Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dunban posted:

Vidal is gonna eat Özil alive, Wenger is gonna make a face and all the American Arsenal plastics are gonna melt down

(emptyquote this when we lose miserably)

Bayern is going to have to win by more than 4 for a meltdown, imo.

Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1): Neuer, Lahm, Javi Martinez, Hummels, Alaba, Alonso, Thiago, Vidal, Robben, Douglas Costa, Lewandowski.

Subs: Ulreich, Rafinha, Bernat, Muller, Coman, Kimmich, Renato Sanches.

Arsenal (4-2-3-1): Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs, Coquelin, Xhaka, Iwobi, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez.

Subs: Cech, Gabriel, Giroud, Walcott, Monreal, Welbeck, Elneny.

I say 3-1 Bayern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weaponized Cum posted:

*eats 5 goals in munich* but our net spend!!

You need to update your meme rolodex

lmao

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
WOW

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is going really badly.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

R. Guyovich posted:

why did anyone expect different

Never said that I did!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao why was that a penalty

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
thx u alexis

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Paperhouse posted:

nah I meant the handball

the one given idk, it's obviously unintentional but is a foul anywhere else on the pitch

I don't think it was even a foul.

The "handball" definitely wasn't a penalty

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
arsenal defending

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Its happening, arsenal are imploding into a black hole :twisted:

Every year like clockwork :smith:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
L M A O

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

ospina is loving shite

noted weekend web thread source /r/gunners has been begging for him to start over cech, too

I cant wait until the next match when Arsenal make a heroic effort that falls just short, like every year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

NTRabbit posted:

Ozil can't function without a solid anchor behind him, and so far Coquelin would need to lift about 2 or 3 gears to reach the level of complete and utter gash.

Piss Coquelin back off to Charlton where he belongs, and buy someone up to the task and maybe Ozil will come good again. Also a fit Cazorla.

Arsenal had trouble getting the ball to him without Cazorla and imo he just stopped giving a poo poo after a couple months of it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lol absolutely pathetic

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That was the worst I've seen Arsenal look in two years

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Arsenal are due to be turned over by Barca, I think.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is me

https://twitter.com/Reventon_17/status/831980182294650893

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lot 49 posted:

You'd think that Arsenal having the same season over and over and over again would get boring but it just doesn't.

It's cool. Arsenal will finish out the remainder of the season and do well at the beginning of next season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Wenger must go.

He must.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

I don't understand why Bayern supporters are proud of beating Arsenal like that. You beat a cripple in a foot race, congrats.

Germans have a history of exploiting the weak and less fortunate.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
If we live in a world where Leicester City can win the BPL title, the Cubs can win the World Series, the Pats can rally 25 points to win the Superbowl, a non league team can play in quarter-finals of the FA cup, the movie for best picture can be rewarded by mistake, and Donald Trump can be elected president....than surely Arsenal can beat Bayern 4-0...

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ospina; Bellerín, Mustafi, Koscielny (c), Monreal; Ramsey, Xhaka; Welbeck, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sánchez

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

peanut- posted:

looking forward to arsenal's gutsy 3 1/2 - 0 win.

I'll be interested to see if Arsenal can even swing this. This team seems so defeated, even more than in the past.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope Wenger cries in public.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lemon posted:

Could Wengy ever be fired? Serious question, what would he have to do in order to lose the board's backing?

Even if he lost every remaining match 5-1 they'd wait until the end of the season and arrange for a departure by "mutual consent"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Post all your best Arsenal fan meltdowns here. Both your own meltdown or a meltdown from somewhere else is acceptable.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Don't blame this on Wenger, we got hosed by the refs. Wenger got the team right, arguably would have been even better had Welbeck been in for Giroud. The team showed plenty of heart, compared to the display on Sunday, Sanchez was actually our worst performer. Disappointing result but I don't think there is much we could have done after we went down to 10 men.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

saihttam posted:

Even a cashier at McDonalds would have been fired if he sells two times in a row 5 big macs for the price of 1!

lmao what the gently caress

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
For 50 minutes tonight, we all remembered how to enjoy Football

I'll be back once the apathy subsides

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
apparently this is the worst ever loss by an English side in Europe

lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Okay, so we all knew we weren't winning this match. We all knew this was another season in the champions league over.
But We were playing well. We were 1-0 up.
I really believed we could have won. 2-0, maybe 3-1.
Then, like every other season i could have complained about how we let ourselves down in the first leg, the many other problems we have as a club.
HOWEVER
Due to one of the worst refereeing performances i think i have ever seen, i was robbed of what could have been. I was robbed of my legitimate anger. Replaced only with a completely empty feeling. The awarded penalty was bad enough, considering the penalty we weren't awarded at the other end. but the red card absolutely killed the game. Forced to all out attack whith a gaping hole in the shape of our captain against a quality side is a suicide mission.
gently caress you, Anastasios Sidiropoulos. I hope you never referee again.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Just wanna say that not matter what happens with Wenger, Ozil, or Alexis, I'll always unconditionally love this club, and I think all of you are awesome, even though sometimes we have some pretty contrasting point-of-views, I like that we can all still come together and voice our opinions. It's like a home. I still believe we can take home the FA Cup and finish top 4. Maybe even finish in top 2. Keep the spirit alive! So COME ON YOU loving GUNNERS!!! We have a hand full of matches left in the league, so let's support our club the best we can.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The wins feel that much sweeter when you've gone through poo poo with the club. A Yankee fan will never know the trials and tribulation and the utter joy that a Cubs fan would have experienced with the world series win last year. I hope we win the league one day. As long as I live to see it at some point. The FA cup in 2013-14 was such a great memory just because of all the poo poo we went through that year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
For me the best part of last night was around the 85th minute when the stadium was very empty but you could faintly hear "Aaaaaaand it AAAAAAARSEEEEENAAAAL...". The best clubs run on the support of the best fans and in times like these, I always think of this quote about human beings:

"People are like stained glassed windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."

The club is the stained glass window right now.

We need to be the light.

COYG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Kick Barca out of football.

• Locked thread