Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Modus Man posted:

:siren:Show us a picture of your car parallel parked tight between 2 immobile objects (i.e. Not cars):siren:

P-sure this counts. I figured by parallel park you wanted the vehicle perpendicular to the passage between the objects. Assuming that's acceptable:
:siren:Show us a picture of your vehicle completely airborne:siren:

Photos where your vehicle is on a lift or jacks/axle stands wouldn't count unless you can convincingly fake it e: V or it's funny.

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

kastein posted:

You said vehicle, not car or truck, so here you go.

Adiabatic posted:

6. Despite there being a thread in CA; motorcycles, and poo poo lets go ahead and say anything with an engine THAT YOU OWN, will do.

I default to vehicle instead of car because bikes.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle with 1000 feet (330m) elevation change from your home / the place where it usually lives! :siren:

Post a picture and whatever proof you deem appropriate.

I'll allow 100' (33m) by this time Friday if you genuinely live in a Very Flat Place like Kansas or Florida.

You lot must have ADD or something thinking two days is too long to have a challenge go unanswered, not that you need to worry for this one.

Starting from Bathurst, NSW, Australia. According to wikipedia the average elevation of the town is 650m however my gps was showing 690m. Lets call it 700m to be safe.

The exif data on this photo should be intact, for reference it was taken at -33.2747806,149.7874639 with a GPS calculated height of 1197m for a difference of ~500m. It's not the highest point around but I like coming up here cause of the great view. The firetrail on the way in/out is great fun as well as long as you don't overcook it and cop a rock to the tit.

I would've come up here for the previous challenge as well but it's not really a cliff, just a fairly steep hill at this point.

For the next challenge:
:siren:Show us your vehicle in its natural habitat:siren:

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

:siren:Show us your vehicle with only three tires touching the ground. Static or in motion, does not matter.:siren:

Non-competing cause it doesn't meet the challenge criteria:

An effort was made? Bit hard to do this with only two wheels in the first place :v:

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Non-competing because non-motorised vehicle* but I saw this on the way home and turns out it was pretty well posed for riding a bike (except the stubby little legs couldn't reach the pedals :smith:).

* Also not a real animal**
** And not actually on the bike

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

rdb posted:

I thought about doing this but my S1000XR tires started showing cords Friday. I don't want to wind up with bits of steel in my legs or tear up a relatively new bike.

I was thinking the same thing, but my new rear tyre turned up in the mail today so lets turn some rubber into smoke!* (Non-competing - violates rule 6 due to lack of engine)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8nOwX7BHI

*rubber may not actually turn into smoke

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE PARDNERS: I WANNA SEE YER VEHICLE FULL OF STUFF. WANNA SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU CAN FIT IN YOUR HONDA DEL SOL? TAKE A PHOTO. YOU ONE O' THEM HOARDERS WHAT KEEP ALL KINDS OF CRAP IN YOUR CAR? WELL YER IN LUCK, AND HECK, EVEN IF YOU OWN A MURDERCYCLE OR A LAWN TRACTOR YOU CAN WIN TOO. STACK SOME STUFF ON IT. WE WANNA SEE SOME CREATIVITY, PARDNERS!:siren::pcgaming:

I've been sick for drat near a month and haven't been able to ride my bicycle anywhere near as much as I wanted, so today I figured I'd experiment and see if I could fabricobble a bicycle rack for my motorcycle so I can get to the trailhead easier.

I present Xzibit A:

Seems like it'll work :v:

If that's acceptable:
:siren: It's time for your car-waifu (or husbando) to move in, show us your vehicle inside in a room other than the garage. :siren:

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

You should do it anyway, I've seen plenty of bogan wagons loaded with booze headed into mount panorama but never seen one loaded with empties.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Of course, I knew it'd be a softball for motorcycles but we're under-represented in this game.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Post a pic of the inside of your axle. :siren:

Non-competing because it's weaksauce and not in the spirit of the challenge, but...

:v: Hollow axles make this a bit easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

How about the patron saint of V8s?

Lighting is a bit atrocious because I took this shot after work yesterday but this is the Peter Brock Memorial at the base of Mt Panorama. It's possible to get closer by parking round the back but the back of the statue is completely featureless. I think I did this for the riding game as well actually, the other choice would've been the big gold panner which I've definitely done in the past.

In the spirit of repeats, :siren: Show us your happy place! Take a shot of your vehicle on your favourite local* driving road, or that spot you like to go to when you want to relax for a bit.

*Whatever your interpretation of local is fine. When I did this for the weekly riding game I did a 2 hour loop that took me 60km from town as the crow flies, because I live in a rural area and I was nowhere near any other major towns on the route.

• Locked thread