Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
In a purposeful attempt to anger Vtec fans everywhere I have built this car.

2000 Honda S2000
GMPP LS3 Block with 4.18 bore spacing ERL sleeves and rotating assembly making a 454 cubic inch LS
Ford 8.8 IRS
T56 Dogbox and mccloud slipper clutch
Twin S369SXE forged wheel borg warner turbos
417 Motorsports water to air intake sandwiched between a Holley midrise manifold
Holley Dominator EFI standalone ECU
Strange Front suspension, and ARC f/r coils for the twisties
18x9.5/18x11 325 setup, and a 18x4.5/15x11 ET Street drag combo
Twin walbro 450 fuel pumps for lots of E85 flow
Wilwood front calipers and EGS modified rears
and lots more...

A little back ground. A few years ago this was my weekend track day car. It went through many transitions starting with a S366 billet wheel turbo with the stock long block. Made good power and was pretty quick. Unfortunately I wasnt happy.

I decided I wanted a 8 second street car that with a suspension change could also lap NJMP fairly quickly. So keeping IRS was a must.

Day of execution

Open heart surgery on the bay
Lots of cutting and gusseting what I cut off. Gone is the cross beam and the firewall gussets.

Who needs frame rails in front of the shock towers?!
I ran off at NJMP a few years back and bent my rad support about 4 degrees. Decided I would have lots more room if I nipped it off.

TSP 416ci LS3 stroker arrived!
Lower hasport S2000 motor mounts almost work too perfectly. You can see that there is not a huge amount of space in between the high frame rails. NA exhaust was gonna be a pain. Cool NA motor that would only end up staying at stock bore spacing for a few months before I sent it out to be sleeved.

Trans fits almost too good! Dogring dog box converted t56 with a slipper clutch to drop power on clutchless shifts.
The tunnel is intact, and the shifter hole lines up perfect. Rare for sure. Originally went with a Liberty faceplated gear set but downshifts were a huge pain.

Rack has to be offset a few inches forward

Also had to sit at the parts store to find out that Civic Si outer and Accord inner tie rods have the perfect bend to get back any turning radius with the rack offset

Fast cars need to stop faster I guess so I got these
Expensive fuckers. Also means my drag skinnies will need to be repurchased since these things need high pad 17s minimum.

Holley Dominator EFI aka a good way to spend 2 miatas worth of money for some wires and boxes
Don't get me wrong I love this thing, but I am well over $3000 for this standalone, sensors, and wiring... HPTuners on stock GM vehicles is great, but the learning curve for tuning is a bit much with how they handle oxygen and fuel tables. I feel more comfortable getting the car going with a purpose built standalone with some self learning curve features which is why this thing is neat. Also came with a digital dashboard to mount next to my stock cluster which I got working aswell.

Cars finished kinda sorta! Well for this month.
I wanted to goto something in October so I quickly finished it as a NA car in late august. Ignore the left header, this is the only photo I have of it without a turbo.

Big Single why not?
A month later I finished a truck manifold turbo kit to spend november going wild before sending the block out. Billet S480SXE 80mm turbo

A now to the current stuff that isnt in the opening photo.

Today a new set of up and forward headers showed up. Close fit

These things are tight on the brake side for sure!

Left side is wide open, maybe this is where I will put the water tank for the water to air intercooler.

One of the two turbos is mounted!Today was productive

tehk fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
:suspense:

I love everything about this.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If we can get someone to put a BMW S14 into a C6 to anger Corvette purists, we'll then have come full circle.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is great. I love this.

How tall is the intake bump above the hoodline?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

InitialDave posted:

If we can get someone to put a BMW S14 into a C6 to anger Corvette purists, we'll then have come full circle.

Close! I wish it was a S14 and I also wish this wasnt just a shop dropping it on top of a motor with a lift and an actual swap

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is great. I love this.

How tall is the intake bump above the hoodline?

Who knows! we will find out soon enough

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I say just grab a stock hood and take a sawzall to it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tehk posted:

Close! I wish it was a S14 and I also wish this wasnt just a shop dropping it on top of a motor with a lift and an actual swap

We currently have someone putting an S2000 engine into an M3 to annoy purists, now an LS in an S2000 to annoy purists, so logically, somewhere in the world we have an engineless Corvette, an S14, and a group of as-yet-unannoyed purists.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I say just grab a stock hood and take a sawzall to it.
My buddies car has an intake that is about 5/8" shorter and his cutout is pretty big.

I plan on running a cowl eventually or finding a fiberglass guy to make a one piece front end

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Amazing thread. V8s for everything make America great again. Half way through your first post I uncontrollably started make the Tim Allen horse power noise. Awesome car keep up the good poo poo goon sir

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

clam ache posted:

Awesome car keep up the good poo poo goon sir

There's really nothing else to say.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
AI: gently caress purists make power.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

clam ache posted:

Amazing thread. V8s for everything make America great again. Half way through your first post I uncontrollably started make the Tim Allen horse power noise. Awesome car keep up the good poo poo goon sir

same but the salute

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

InitialDave posted:

We currently have someone putting an S2000 engine into an M3 to annoy purists, now an LS in an S2000 to annoy purists, so logically, somewhere in the world we have an engineless Corvette, an S14, and a group of as-yet-unannoyed purists.

There was recently a 8.43 s @ 163 mph S14 engine for sale locally for 8500 €. I guess that would fit in a Corvette...

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Hey InitialDave, my Great-Aunt and Uncle own two vettes that haven't run in at least 25 years...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I would drop a water cooled engine in a bug.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Raluek posted:

same but the salute

Simply incredible, can't wait for more.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You win.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
Thread title is misleading. I fully expected a single slammer D16 swapped in to a S2000.

j/k thread rules

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah "single cam honda" is how I talk about my car when trying to set up races. Unfortunately someone always knows my car and kills it for me.

Elephanthead posted:

I would drop a water cooled engine in a bug.

ej25 into a bug. Almost as cool as all the 914 subaru swaps

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

This is awesome, can't wait to see more.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

You gonna die.

But it's going to be a loving awesome death.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Dear sweet Jesus... This is gonna be awesome. Between you and nitro spaz...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

sharkytm posted:

Dear sweet Jesus... This is gonna be awesome. Between you and nitro spaz...

Don't forget doogle and his full retard turbo EG Civic

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
It is not an LS1.

It will have too much power.

I see no negatives.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So uh... weight difference between the stock engine and the LS3? :v:

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

InitialDave posted:

You're not thinking outside the box there. Chipped alloy-block M57 from a 535d.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

80lbs aluminum to aluminum. That assumes you keep the cars stock engine bay dressings. A well done v8 swap should be only heavier in the trans area. My bay is gutted, car is gutted except for enough dash to meet x275 rules, no climate, tube front, and battery is a tiny thing in the back.

This car weighted 2430 without the turbo at the end of the year with a spare battery in the trunk.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Love it! That thing has got to make you laugh like an idiot every time you step on the gas.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

NitroSpazzz posted:

Love it! That thing has got to make you laugh like an idiot every time you step on the gas.

I think I'd be too busy trying to not poo poo myself, personally.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That's why you poop before you drive

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That's why you poop before you drive

Weight savings, duh.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:allbuttons: I know there are a lot of phrases that can be said and there is nothing original that I can add. You have a tremendous set of balls that probably have their own gravitational pull. This is Automotive InsanityTM :flashfap:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Holy hell that thing is going to be a deathmachine. I love it.

InitialDave posted:

I'd love to buy a challenger hellcat, a TA 2.0 Viper, swap the Viper motor into my rusty $500 Comanche, the hellcat motor into the Viper, and the wheezy RENIX 4.0L from the Comanche into the hellcat.

Make every mopar owner mad except for the Comanche guys.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Other side has been tacked on. Time to find a place for the twin HKS 60mm gt2 gates

tehk fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 15, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

You should know by now that new smallblocks are made of magic and something they continue to tell us is aluminium but sure as gently caress doesnt seem like it.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You should know by now that new smallblocks are made of magic and something they continue to tell us is aluminium but sure as gently caress doesnt seem like it.

To be fair the new four cylinders, six cyclinders like the GTR's vr38dett, and overhead cam v8s are loving huge. The lsx is basically 2/3 the size of the VR or a coyote.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tehk posted:

To be fair the new four cylinders, six cyclinders like the GTR's vr38dett, and overhead cam v8s are loving huge. The lsx is basically 2/3 the size of the VR or a coyote.

It's ridiculous. Long live the pushrod.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
gently caress purists, that's awesome. I want a second s2000 to mod and then drop an ls7 in after I gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

kastein posted:

Holy hell that thing is going to be a deathmachine. I love it.

I'd love to buy a challenger hellcat, a TA 2.0 Viper, swap the Viper motor into my rusty $500 Comanche, the hellcat motor into the Viper, and the wheezy RENIX 4.0L from the Comanche into the hellcat.

Make every mopar owner mad except for the Comanche guys.

No no no, you need to get that Gladiator in Valentine, NE and put the viper motor in that.

• Locked thread