Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Honkbal?
Honk!
Honk.
Honk
This joke got old last WBC.
View Results

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Nice RBI golf swing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
A bases clearing bunt. :lol:

WBC owns.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Does anybody know if the Taiwanese aren't putting their best foot forward in terms of WBC players similar to the USA, or their league is just very slugger heavy, or something? It seemed like every pitcher they put out there was listed as having a 5+ ERA in the Taiwan baseball league.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Didn't Cuba just play a game against Japan? Feels like this isn't enough time to be fair, idk.

Inspector_666 posted:

There is apparently some kind of labor dispute that stopped Taiwan from sending their best players. I haven't seen details about it though.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Israel has the ultimate mascot Mensch on a Bench to give them strength though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's ridiculous that this team is playing in the asia bracket, imagine if they played in miami

Give it time on the pace they're at team Israel will be in LA for the final rounds before you know it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That was a good throw/relay but :lol: Bautista's got no wheels.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to watch WBC games on the mobile app? They aren't showing up in the list of feeds but I can watch them on my laptop just fine :confused:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Jesus that was a bomb :stare:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
This Australia vs Cuba game actually kind of owns.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
drat that ball was crushed.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ahahaha Andreoli with the game winning RBI.

e. Oh wow he apparently homered, too. drat he's having quite a spring/WBC so far.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 10, 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That was a hilariously bad route saved by a spectacular catch.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"He [Archer] isn't messing around setting guys up, he's thrown first pitch strikes to 8 of the last 10 guys."

I won't lie, I leaned over to make sure I hadn't left MLB The Show on by accident.

e. Holy poo poo that throw by Crawford :stare:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: Stanton got hit on the batting gloves in his back pocket, nice padding.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It would also be cool if they could not blow it.

e. Well done, drat that was a nasty pitch.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:911: :911: :911:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wow Venezuela got slaughter ruled.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
gently caress JOSE REYES

e. Thank you based DP Gods

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
USA swings at the first pitch and... good things happen?

Huh.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If only Stanton could actually stay healthy for a full season dude owns.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I guess team USA missed the memo that Robertson is actually bad.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:sweatdrop:

Craptacular! posted:

I know this post is going to be a little controversial, but...

I feel like if the Marlins allowed people to jump up and down, wave flags, blow horns, and slam giant pickles(?) at regular season games instead of enforcing the same old boring White People's Manners that the other 29 stadiums do, their games might have better attendance.

It's the busiest I've seen their stadium in five years, but it's also a very different type of audience participation than just cheering a dinger and doing the wave.

How is this even remotely controversial? Old white people dictating the culture of the sport is one of the worst things in baseball.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
^^
We called it the slaughter rule in my day.

misdirectomy posted:

Shelling Canada in baseball is good for our national psyche I think

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Luigi Thirty posted:

hey shouldn't he be kicked out for reaching over the wall since that ball was going to bounce off it

Considering MLB apparently can't scrape together enough security to keep the players families safe, I doubt they have enough to eject annoying ball hawks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I like how the pitcher started walking back towards the dugout, and even he couldn't believe it when that got called strike three :allears:

Pancakes posted:

Reading comments on the stories (I know, I know), I thought Yadi was supposedly just a crybaby who should have hired a private army to protect his family from his overinflated salary.

On the one I read they also interviewed Baez and he seemed more annoyed that his manager told him to go back to the dugout instead of letting him jump into the brawl Malice at the Palace style to protect his family.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
DINGERS

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: this zone

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Pancakes posted:

Someone who isn't a complete Yadi fanboy: How much of this is lovely umping and how much of it is Yadi stealing strikes?

As somebody who has to watch Yadi steal strikes against the Cubs 19 times a year, this is a really terrible strike zone.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Throw owned. Baez's casual behind the back tag as he was pointing at Molina to get the out also owned.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not as pretty, but just as effective.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yay for Puerto Rico! Now let's see how that Netherlands vs Cuba game is go-

:stare:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I just got home, how badly is the USA loving this up, and how good has Javy Baez been? These things are important because I can excuse one in favor of the other.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I can live with that.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Pitching ace Seth Lugo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What the gently caress even just happened?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
That grab :eyepop:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I believe this is where, in a regular season GDT, a Giants poster would post "BUSTED".

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

JosefStalinator posted:

Yes.

EDIT: Woulda liked to yell CRAWDADDY too but no such luck.

Beaten by seconds :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Grounded perfectly into the shift, but Hosmer decided to range away from the bag to try to grab a ball that would have rolled directly into the shift because ???

• Locked thread