Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

Silly Burrito posted:

Dat strike zone. :wow:

Even though the game was already over, that last strike out pissed me off the most. LSU’s a great team, and they got great umpires.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/878731203016372225

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

go gators

:unsmith:

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Hard to focus on work today with LSU in the Championship series. Very excited!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
go a gata gently caress a tiga

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

one more W!!

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

glad the gators held out after that rally by lsu, that game was a must have with the two pitchers we're gonna have to face in games 2 and 3. hoping faedo is enough to match at least one of them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Go loving Gata

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Man, LSU needs to get something, anything going on offense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol at the runner interference

Thanks Slaughter!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Ehud posted:

lol at the runner interference

Thanks Slaughter!

If that's what decides this game....

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

If that's what decides this game....

It was such a pointless play to make. Kid just had a brain fart.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Well, the way the top of the 8th has started, I don't know that the events of the 7th are going to decide this one. No outs and runners on the corners.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Just so you guys know that guy was out at first 100 percent.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh god. We are going all in to win this tonight. Sully is burning tomorrow's starter to finish this game out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Come on LSU...just bloop it in the outfield....

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

how in gods name did we escape that inning with the lead

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Dammit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Ehud posted:

In retrospect, it would've been better for Robertson to stay on third and then run home on that last out.

Only hope they hold them here and have a prayer in the 9th.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

No idea but that 3-2 play at the plate gave me a loving raging boner

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh my god!! 5-1!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This has been an entertaining baseball game!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Yep, thinking that's gonna do it there. :smith:

Smart call by Florida to put your Game 3 ace in there.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Nice meltdown

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

All those people leaving have already forgotten about gorilla baseball i guess

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

Yep, thinking that's gonna do it there. :smith:

Smart call by Florida to put your Game 3 ace in there.

unless it didn't work in which case I would second guess sully so hard

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

All those people leaving have already forgotten about gorilla baseball i guess

There are no gorillas tonight, only meerkats.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just to make sure if it wasn't clear already, college world series umpires are seriously atrocious at every aspect

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hail satan

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Congrats Gator fans.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

There are no gorillas tonight, only meerkats.

Y'all have had enough. We deserve this one.

Go a Gata

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

Congrats Gator fans.

Thanks bud :hfive:

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Congratulations Gators, well deserved wins.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good final series. Gotta be gratifying for Gator fans that even though it took 11 CWS tries to finally get a title, Florida State is on 22 and still counting.

edit: actually now the top three teams on appearances without a title are all ACC: FSU, Clemson (12), UNC (10). That it took so long for the ACC to win a CWS has to be one of the weirder anomalies in college sports.

Meanwhile Northern Colorado has 10 also but I don't see them getting back any time soon. Most were in the '50s when they were Colorado State College (not CSU) and the last was in 1974.

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 28, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

elentar posted:

Good final series. Gotta be gratifying for Gator fans that even though it took 11 CWS tries to finally get a title, Florida State is on 22 and still counting.

edit: actually now the top three teams on appearances without a title are all ACC: FSU, Clemson (12), UNC (10). That it took so long for the ACC to win a CWS has to be one of the weirder anomalies in college sports.

Meanwhile Northern Colorado has 10 also but I don't see them getting back any time soon. Most were in the '50s when they were Colorado State College (not CSU) and the last was in 1974.

That fact never escapes me for a minute. Nor does the fact that Coastal Carolina beat us to the title.

Your edit prompted me to look up titles and holy gently caress has it really been 16yrs since Miami won their last title :vince:

Or 12 years since we dropped that heartbreaking series to Texas in 05?!?!

Or 19 years since we dropped 0-2 BBQ with Brad Wilkerson in 98 as the 1 seed?!?! gently caress i'm getting old.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TBeats posted:

go a gata gently caress a tiga

Good season, LSU. I say gently caress a Tiga but I mean it from a place of love.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

TBeats posted:

Good season, LSU. I say gently caress a Tiga but I mean it from a place of love.

As long as we can return the favor when football season rolls around. :)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Silly Burrito posted:

As long as we can return the favor when football season rolls around. :)

I don't have a dislike for LSU. I think you had a bad coach who couldn't run offense to save the program's life (or his job) and should have always been a little better than you were. I also thought they were a little stupid about the cancelled/postponed game last fall but I will let it go given the end result. I always hope for every team UF plays to be undefeated when we play then so that us winning looks better.

Except for FSU. I would be okay with them losing every game from now until eternity.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don't hate LSU.

I joked yesterday that a win would remove the ghost of Jacob Hester from my back. And it has!

LSU has been one of the standard-bearers of college baseball for a long time. It means a little more (to me, at least) to beat a team like LSU for our first.

And while I'm sad for all my tigger friends, I'm sure you guys can cry yourselves to sleep at night on a pile of baseball trophies.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Haha, I had no idea that Hester still haunted some Gator fans from just that one game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kibner posted:

Haha, I had no idea that Hester still haunted some Gator fans from just that one game.

To be fair, Tim Tebow the human is a wonderful person and a great man.

Tim Tebow the Florida Gator can kiss my hairy rear end.

• Locked thread