivery McGee posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your car next to a statue/sculpture of an animal :siren:

Inspired by the fiberglass gator out front of the Cajun restaurant I ate at this week, and bronze cattle at the truckstop I stopped at once back in Texas on the way home.

Greetings from the town of Mallard, population 266. They're friendly ducks. This duck is roughly the size of my Mini.

:siren: LET'S KEEP IT RURAL. TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR VEHICLE IN VIEW OF SOME LIVESTOCK OR A HORSE OR A DONKEY. :siren:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Cows, subie wagons, and trees make me long for my native NH. Well done.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I had some free time yesterday afternoon so I decided to take a drive to a place I know that has horses hanging around. All I got was horses asses :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I hope it counts! I've done a similar challenge kinda lamely and as a history buff with a car being delivered tomorrow, I'd take another run at it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks.

Challenge: It's summer here. Take a picture of your wheels at a swimming pool or beach or other way to beat the heat.

Greetings from the municipal swimming pool! The rock shower house was built during the depression as a WPA project. It's kinda neat. The pool itself is about 20 years old.

:siren:Challenge: It's also summer here and head indices were around 105 f/40c the last few days. Take a photo of your ride at an ice cream stand/shop. Treat yourself to something if you're so inclined! OR if you're in the southern hemisphere/some place where it's winter or cold, show me something chilly!:siren:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Delivery McGee posted:

Do snocone stands and/or Braum's/Dairy Queen (fast-food joints known for their ice cream) count? If so, I'll mercy-kill this one around noon tomorrow, if nobody beats me to it.

Show me cold stuff to put in your mouth. I thought this would be snapped up based on ease.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

InediblePenguin posted:

I still don't have my own car yet but I took my mom's minivan to the local ice cream parlor for you yesterday. It was unusually cold so I ended up being the only one in the parking lot, but it was still hard to get a good photo because of the layout of the place. Hope this works?

If it's cool, my challenge will be: :siren: your ride and a LARGE statue -- a piece of public art, not like, a garden gnome. Double points if the statue is pointing at your vehicle

Absolutely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Well, poo poo. I was beat to it. Anyways, here's the junk in my trunk frunk since I bothered to upload it:

Some jack stands, the gas tank covering kind of askew, a, uh, piece of plastic maybe from my lawnmower covering some rusty metal poo poo and a can of Seafoam.

Live, thread! drat you, live! This has been fun.

• Locked thread