Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Someone blow up a condom with a hair dryer blowing out trump's mouth. Hot air balloon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

InediblePenguin posted:

I still don't have my own car yet but I took my mom's minivan to the local ice cream parlor for you yesterday. It was unusually cold so I ended up being the only one in the parking lot, but it was still hard to get a good photo because of the layout of the place. Hope this works?

If it's cool, my challenge will be: :siren: your ride and a LARGE statue -- a piece of public art, not like, a garden gnome. Double points if the statue is pointing at your vehicle

How large is large? Like bigger than my car? Or someone can do something cool like take picture next to the angel of the north.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm not going to be able to do this. Man on Horse too far from the road, and not big enough.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is imgur the best way to post pictures? I took a few today and want to take a few others tomorrow ufni can

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hi goons, so I took a picture and it comes with a bad story, because this is AI and we love driving. I didn't drive for about 2.5 years because I didn't need a car, but I've changed work now and drive every day. The place I've moved to has some wonderful roads and I've rediscovered how much I love driving. My facourite "happy place" road is in Canada, but seeing as I live elsewhere there are two bits of road here that I love. The first, unfortunately, is one where the weather hasn't cooperated so I don't have a picture of it, but I'll see if I can get one when the weather is better. The second is a place I went to for lunch with a colleague.

The first picture here is the from the bottom of the hill, you turn the corner at the top there.

and if the tide is out, you're presented with this:

I was riding shotgun with a coworker at the time, and I had one of the sharp-intake-of-breath moments because I was blown away. Waves cresting onto a giant sandy beach, the sun shining. It's a beautiful corner, and I'm happy there's a strangers driveway there where I could pull over and take the picture. The other bit I love is arguably more beautiful, and I have an even more boring story for that one, but sadly the weather didn't cooperate.

If anyone is still interested in playing the game, this should be a fairly easy one. I guess in the same vein of the date-your-car theme. Tell me why you love your car. Is your car beautiful? Do you hate seeing your significant other drive it away, but you love to watch it go? Is it rusty around the edges, but has a certain charm to it? We're car people. Tell me why your wife/husband gets jealous when you look at your car. Write me a sonnet about how the sound of the muffler scraping the road as you drive is like a bird singing on a spring morning. Why are you insane about your automobile, goon?

edit: I'm happy to go toe-to-toe with ilkhan, provided I get to present my other road :colbert:
I'd like to hear why goons love their cars, though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Meant to be easy, take a simple picture, write some junk them come up with a different challenge. I'm about as creative as a bag of cement mix, it's all I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Labour of love.

Holy poo poo it's a wagon, too. I enjoyed this post. Thank you.

• Locked thread