Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Go loving Gata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

how in gods name did we escape that inning with the lead

No idea but that 3-2 play at the plate gave me a loving raging boner

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

All those people leaving have already forgotten about gorilla baseball i guess

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

There are no gorillas tonight, only meerkats.

Y'all have had enough. We deserve this one.

Go a Gata

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

elentar posted:

Good final series. Gotta be gratifying for Gator fans that even though it took 11 CWS tries to finally get a title, Florida State is on 22 and still counting.

edit: actually now the top three teams on appearances without a title are all ACC: FSU, Clemson (12), UNC (10). That it took so long for the ACC to win a CWS has to be one of the weirder anomalies in college sports.

Meanwhile Northern Colorado has 10 also but I don't see them getting back any time soon. Most were in the '50s when they were Colorado State College (not CSU) and the last was in 1974.

That fact never escapes me for a minute. Nor does the fact that Coastal Carolina beat us to the title.

Your edit prompted me to look up titles and holy gently caress has it really been 16yrs since Miami won their last title :vince:

Or 12 years since we dropped that heartbreaking series to Texas in 05?!?!

Or 19 years since we dropped 0-2 BBQ with Brad Wilkerson in 98 as the 1 seed?!?! gently caress i'm getting old.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don't hate LSU.

I joked yesterday that a win would remove the ghost of Jacob Hester from my back. And it has!

LSU has been one of the standard-bearers of college baseball for a long time. It means a little more (to me, at least) to beat a team like LSU for our first.

And while I'm sad for all my tigger friends, I'm sure you guys can cry yourselves to sleep at night on a pile of baseball trophies.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kibner posted:

Haha, I had no idea that Hester still haunted some Gator fans from just that one game.

No human can convert that many 4th downs. He is clearly some sort of Bayou Demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

Mark Kingston is anti-bunt so I love him already.

In all seriousness, this hire is a bit underwhelming on the surface, but he's supposedly one of the best up-and-comers out there. More to the point, we should be able to trust Ray Tanner's opinion on baseball, of all things. I'm mostly just glad he's a head coach, because we already went the "elite assistant" route and saw where that got us.

According to all my Gamecock friends, O'Sullivan was a 'done deal,' so I'd bet there's a lot of broken hearts in Cola.

• Locked thread