Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

This challenge mad me realize just how much mental cruise control I use during parts runs. Must have been a dozen runs this week and only now did I remember to do it.

:frogsiren:POST A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR NEXT TO THE ARTISTIC BASIS OF ITS MARQUE'S LOGO.:frogsiren:
Like, a Daadge with a bighorn sheep, an Olds with a spacefaring vehicle, Mazda and whatever bird that's supposed to be, etc. I'll let somebody do a Mustang with some horses or whatever if nobody jumps right away.

May we use the model name as well as the brand logo to make this a bit easier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

NitroSpazzz posted:

It's commonly believed the blue and white of the BMW logo represents a spinning propeller due to the companies history building airplane engines. The colors actually represent the colors of the Bavarian flag.

If this doesn't count since I didn't drive anywhere I apologize but hey not often you get to use the big propeller sitting in the living room for something.

I so had this one in the bag (so I thought).

Can I at least have a point for creativity?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

NitroSpazzz posted:

Next Challenge:

:siren:Your car parked in front of your favorite restaurant of the cars origin country:siren:
Japanese - Japanese restaurant | German - German restaurant | American - steakhouse aka American etc
NO FAST FOOD - Preferably not a chain unless local chain

Our smart fortwo was built in France, and The Pump House in Victoria, Texas is a French restaurant.

We good? :ohdear:

:pcgaming: :siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Post a photo of your vehicle near some donuts (not doing donuts, I mean the food) or other pastries. I SAID DONUTS SO THERE HAD BETTER BE MORE THAN ONE IN THE PHOTO :siren: :pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Apr 21, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Take a picture of a toy car of your real car in front of your real car using a tilt shift filter in as much of a fake artistic shot as possible. Bonus points for real/fake lens flares:siren: :

Does this work?

if so, :pcgaming: :siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Provide us a photo of your vehicle parked next to several pairs of shoes. The shoes may be any style you like but there must be more than three pairs. :siren: :pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 22, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ilkhan posted:

2 images to show its moving. Does "OMG its a freight train grab a picture for the challenge!" out the window picture count? If so...

:siren: Find something interesting more than 20 miles away from both home and work/school (aka something you went out of your daily path to get to) :siren:

I went to Fannin, Texas to visit the site where Colonel James Fannin got his poo poo kicked in because he made a series of really bad decisions that led to a brutal massacre at the Battle of Coleto Creek. If you're reading this, Colonel, next time I advise camping in the woods and not in plain sight on even, dry terrain when you're being pursued by enemies. Just sayin'.

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Take us a photo of your vehicle next to a public library (or your local equivalent). There must be a book in the photo and it CANNOT be the user's manual for the car or a Chilton's/teardown/etc. guide. Show us your favorite novel or maybe a dictionary? The sky's the limit--it just needs to be a book.:siren::pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Eat This Glob posted:

Featuring a copy of Gaiman's American Gods that I actually purchased from a library sale.

I was honestly expecting either that or House of Leaves. You chose well.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Liquid Communism posted:

Easy peasy, one trip to the Ejaculate and Evacuate later. :) Found a bonus Volvo as well!

:siren: NEXT CHALLENGE : Show me your ride next to a real antique, a vehicle older than 1950! :siren:

Not sure if rebuilt "art" cars count but if they don't I also have this:

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: WE NEED A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR IN FRONT OF A MATTRESS STORE. IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE INDEPENDENT MATTRESS STORE IN THE PHOTO I WILL DONATE $10 TO CHARITY FOR EACH ADDITIONAL ONE.:pcgaming::siren:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

chrisgt posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your car reflected majestically in the windows of a building (WHOLE REFLECTED CAR MUST BE IN FRAME) :siren:

(unlike me, who apparently CAN'T get the whole drat car in the frame...)

Excellent work. That's a big store, so let's call it two adjacent ones. As promised, $10 has gone to the Houston Children's Charity, where it will be used to provide children with comfortable places to sleep (I'm not making that up).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Safety Dance posted:

Yes! I love Atlas Obscura type poo poo! Entertain me!

Well, let me tell you about Colonel Fannin and the Battle of Coleto Creek.

If you ask a southeast Texan, he or she will swear he was a hero and a brilliant man. If you ask anyone else, though, you'll get the real story: the guy was a goob. Notorious in the military for hesitation as well as strategical and tactical blunders, his last engagement ended in the deaths of all his men at the hands of Santa Anna's forces.

Santa Anna and his dudes were huge dicks, but we'll get to that shortly.

Fannin and his men were fleeing from Santa Anna's men after a failed engagement toward Victoria, when Fannin--for some strange reason--decided to have his tired, dehydrated men set up camp in a clearing. The clearing was (being a clearing) surrounded by woods, giving the enemy a ridiculous advantage, and Fannin's men were shortly not only surrounded by trees, but by angry guys with guns and cover to hide behind.

Fannin knew that there was a source of fresh water and perfect forest cover no more than two miles away. gently caress, I jogged three miles on the same terrain this morning and it took less than an hour. There was no excuse for this mistake.

It was a guddamn bloodbath. They were surrounded, crushed into a circle, and had nowhere to hide. Right there where I took the photo with the tiny red Aveo5 is where it happened.

Believe it or not, there were survivors. Fannin himself and a few men were tied up and forced to march to Goliad, where Santa Anna's men said they'd be prisoners of war.

When they arrived, they were executed on their knees one by one. Fannin was among the last to go, and asked for three things before they pulled the trigger: Don't shoot me in the face, give me a Christian burial, and send my pocketwatch home to my family.

Santa Anna's men obliged...by pocketing the watch, shooting him in the face, and dumping him into a mass grave.

It's not all tragic, though--someone came across the watch years later and made sure it made it to its rightful place. As they say, one out of three ain't bad, I guess.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

chrisgt posted:

:siren: Post a picture of your car reflected majestically in the windows of a building (WHOLE REFLECTED CAR MUST BE IN FRAME) :siren:

(unlike me, who apparently CAN'T get the whole drat car in the frame...)

Mrs. Fai had to dodge traffic to get this photo so please accept it even though a tiny bit of the front is missing in the reflection :ohdear:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The Locator posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's not possible for a Smart to have a "majestic" reflection. :v:

You're just not looking hard enough. Try looking closer:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: You and your vehicle are going on a date! We need a photo of your vehicle in a romantic setting. Use your imagination here, guys and gals. And seriously, if the first photo is of someone's car with a table with candles and glasses of wine and poo poo I will need a new pair of pants, but I will also donate to charity because holy mackerel. Get creative--don't let us down!:siren::pcgaming:

the reflection is the cover art for the Jim Carrey film The Majestic

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 26, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Matt Criibabi posted:

The beetle and I played hooky from work and took a mini road trip to get a drat fine cup of coffee and a slice of cherry pie at the diner featured in cult-classic Twin Peaks. You can read about the place here. The coffee is good, can report back on the pie.

I totally missed this in my haste to get photos and get back but I gotta say this is cool as hell (both your car and the fact that you went to the diner).

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: You and your vehicle are going on a date! We need a photo of your vehicle in a romantic setting. Use your imagination here, guys and gals. And seriously, if the first photo is of someone's car with a table with candles and glasses of wine and poo poo I will need a new pair of pants, but I will also donate to charity because holy mackerel. Get creative--don't let us down!:siren::pcgaming:

the reflection is the cover art for the Jim Carrey film The Majestic

Okay, I'm an impatient guy.

Let's sweeten the deal.

Ten bucks to charity for the first winning submission featuring an elaborate romantic dinner for your lovely vehicle.

Ten more bucks to charity if there is spaghetti on at least one plate in the photo.

A further ten bucks to charity if in addition to the spaghetti being on the table there is also a tiny toy/model airplane in the photo.

DON'T LET US DOWN!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

HandlingByJebus posted:

The paper airplane is the best I could do for a toy airplane. Up to you if you accept it.

I'll have you know that I made that sauce completely from scratch, specifically for this challenge.

:pcgaming::siren: NEXT CHALLENGE: Show us your vehicle being used as it was meant! Minivan filled with kids, Ducati at Starbucks, Jeep on a 4x4 trail, sports car at the track. :siren::pcgaming:

Oh cool you even included candles and spaghetti and

Matt Criibabi posted:

On a very romantic and drizzly evening, during the most romantic portion of the day...

:stare:

I don't even have words to articulate how ridiculously amazing this is. This is how it's done, guys and gals.

For your combined efforts and holy balls going above and beyond the call of duty, I have donated $60 to the Save the Children Federation.

edit: Handlingbyjebus technically gets the point (by like a minute) but come the hell on she nailed that

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 28, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Welp, inspired by this gal here, I went ahead and popped the ol' question to my gal.

This is me lookin' real nervous before the big moment:

And here she is lookin' all shy. Tell ya what it was 1:00 exactly when I first laid eyes on her all those years ago and knew I had to have 'er.

I laid us out a nice pair of drinks and even went down to the dollar store to get some candles.

But what's this? Looks like we got a surprise box there. Wonder what's inside?

Well lookie here, looks like we got ourselves a jury box.

She didn't know what was in it so I had to show her. Boy you shoulda seen them hi-beams light up when she saw it.

And there she is. Cost me a pretty penny, too.

A perfect fit!

WE'RE GETTIN HITCHED!

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE PARDNERS: I WANNA SEE YER VEHICLE FULL OF STUFF. WANNA SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU CAN FIT IN YOUR HONDA DEL SOL? TAKE A PHOTO. YOU ONE O' THEM HOARDERS WHAT KEEP ALL KINDS OF CRAP IN YOUR CAR? WELL YER IN LUCK, AND HECK, EVEN IF YOU OWN A MURDERCYCLE OR A LAWN TRACTOR YOU CAN WIN TOO. STACK SOME STUFF ON IT. WE WANNA SEE SOME CREATIVITY, PARDNERS!:siren::pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 28, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ephphatha posted:

I've been sick for drat near a month and haven't been able to ride my bicycle anywhere near as much as I wanted, so today I figured I'd experiment and see if I could fabricobble a bicycle rack for my motorcycle so I can get to the trailhead easier.

I present Xzibit A:

Seems like it'll work :v:

If that's acceptable:
:siren: It's time for your car-waifu (or husbando) to move in, show us your vehicle inside in a room other than the garage. :siren:

I applaud your creativity and accept your submission!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

opengl128 posted:

JUST got back from C&C and found my car barely in the background of one of my photos:

:siren: Post a picture of your vehicle with at least 2 different types of animal. Dog & cat, etc. :siren:

Here is a photo of a confused cat and dog in a tiny car. No animals were harmed in the production of this photo. Humans, on the other hand...

Sorry about the quality but have you ever tried to put a cat in a car?

:pcgaming::siren:FIND SOMEWHERE CREEPY SPOOOOOOOOOOOKY. Strange haunted house in the neighborhood? Neighbor own a conversion van and parks outside of children's' playgrounds? GET US A PHOTO OF YOU DARING TO BE BRAVE WITH YOUR VEHICLE:siren::pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 29, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Eat This Glob posted:

:spooky: :ghost: This is the spoooooookiest place I know, dubbed "The Haunted Grove." According to legend in the late 1800s, a man went mad and hacked up his family with an axe and their vengeful spirits are said to walk these woods. When I was a youngster, it was a hazing tradition for seniors to bring freshman out to the grove at midnight and make them walk through the 1/2 mile of woods. If they were sucessful, they got a ride back into town. If they didn't do it, they were forced to walk the 4 miles back to the city. It was my first time back at The Haunted Grove since I made that fateful walk through the woods as a freshman. :spooky: :ghost:

If that is spooky enough for you GSF,

:siren: TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR WITH A FOOD FROM ITS COUNTRY OF ORIGIN ON IT! PUT A BRATWURST ON YOUR BIMMER! PUT SOME SPOTTED DICK ON YOUR JAG! PUT A BURGER ON YOUR BRONCO! :siren:

So spooky! :ohdear:

This Cub Cadet XT1 is from Kentucky, USA.

I can think of nothing more American than a guddamn Lunchable snack (other than apple pie but ain't nobody got time for that).

To seal the deal, that Airhead "dessert" they included was created and manufactured in Kentucky.

:pcgaming::siren:NOW WE NEED YOUR VEHICLE PARKED NEXT TO SOME RARE FOLIAGE. HOW YOU DEFINE "RARE" IS UP TO YOU BUT IT'S GOTTA BE A NEATO TREE SOMEPLACE IT WOULDN'T NORMALLY BE OR MAYBE A COOL-LOOKING FLOWER BLOOMING. It's only Spring for half the planet so I'll be extra forgiving if you're in the southern hemisphere.:siren::pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

joat mon posted:

Honeysuckle isn't rare, so this doesn't count, but this bush at our gate smells heavenly.

One of my favorite plants, and I can't find any around here. That's also some stellar photography.

You're good. BRING FORTH THE NEXT CHALLENGE!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

joat mon posted:

:siren: Go to the internet movie car database and find a movie featuring your car. Then use your car to recreate a scene from that movie. :siren:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_699353-Chevrolet-Aveo-T200.html

:frogsiren::siren::pcgaming:SPLISH SPLASH YOU'RE TAKIN' A BATH. WE NEED A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR GETTIN' CLEANED. GET YOUR CLEAN ON!:frogsiren::siren::pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

If someone takes a photo of themselves on the hood of their wet car, redneck-style, with a Clampett-lip and cap, I'll donate $10 to a charity on Thursday the Fourth. Each challenge completed by the fourth, up to 5, with a variation of the hood-photo worked in, I'll also donate.

The things we do for love.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

joat mon posted:

:siren: take a picture of a Lego man/ G.I. Joe figurine / Barbie doll /what have you interacting with /having adventures on/in/inside your vehicle:siren:

"Tower, this is flight 203 requesting permission to take off."

"THIS IS TOWER. PERMISSION DENIED!"

Special thanks to my neighbor's son for loaning me his LEGOS for the morning.

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: FIND US THE CLEANEST OR DIRTIEST ENGINE YOU CAN AND TAKE A PHOTO WITH THE HOOD UP. IF THE ENGINE IS NOT IN YOUR VEHICLE, YOUR VEHICLE HAD BETTER BE IN THE PICTURE AS WELL:pcgaming::siren:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

InitialDave posted:

:siren: Post a pic of the inside of your engine, transmission, or axle. No cheating with easy access points like fill or drain holes! :siren:

Darn you for beating me to it! Mrs. Fai drives a smart car and works for a heavy equipment manufacturer :argh:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

keykey posted:

To be fair, I still wouldn't mind seeing that.

I asked her about it. Apparently, she's allowed to take photos on company property, but they must be for business purposes only. From a security/corporate espionage standpoint, I definitely see where they're coming from.

But don't fret! The state is doing tons of work expanding highways just a few miles up the road, so this weekend, I'll see if we can find one of those giant steamrollers or enormous excavators that isn't in use that we can park the smart in front of for a staredown.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
In the meantime...

ZincBoy posted:

This might be cheating but here is the inside of the BMW 3.46 diff that is getting a LSD:

I wasn't planning to crack this open quite this soon, so my shop will smell like 14 year old diff fluid for the rest of the summer.

If this is acceptable then:
NEXT CHALLENGE: A picture that shows smoke coming out of some part of your car. Tires, ECU, intake... If it is from the exhaust it should obscure the background. Also, not smoke from you, from some part of the car.

My Aveo5 smells funny and is a bit smoky. I'd better check it out. Looks like the culprit is a substance on this shiny silver thing? I might be leaking headlight fluid.

Huh? The hell is this? Could it be the source of the mystery fluid?

Well hot drat! Haven't had a good chickencheese in a long while. Best be careful cooking for me, lest my new bride get jealous!

Wind blew the (very small amount of) smoke away right as I snapped the first pic but I figure some leniency is in order as it's been more than a week since you posted this challenge.

:pcgaming::siren:NEXT CHALLENGE: Find the most pretentious dickweed's vehicle possible and park your vehicle next to it. Is there a Tesla out in the North 40 with a vanity plate reading "TESLA," parked across four spaces? Winner! A Mustang GT with obnoxious vanity plates that you can just tell gets washed and waxed every single day? Winner! Stupid-looking Del Sol with racing stripes, ground effects, and that weird paint that changes colors? Winner! PLEASE DO NOT HARM ANYONE'S VEHICLE DURING THIS CHALLENGE JUST PARK AND TAKE A PHOTO OK:siren::pcgaming:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Gwaihir posted:

What about fake pretension ala "shitbox auto v6 mustang but with hood pins and fart can exhaust"

If it's ironic pretension, like a Geo Metro with a huge wing on the back, no dice. We'll leave that for another challenge.

shitbox auto v6 mustang with hood pins and those "chrome" tips you can buy for your exhaust at Wal*Mart is A-OK because the owner thinks that poo poo rules

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

beep-beep car is go posted:

What about weekend warrior Harley?

If the operator thinks he or she is hot poo poo and that the bike is the best thing ever, you're good. Really, we're looking for someone who thinks his or her ride is the poo poo.

For instance, if I were trying to score this one, I'd run to Lowes--I live in south Texas, where there are approximately 4.6 billion obnoxious "rollin' coal" brotrucks with more money in custom chrome/paint/lift kits/etc. than the value of the stock model.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Long ago, I used to work at a vinyl sign shop, and the owners let us print stuff for ourselves once in a while if we had nothing else to do. I made a PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM TYPE R sticker and put it on my '91 Acclaim :c00l:

That loving sticker was still on it years after I sold it to a kind old lady down the street. She'd drive by every day, slow as molasses, on her way to bingo or to get adult diapers or whatever, and every time I'd see the drat thing I'd giggle.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ZincBoy posted:

I just want to say that this was awesome and would have been fine! Good work.

Thanks! It was delicious. Love me some pepper jack :toot:

now the aveo smells like burning coconut oil when it warms up

iospace posted:

Question, would a sticker bombed Echo count?

Because I have one right here:

At first I was like "eeeh looks like a little kid went nuts with a sticker book" but then I realized that the stickers stop at the edge of the bumper. An adult deliberately spent time on this, and probably thinks it's awesome.

Verdict: ACCEPTABLE

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Astonishing Wang posted:

Next challenge: post a photo of your car with a baby sleeping underneath it

Like, "I fell asleep while changing the oil" asleep or "sleeping forever because it's under one of the wheels" asleep

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Safety Dance posted:

In the spirit of this photo, drive at least 10 miles to the site of a tragedy.

Argh, I wish I'd saved my trip to the site of the Battle of Coleto Creek for this one. It wasn't just a tragedy, it was a guddamn massacre :smith:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
That's coincidental. I was just about to head up the road to Goliad, Texas to snap a photo of our Pontiac under a landmark called "The Lynchin' Tree." It's a tree right there in the town square where (surprise) they used to...well, you know.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Slung Blade posted:

Tearjerker truck story

This made my friggin' day.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Pretty drat ballsy to stop in the middle of the highway, do a donut, then just drive on like nothing happened. Well, ballsy or just plain dumb, I guess.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Eat This Glob posted:

Greetings from the town of Mallard, population 266. They're friendly ducks. This duck is roughly the size of my Mini.

:siren: LET'S KEEP IT RURAL. TAKE A PHOTO OF YOUR VEHICLE IN VIEW OF SOME LIVESTOCK OR A HORSE OR A DONKEY. :siren:

Seņor Burro keeps an eye on some sheep and goats (not pictured) while Yellow Pontiac pretends not to be there

:siren::frogsiren: THAT ONE WAS OVER PRETTY DARN QUICK SO LET'S SEE ANOTHER LIVESTOCK PHOTO IN CASE YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY OUT TO TAKE ONE. IT CANNOT BE A BURRO, AND THIS TIME THERE MUST BE MORE THAN ONE ANIMAL IN THE PHOTO.:frogsiren::siren:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

angryrobots posted:

I agree, it's cheating cause this is my house, so non submission, but have my work truck with two little cocks, one big cock, and some Nubians.

I was gonna drive the Cub Cadet out to our chicken coop but I came to the same conclusion you did. I really wanted a photo of this errant horse that lives in our neighborhood because the owner just lets him walk where he pleases so sometimes he ends up just standing in the middle of the street like a dumbass and it would've been a great photo. Alas, he was off in the woods, doing horse things. Hope he wasn't thinking of ants :ohdear:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Our pontiac's idle speed is absurdly high, the Aveo is a manual, and the Ranger doesn't have any brake lines, so the ghost ride would start but it would never stop. Our Cub Cadet lawn tractor has one of those sensors in the seat that kills the engine if the rider isn't on it, but a sandbag and a brick on the accelerator would get the job done but we just bought the thing. Like, so new that we just a week ago gave it its 5-hour oil change. The thought of the poor thing taking off and ending up out on the highway next to a jackknifed semi that almost hit it makes me too nervous.

Plus, how the hell would I explain to the sheriff that my tractor was in the middle of a highway because of the Internet?

edit: Oh, and the smart car is (apparently) Mrs. Fai's car, and she just stared at me blankly when I suggested using it

So, I'll be sitting this one out.

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jun 22, 2017

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Ah darn it, I was digging out a bunch of French-made videogames to sit next to the Smart. Was gonna add a creepy propaganda poster Mrs. Fai brought back from Shanghai, but I spent too much time gathering up stuff like Shaq-fu and Superman 64.

Speaking of French games: France, maybe stick to making cars and cheese and cutlery and stay away from gaming because you've got a lot to answer for :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Jo3sh posted:

Well, gently caress. Did I make this too challenging? Adiabatic, I hope I haven't hosed up your game. Please let me know if I should back off on the requirements for my challenge.

It's more than do-able. I'd say give it a bit more time. Mrs. Fai and I have been crazy busy recently and when I'm frazzled I tend to forget things. I could've easily had the mechanics take a photo while I was getting the Smart's alignment straightened out, but I just plain forgot until I pulled into the driveway at home.

I'd be cool with giving it a few days and then maybe relaxing the requirements or just proposing something else entirely. Are we still keeping score? I haven't seen a monthly rundown in a while. Maybe that's why people aren't jumping at these recent ones. It's a shame, because finding this thread is one of the best things that's happened to me this year. More than a few entries have been hilarious.

• Locked thread