Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Bajaha posted:

Ok, doesn't exactly mill flour but they are colloquially referred to as windmills. And it was a drive.

:siren:Post your vehicle beside a natural formation of some sort that is taller than your vehicle:siren:

I.e. Big rock wall, high snow, NO TREES.

I wished I lived near some buttes 🍑

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Modus Man posted:

Just picked up from body shop after my wife put it into a ditch, lots of new bits up front and fully detailed. Drove 1 mile down a dirt road to my in-laws driveway.

:siren:Show us a picture of your car parallel parked tight between 2 immobile objects (i.e. Not cars):siren:

Niiiiiiice. Good call.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
[quote="Somewhat Heroic" post="471594894"]

Speaking as someone who lives by *the* Banbury Cross, WTF is a "Banbury Cross" restaurant?!

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

It's a cavalcade of questions wherein the answer is donuts. It's not that difficult.

Someone post me a box of those donuts and initialdave and I will hold a UK:AI meet up to eat them at the ACTUAL banbury cross.

meltie fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 22, 2017

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Bajaha posted:

All aspects of hot air balloon are up for interpretation.

The funnier, the better.

This is a great challenge and I have an idea how to meet it - if I'm not beaten tonight :)

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
I was going to post a comedy answer, buuuuut...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meltie fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 24, 2017

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
This was the "comedy option", a pub I know.

It's such a still, windless summer evening here in the Cotswolds that it was quite likely that I'd find an actual balloon!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Sideways posting? Are you quite serious? That's what rural pub wifi will get you.

Anyway, the challenge?

Inspired by today's balloning weather; :siren:take a picture of your car next to something being actively and usefully wind-powered:siren:

The closer you can get to it the better, and - for or the time being - flags don't count :)

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Eat This Glob posted:

I should have read more carefully before driving 20 miles to get this picture. I got a picture of the wind power source, but not what it's powering so we'll call it a non-entry, I guess:

I didn't take one horizontal shot; instead I made sure I got the wind turbine in it. poo poo. Anyway, this wind turbine and solar array powers a couple of out buildings and a farmstead. It produces an excess of power that the landowner sells to an electric cooperative and the generation capacity has paid for the purchase and installation of the turbine and solar panels after just 18 months. Good deal if you've got the capital to sink into them!

Nono, that's great - you got it - just what I had in mind. I was expecting it to take more than an hour though ;)

Post your challenge.

meltie fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 25, 2017

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Eat This Glob posted:

Thanks meltie! It was an easy one for me since I have about 200 giant turbines about 5-10 miles away. I went a little smaller for the challenge though!

Yeah, you're all good. I just wanted to preclude flags and fake windmills on waffle house roofs :)

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
Those of you in the UK: http://wetroads.co.uk :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Y'all gonna give us the 101 on how to ghostride! Get out the way, let Casper drive!:siren:

Video evidence (i.e. a gif) preferred, bonus points to motorcyclists!

YESSSS! Fantastic :D where was this?

• Locked thread