Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

MrChips posted:

:siren:Post a pic of your car beside an exact twin (model and colour)of it:siren:

Different generations don't count.

Well, gently caress you then :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: Post up your car next to (preferably not in) a body of water :siren:

it's a small body, but it's growing.

:siren: Post your car being lit up by another cars headlights :siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Nice body of water you got in your front yard there

I will defend myself:

Wikipedia posted:

A body of water or waterbody[1] (often spelled water body) is any significant accumulation of water, generally on a planet's surface. The term most often refers to oceans, seas, and lakes, but it includes smaller pools of water such as ponds, wetlands, or more rarely, puddles.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

More reliable than alternative facts, less reliable than peer-reviewed journals. For internet bullshit it's sufficient. Surprisingly enough Marriam-Webster does not have anything for body of water, waterbody, or any other variations I have tried. If you can point me to a peer-reviewed source for the definition of a body of water, well ... I will be impressed.

As for the engine out picture, all my vehicles are currently in functional states thank-you-very-much, I'll have to sit out until the next challenge.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Pomp and Circumcized posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a (human) hat on it:siren:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a fuzzy creature in the driver's seat:siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

angryrobots posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car in front of a liquor store.:siren:

:siren:Post a picture of your car in front of a French restaurant / cuisine.:siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Aww man, there's nothing close to me other than bus manufacturers.

Those count, right?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

InitialDave posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car at a car manufacturer's factory or head office (but not one you work for):siren:

They've got a security booth so as close as I can get without actually working there.

:siren:Post a picture of your car with it's exact opposite:siren:

(i.e. Motorcycle beside a hummer, prius beside a racecar, you get the idea)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Safety Dance posted:

:siren:Post your vehicle as close to a wind mill as you can get!:siren:

Let's put the "driving" back in "Driving Game"

Ok, doesn't exactly mill flour but they are colloquially referred to as windmills. And it was a drive.

:siren:Post your vehicle beside a natural formation of some sort that is taller than your vehicle:siren:

I.e. Big rock wall, high snow, NO TREES.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Imo, natural formation implies that the pile of snow was not made with a shovel, blower, or plow.

Correct, with the one caveat being roads that have been carved into deep snow are ok, as the accumulation was natural but the removal for the road was done by machine.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I'm in that flat prairies, going to have time wait until next challenge to compete.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

joat mon posted:

:siren:post a picture of your vehicle with a work of art or quotable quote done in the dust on the back window:siren:

:siren:post a picture of your vehicle without a spec of dust on it:siren:

E: bonus points for having a meticulously detailed car parked on a dirty road/ surface. Just a car wash will not suffice.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 24, 2017

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Hang on folks, I'm sure our local pimper of fine quality meats has this well in hand.

Didn't he catch the flu?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Calidus posted:

I think a jeep covered in mud might technically qualify here. (I don't have a jeep which I can easy cover in mud)

It does. Technicalities are acceptable

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Hey! No kink shaming.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Adiabatic posted:

Finally got around to this:

:frogsiren: FEBRUARY WINNER IS BAJAHA! :frogsiren:

:slick: PM'ed

Finding a liquid surface of water might be a little hard in the northern wastelands right now...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Most of my rides are AWD and we're in the middle of a melt so there's no ice on the ground anymore :(

Rental mustang, you can do it! (ATF, wd-40, any lubricant will do the trick, even water might be sufficient to make it easy to do a burnout.)

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I can always park the Hyundai next to a Honda :downs:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

~Coxy posted:

drat; there's no such thing as an Australian restaurant.

"Australian" but chain restaurant...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Late entry in case the previous one don't count.

E: FB oh well, leaving this here

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Awe gently caress. I misread, I thought I was just looking for the freight cars, not the loco itself.

Courtesy of lucky timing and misreading the challenge, not an entry since I'm an idiot.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: FIND US THE CLEANEST OR DIRTIEST ENGINE YOU CAN AND TAKE A PHOTO WITH THE HOOD UP. IF THE ENGINE IS NOT IN YOUR VEHICLE, YOUR VEHICLE HAD BETTER BE IN THE PICTURE AS WELL:pcgaming::siren:

I present to you, an engine which may have never been washed! Dun dun dun!!!

:siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: I want to see your car hover, all wheels must be off the ground (ground is open to interpretation, longer it goes the less strict I am with what is ground):siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Clearly states you need to park beside the car, it can't be just a photo of your car.

hth. (Do we still have that word filter?)

E: no we don't :(

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

iospace posted:

Alright, sounds good. There were more on the back too, but I got lazy. So to repeat:

:havlat:Take a picture of your car next to a steam locomotive. Bonus points if it's running.:havlat:

Drove all the way to Jasper for this from prairie Manitoba, you better appreciate it!

:siren:Get a picture of your car with a hot air balloon in the frame:siren:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

hedgegnome posted:

he diddnt say how big the hot air balloon had to be..

All aspects of hot air balloon are up for interpretation.

The funnier, the better.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

rednocare posted:

I now challenge you to :siren: take a picture of your car reflected in the hubcap of a prime mover, in the daylight, in motion.:siren:

gently caress that was hard, so many truckers have dirty hubcaps, or non reflective ones (E: or none, the cheapskates). I assume prime mover is ausie speak for semi truck, if not accepted I'll rescind my challenge.

:ducksiren: Get a picture of your car far above you, you must be at least 5 ft below your car, looking up at it. :ducksiren:

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 27, 2017

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Oh boy, my first quote != edit.

My bad.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

McTinkerson posted:

gently caress, paging DrakeriderCa to the dogphone, your pooches are required.

Wait, what if I'm ugly enough - how loosely are we interpreting "dog"?

Do I fill the bed of my truck with Costco hot dogs?

Less question! More action!

Now chop chop comrade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ilkhan posted:

Not what I was looking for, but I'll allow it. Post yur challenge.

Since you didn't *really* get what you wanted, take some of my few-month-old photos:

Not an entry as the challenge has changed and old-photos don't qualify. I just wanted to post my vacation pics.

• Locked thread