Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop posted:

Hooray! the Something Awful South African flag

Please post a picture of :siren:your vehicle occupying 5 or more parking spots:siren:, like the rear end in a top hat we all know you are!

Why on earth were they flying a South African flag in Leura of all places?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Well poo poo, beaten. AAnd I had even done enough to prove my car was on this morning's satellite imagery. drat YOOOOOOOOOU!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Hi, I'm CAT INTERCEPTOR!

I have a really fast rally car that i like to drive really fast

Well..... gently caress

I had to call up a few friends to help me get my car back.Unfortunatly the police and hte media turned up

So after some hard work and a lot of swearing, we got the car onto the tow truck. Isnt it a fine big one?

Driving back to the workshop to fix the damage :(

If this is accepted the challenge will be PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH SOMEONE WEARING JORTS AND HIGH HEELS. But I'll wait for what Mr Moderator says :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Matt Criibabi posted:

Two questions: How much of the car should be reflected, and is majestic a rule or more of a suggestion?

Because this is the best I could do with daylight running out. If it breaks the rules, I'd be happy to accept my first ever SA probate.

If this is acceptable, I'd like to see

:siren: a picture of your car next to a sports arena. (Baseball would be the most preferable. Circket would be hella rad if you live in a country that's into cricket.) If you live in an area severely lacking in sports arenas, a bending of the rules may be appropriate. :siren:

It's a body of water :)

I tried to do it via making the body of water out of piss. It didn't work tho, not enough piss after cycling :(

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

^^^ gently caress Beaten well I'm posting anyway

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

~Coxy posted:

How can you tell from the photo that the balloon is filled with helium?

Given how easy it is to crack water at home I expect the winner to cheat and use a hydrogen balloon.

This is quite easy. One explodes, the other makes you talk like Donald Duck. Just dont do either as they arent exactly safe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Time for someone to get inventive and take the piss out of the challenge.

Edit : The idea I had didnt quite come off - I broke the diff on the RC car trying to see if I could smoke the rears. Apparently The Hornet's driveline just doesnt cope with a modern motor and LiOn battery pack

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 27, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

~Coxy posted:

drat; there's no such thing as an Australian restaurant.

Yes there is. It's called Bunnings - now get out there and take the picture

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

HandlingByJebus posted:

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Show us your vehicle being used as it was meant! Minivan filled with kids, Ducati at Starbucks, Jeep on a 4x4 trail, sports car at the track. :siren::pcgaming:

What could possibly be more used for intended purpose other than a Subaru Liberty wagon hauling poo poo, other than a Forester hauling lesbians? Sorry, aint got no lesbians so the Liberty hauling poo poo has to do

It's own engine with a blown headgasket. How Subaru is that?

CHALLENGE : Matt Criibabi response was so loving good that I had to think of a logical progression. Find a romantic spot and propose marriage to your car in the most romantic way possible over dinner / lunch / picnic / grease and oil change / whatever sick and twisted manner you can come up with

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 28, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

HandlingByJebus posted:

I'll accept this so long as the car actually moves under its own power right now - a wagon hauling big poo poo is certainly doing what it was designed for. Knowing CAT INTERCEPTOR, it almost certainly does, but it would be good to get confirmation.

e: from his project(s) thread, it is apparent that this car has a new engine in it and is hauling its busted old one. Accepted!

It's moving under its own new power :)

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Welp, inspired by this gal here, I went ahead and popped the ol' question to my gal.

This is me lookin' real nervous before the big moment:

And here she is lookin' all shy. Tell ya what it was 1:00 exactly when I first laid eyes on her all those years ago and knew I had to have 'er.

I laid us out a nice pair of drinks and even went down to the dollar store to get some candles.

But what's this? Looks like we got a surprise box there. Wonder what's inside?

Well lookie here, looks like we got ourselves a jury box.

She didn't know what was in it so I had to show her. Boy you shoulda seen them hi-beams light up when she saw it.

And there she is. Cost me a pretty penny, too.

A perfect fit!

WE'RE GETTIN HITCHED!

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE PARDNERS: I WANNA SEE YER VEHICLE FULL OF STUFF. WANNA SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU CAN FIT IN YOUR HONDA DEL SOL? TAKE A PHOTO. YOU ONE O' THEM HOARDERS WHAT KEEP ALL KINDS OF CRAP IN YOUR CAR? WELL YER IN LUCK, AND HECK, EVEN IF YOU OWN A MURDERCYCLE OR A LAWN TRACTOR YOU CAN WIN TOO. STACK SOME STUFF ON IT. WE WANNA SEE SOME CREATIVITY, PARDNERS!:siren::pcgaming:

Perfect!

drat this thread has gotten creative and fun

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Steam engines and hot air balloons. Are we trying to kill the thread?

Well I guess thats where we get inventive :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

rednocare posted:

The Sydney basin. My home for the last 10 years. I genuinely like living here and this view makes me smile every time I drive past.

I now challenge you to :siren: take a picture of your car reflected in the hubcap of a prime mover, in the daylight, in motion.:siren:

Yarramundi burnout pad :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Oh this is dead easy and a great idea. I doubt I will have the time tonight to write it up tho.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ilmucche posted:

If anyone is still interested in playing the game, this should be a fairly easy one. I guess in the same vein of the date-your-car theme. Tell me why you love your car. Is your car beautiful? Do you hate seeing your significant other drive it away, but you love to watch it go? Is it rusty around the edges, but has a certain charm to it? We're car people. Tell me why your wife/husband gets jealous when you look at your car. Write me a sonnet about how the sound of the muffler scraping the road as you drive is like a bird singing on a spring morning. Why are you insane about your automobile, goon?

Under the cover lurks this...

(It's not like I can drive it and there's a whole load of pictures of it in the Oh God Why do I even.... thread. And I'm guessing its the story that counts this time)

It's a heap of poo poo. When I got it, it was without a doubt one of the worst cars you could think of and deserved to be parted out and anything useful transferred to far better and more deserving cars. I have been asked many times why the hell this one? Why have I scrapped better WRX's? Why have I bothered when I have 4 other WRX's that are by any stretch better? I mean, just look at this one that was the latest to join my fleet

Why would I bother with a car that had runined wiring, a motor badly installed, shithouse interior, a body that was battered and brusied wtih poo poo paint and rust? The only thing that could be worse if the shell was full of tinworm - it's not but for Australia it has noticable rust. I could find any number of clean shells that wouldnt need a second's worth of work. My SO hates it, the rally team dont understand why I am touching it, my parents are like WTF and not a single person thinks it is worth a second wasted on it.

They are right. It's comlete crap. And I love it to bits.

Meet what was first called the poo poo Be hosed, then The Wreck then as I spent more and more time on it, Yvonne aka WReckX. Here is a car that utterly had no right to have anything else other than been crushed that is instead getting a full ground up. I have thrown out the interior and the wiring, the motor has been swapped, carpets are going to be new, it's had the brackets and mounts of a MY99 welded in, I have a stockpile of parts I'm yet to reveal ready to go on, every step has beeen a PITA but here I am spending money on parts, I've scrapped another wagon so this one can live, I've spilt my blood, hit my head, had fingers jammed in doors, swon profusly trying to change the door harness, wished death on Subaru engineers while my back screams blue murder as I contort to reach that loving bolt on the subframe I cant reach any other way, burnt and choked on paint fumes - it owes me 200 hours already and it's only just coming back together on it's first assembly - I know once I have it together it'll come apart again as I get into the upgrade swing. I have plans and dreams for this piece of poo poo.

Why Yvonne? She died of lukema years ago. Call it a way to remember and honour a brave young lady and a feral chess player.

And why the hell am I bothering with WReckX? Because I'm a stubborn oval office. But mostly because I've come to realise this car is one of the best ways to describe my mental state... and form of therapy. I'm a loving mess due to *reasons* but there is simply no time I spent on this shitheap I dont feel better - gently caress the world, gently caress all my problems, put the music on and get to work. And in that process there is something only car people get - you form a bond, you get to know every nut and bolt, you know every curve and rough spot. You dont see the poo poo... you see the potential. You see whay you can turn this car into. You see that at some point you are going to fire this bitch up and and hear that motor snarl and bark. You are going to piss off your neighbours and SO but who the gently caress cares, it's alive once again and it was all your own work.

So yes it's poo poo photo of an absolute heap of poo poo but this car means somethign to me now and I'll be damned if I aint going to make WReckX sing once again. If you asked me to pick between hot chick and WReckX, I would not hesitate to answer - WReckX even in this advanced state of disassembly has given me more fulfilment and just outright pleasure than any night loving women. And I'll tell you flat out that it might take me another year before the engine turns but in that moment will be beyond description - because all that work and effort, the money and time will combie into one moment of pure "I. loving. DID. IT!"

And what happens after it starts and runs? Well of course I'll pull it apart and make it better. And then Ill do it all over again because a true project car that you love is never finished. You will always want to make it better. You will never be satisifed because even when the latest mod is done you always think of something to make it even greater.

So here is WReckX. It's ugly, it's a heap of poo poo, it should be scrap but I love it bits and it is one of two cars I will never sell for ANY money and lady I dont care how hot you are, you aint got poo poo on WReckX.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

NEXT CHALLENGE - YOUR CAR AND A "GRIDGIRL"

Lets just say I dont expect an actual silcone boobed high heel and latex wearing wank bait gridgirl. If that's what you come up with well fair enough... I'm more expecting to be horrifed or laugh my rear end off at the result. I'll also accept LEGO, plastic, wooden, robotic, roadkill or blowup etc gridgirls. Whatever you come up with, the more horrific and NMS or funny the better!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Astonishing Wang posted:

Please to explain wtf a gridgirl

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=gridgirl&num=100&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjLr_zykbzVAhVEn5QKHZMqCfEQ_AUICigB&biw=1260&bih=537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

the next person can easily do.

How was this not easy to do?

quote:

Lets just say I dont expect an actual silcone boobed high heel and latex wearing wank bait gridgirl. If that's what you come up with well fair enough... I'm more expecting to be horrifed or laugh my rear end off at the result. I'll also accept LEGO, plastic, wooden, robotic, roadkill or blowup etc gridgirls. Whatever you come up with, the more horrific and NMS or funny the better!

Hell, if your girlfriend is a blow up sheep that would have been acceptible. Suggesting horrific or funny should be enough to suggest no one actually go out and find a brolly bird but you know... make something up?

• Locked thread