Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Gwaihir posted:

I, Florida goon, will take this challenge! (As soon as the weekend rolls around, that is...)

I'll try to get one at 4,700' on Sunday (which I'll post regardless of if you beat me to it or not).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:siren::pcgaming:NEXT CHALLENGE: IT'S POETRY TIME:pcgaming::siren:

Take a photo of your vehicle. Then, write a sonnet based on the photo.

Car all muddy? You could pen "Lament for the Dollar Store Brand Microfiber Cleaning Cloth I Bought for One Dollar."

Trunk full of junk? "Prelude to Digging for a Spare Tire"

Go nuts, just make sure it's a sonnet.

It's not a perfect Spenserian sonnet (some of the feet are trochees, not iambs, and there's at least one feminine ending), but it's a sonnet:

Oh broken Baja, such hopes for you I had.
Thine engine rattles, clanks, gasps, and dies.
Now parked long months, for you my heart is sad.
A spider's web? Oh, hear my mournful cry!

'Tis true, your cabin's state has led to sighs
and urgings of a more cleanly future,
but never did thy maintenance elide.
See, now, my charge: 'twas not a sinecure.

A moment will thee rest and wait for cure:
a fresh, hale, hearty heart--unbowed, unbent,|
and straining to unleash. Oh you will soar!
Beneath thine tires there shall unfold pavement!

For now, my steed, take rest and wait a while.
Soon, friend, I shall restore thee to thy style.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Most excellent!

In that case, it's challenge time:

Drinking and driving is bad. Driving to get a drink, however? Perfectly acceptable. And required for this challenge.

Go to your favorite local brewery, winery, meadery, cidery, or distillery and take a picture of your car with the corresponding beverage. Grab a growler of the local micro-brew, go Viking with a bottle of mead, sink a day's wages into a really nice Scotch (if you're lucky enough to be near one of the major Scotch distilling areas, I hate you but please post a pic!), whatever trips your hammer and gets you toasty. Macro-breweries are fine but only the actually brewery, not a canning line or distributor.

Though not required for the challenge, if they offer a tour, take it and take pics!

Please post responsibly.

• Locked thread