Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_Bridge_disaster

The site of the Tay Bridge Disaster, an important point in the history of Dundee, and in rail travel and engineering in general. After the disaster, changed were made to the design of bridges within the UK, to better cope with the effects of high winds on bridges. The bridge collapse was the worst major disaster in Dundee's history, with significant loss of life, and while there are other significant historical landmarks in Dundee, such as the ships the Discovery and the Unicorn, and its many mills the site of the old Tay Rail bridge and its replacement are the most significant in its history - the ships while historic landmarks are the history of seafearing, not of dundee itself, and while the mills in general play an important part of Dundee history not one in particular has more significance than the Tay Rail Bridge. Also I couldn't get parked close enough to the Discovery :argh:

:siren: Post your car facing the factory where it was built, as if facing Mecca in prayer :siren: You should note the compass bearing for used as evidence.

Edit: improved my justification & a clarification.

stump fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

There will definite be extra imaginary internet points for parking on a rug.

Glad people found that interesting, it's quite a good in depth wiki article.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I think if the stuck car included a goon completely covered in mud trying to get it unstuck that might count for something.

CarStuckGoons.com

Edit: drat, beaten :v:

• Locked thread