Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: First challenge! :siren:

Post a pic of your car near a power station.

Done. That's half a block from my house, so I literally just drove there and took the photo.

Next challenge: :siren: Post a pic of your car on or beside a bridge. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Adiabatic posted:

HOLY poo poo

Yeah, I feel like <=15 minutes to respond to a challenge by actually driving somewhere, taking a photo, and posting it to the thread might stand as a record for a little while. :colbert:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

beep-beep car is go posted:

Thanks to you guys, I have snuck out of work to go and drive my car to a nearby bridge:

Next challenge: :siren: Post a pic of your car by a State park (or equivalent) sign. :siren:

Edited for internationals

Yesssssssss

I love this thread already.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I took this photo 5 minutes before you posted that Adiabatic, so I'm posting it anyway. Not to contest the winner, but because I drove 1/2 an hour out of my way to get it and I think it fits the spirit of the request better than yours.

A+ post / username combo. :golfclap:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Ephphatha posted:

P-sure this counts. I figured by parallel park you wanted the vehicle perpendicular to the passage between the objects. Assuming that's acceptable:

:golfclap:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

I have a rental car right now. I am in Honolulu. I saw some really serious mud about 15 miles east of town.

Will rdb / Adabiatic accept a rental car that is completely stuck in the mud, but potentially not completely covered in it, because it doesn't have enough power to actually spray the poo poo everywhere?

Asking for a friend. :tinfoil:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

iospace posted:

This needs more love.

It does. It was brilliant af. :golfclap:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

On a rainy Friday I decided to drive into downtown Salt Lake to be the office champion and get some delightful donuts. They were out of the Butterfly donut though which is my favorite :argh: bavarian cream and apple fritters will satisfy me today. ignore my hideous snow tire wheel setup. I have not yet changed them over to my summer setup

:siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Take a picture of a toy car of your real car in front of your real car using a tilt shift filter in as much of a fake artistic shot as possible. Bonus points for real/fake lens flares:siren: :

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: take a picture of your car at a "welcome to" state or country sign! :siren:

e:f;b

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

The Locator posted:

I honestly figured this one would be met within minutes so I didn't bother moving my lazy arse out of my chair to do it... but what the hell, have some shoes. Also, I really need to wash my car.

Because I'm a terribly un-inventive person, and because his picture was awesome, I'll just let HandlingByJebus challenge stand as the next challenge:

Aw, shucks. :downs:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Okay, I'm an impatient guy.

Let's sweeten the deal.

Ten bucks to charity for the first winning submission featuring an elaborate romantic dinner for your lovely vehicle.

Ten more bucks to charity if there is spaghetti on at least one plate in the photo.

A further ten bucks to charity if in addition to the spaghetti being on the table there is also a tiny toy/model airplane in the photo.

DON'T LET US DOWN!

The paper airplane is the best I could do for a toy airplane. Up to you if you accept it.

I'll have you know that I made that sauce completely from scratch, specifically for this challenge.

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Show us your vehicle being used as it was meant! Minivan filled with kids, Ducati at Starbucks, Jeep on a 4x4 trail, sports car at the track. :siren::pcgaming:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Matt Criibabi posted:

I WAS going to do my hair and makeup all pretty. I WAS going to drive to a romantic spot where there would be more light and less rain. I WAS going to try to get pictures that weren't blurry... but then you went and added this and you forced my hand. I'm sorry the pictures are blurry, it was getting dark.

On a very romantic and drizzly evening, during the most romantic portion of the day (sunset) I met my date with a polite kiss, and we shared a drink and laugh. People looked at us with envy (was it envy? it was probably envy) as they walked and drove by, but we had eyes only for each other.

We posed for a couple photos as a memento of this special night. (Please to be zooming in to see the Kindersurprise A330 airplane)

All in all, we had a lovely date and look forward to many more. Aaaaaaand, come to think about it, it's good that we didn't leave the driveway, because I drank the hell out of that bubbly, and I 100% refuse to driver her with any amount of alcohol in my system. So there.

Thanks! The inside was cool if a little touristy, the pie was par for the course for diner pie but still satisfying, and I'm even more stoked for the next season than I was before.

Edit: Oh god drat it. That's ok, I'll save my challenge for later.

I'm not bummed, YOU'RE BUMMED!

loving hell, I'm not happy to have beaten this beautiful, amazing entry by a literal minute. But I did spend nearly 3 hours on the sauce, so gently caress it. :colbert:

:golfclap: to you, though, Matt Criibabi. :golfclap:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What could possibly be more used for intended purpose other than a Subaru Liberty wagon hauling poo poo, other than a Forester hauling lesbians? Sorry, aint got no lesbians so the Liberty hauling poo poo has to do

It's own engine with a blown headgasket. How Subaru is that?

CHALLENGE : Matt Criibabi response was so loving good that I had to think of a logical progression. Find a romantic spot and propose marriage to your car in the most romantic way possible over dinner / lunch / picnic / grease and oil change / whatever sick and twisted manner you can come up with

I'll accept this so long as the car actually moves under its own power right now - a wagon hauling big poo poo is certainly doing what it was designed for. Knowing CAT INTERCEPTOR, it almost certainly does, but it would be good to get confirmation.

e: from his project(s) thread, it is apparent that this car has a new engine in it and is hauling its busted old one. Accepted!

HandlingByJebus fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 28, 2017

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Oh cool you even included candles and spaghetti and

:stare:

I don't even have words to articulate how ridiculously amazing this is. This is how it's done, guys and gals.

For your combined efforts and holy balls going above and beyond the call of duty, I have donated $60 to the Save the Children Federation.

edit: Handlingbyjebus technically gets the point (by like a minute) but come the hell on she nailed that

You're a good man.

And hell yeah she did.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The things we do for love.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

meltie posted:

This is a great challenge and I have an idea how to meet it - if I'm not beaten tonight :)

Being beaten sounds unlikely. Godspeed, sweet goon!

• Locked thread