Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

im still mad and, hell, i think ill be mad at football for a few hours more

I can respect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the bundesliga is real compettiive

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/deportesrpc/status/842123330593427456

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
the only good league is La Liga

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

Funny how only one city fan shows up to post where are all the die hard blues who watched them in the rain at Gillingham

Hegay posted:

by pure chance they were also fans of Monaco back when they played in some lovely French backyard and probably Algeria

Hegay posted:

Manchester City will forever be cursed until they throw the moors and oil money out and accept Jesus Christ as the one true Messiah.

African AIDS cum posted:

(In a gay catalan voice & from a bald retard head)
Stones and Kolarov playing the ball out ftw

hail satan

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
3 of the top 4 teams in Spain
2 of the top 3 teams in Germany
The top team in France

Leicester

loving

City

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

maybe pep should have inherited the best team in the league again and not man city?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Thirteenth Step posted:

maybe pep should have inherited the best team in the league again and not man city?

If he doesn't poo poo his pants and retire tonight he'll be at Juve next season guaranteed.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Thirteenth Step posted:

Well there's an opening at Leicester in the summer.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

If he doesn't poo poo his pants and retire tonight he'll be at Juve next season guaranteed.

no thanks

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Just goes to show that €220m was not enough money to replace every loving player in the City squad except de Bruyne lmao.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

Just when you'd think Juve couldn't possibly be even more merda than they already are.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I don't think the Agnelli family would want to waste so much money for that but it fits him perfectly. Easy walk to the title because the team is already leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league and a tactical system that works well and isn't boring for him to poo poo up and ruin.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I hope Pep proves all of you wrong and when he finishes off a treble next season, he tears off his suit and shows off this t-shirt while everyone claps:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't think the Agnelli family would want to waste so much money for that but it fits him perfectly. Easy walk to the title because the team is already leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the league and a tactical system that works well and isn't boring for him to poo poo up and ruin.

Are they really leaps and bounds above the rest, or are they getting a surprising amount of decisions and late game fluke goals going their way?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mackintosh posted:

Are they really leaps and bounds above the rest, or are they getting a surprising amount of decisions and late game fluke goals going their way?

Both lol

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
we never win at home, and we never win away, we lost last week, and we lost today :feelsgood:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Time we got a song for him imo, help me finish it guys.

♪Poop, Poop, wherever you may be,
You are poo poo without Messi,
You couldn't be worse if you were a rag
Put in toilet seats in the Emptihad♪

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Eau de MacGowan posted:

can't defend, show up for half an hour, booooooooooooo

one of the worst first halves ive seen in the CL this season, looked like arsenal out there

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

fat greasy puto posted:

one of the worst first halves ive seen in the CL this season, looked like arsenal out there

They even had 11 players lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

ephex posted:

They even had 11 players lol

why the gently caress did you have to pass pep forward jesus christ

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Eau de MacGowan posted:

why the gently caress did you have to pass pep forward jesus christ

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pep Guardiola says his failure to convince his Manchester City players to attack in Monaco is the reason for their Champions League elimination.

Leading 5-3 from the first leg of their last-16 tie, City fielded an attacking XI in the second leg on Wednesday but lost 3-1 to go out on away goals.

"I tried to convince them in all the meetings we had to come here, try to attack and score," said Guardiola.

"My mistake was being not able to convince them to do that."

The Spaniard added: "I did [convince them] in the second half but it was too late.

"All managers make mistakes but I don't think it was down to a tactical mistake.

"It's simple. The difference was between the first and the second half. In the second half we tried to win the game, we tried to play. I did it all my career in that way. But the problem was the first half. We weren't there."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39287162

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

JFairfax posted:

Pep Guardiola says his failure to convince his Manchester City players to attack in Monaco is the reason for their Champions League elimination.

Leading 5-3 from the first leg of their last-16 tie, City fielded an attacking XI in the second leg on Wednesday but lost 3-1 to go out on away goals.

"I tried to convince them in all the meetings we had to come here, try to attack and score," said Guardiola.

"My mistake was being not able to convince them to do that."

The Spaniard added: "I did [convince them] in the second half but it was too late.

"All managers make mistakes but I don't think it was down to a tactical mistake.

"It's simple. The difference was between the first and the second half. In the second half we tried to win the game, we tried to play. I did it all my career in that way. But the problem was the first half. We weren't there."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39287162

Hmmm, must be nice to live in a world where not asking your players to defend isn't considered a tactical mistake.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

he looks like he plays NFL now

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Bayern are inevitably gonna get Juve. Just like Arsenal, we have to play them every year.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

leicester monaco would be a cool match

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

i like this guy breathing heavily into his microphone while he unscrews the balls

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

atletico gets EZmode

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

dortmund monaco should be really good

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

hell yea bayern real

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
well, poo poo

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

atletico-leicester
dortmund-monaco
bayern-real
juventus-barcelona

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol well that certainly could be worse for leicester

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love all of these fixtures. Leicester probably gonna get thrashed by Athletico though

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

JFairfax posted:

lol well that certainly could be worse for leicester

I think it's probably the worst draw they could have gotten, in terms of Leicester's style having any chance of sneaking a win.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

peanut- posted:

I think it's probably the worst draw they could have gotten, in terms of Leicester's style having any chance of sneaking a win.
Yes Leicester were far more likely to sneak a win against Bayern

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
An interesting draw. I'm actually looking forward to it for a change.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Yes Leicester were far more likely to sneak a win against Bayern

You know Atletico are a really good team with a better recent record in the CL than Bayern right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

peanut- posted:

You know Atletico are a really good team with a better recent record in the CL than Bayern right?

Wouldn't put it past Leicester to pull off some insane poo poo.
Like winning CL whilst getting relegated. Too bad their PL form has taken an upswing

• Locked thread