Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just be aware that they Never. Stop. loving. Chanting. From start to finish. I guarandamntee you they chanted for all 17 loving innings and could chant for another 17 more.

Yup. This starts in their younger summer leagues and just continues from there. I used to follow my cousin around for her travel ball (we would plan summer vacations around one of the out-of-state tourneys each year) so I got to hear a whole bunch of them.

Since I was a little kid and didn't enjoy watching the sport that much, I collected and traded team pins during/between games. It was something basically all the travel teams did. You would buy a whole bunch of your team's pins and then trade them for pins of the other teams that you meet in the tournaments. Different pins would have different value depending on size, whether they had blinky lights, or dangly bits attached by a chain.

I used to have a big binder with felt pages that I kept my collection in. Don't know where it's at now, though. Was fun to do.

Oh yeah, those girls play serious, too. My cousin played shortstop and had her collar bone snapped when she tried to field a grounder and the base runner just plowed right into her.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Quandary posted:

Two down one to go so close...

"C'mon Sooners, let's go!"

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Haha, I had no idea that Hester still haunted some Gator fans from just that one game.

• Locked thread