Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

tehk posted:

Oh the ones on the smartwire I know those are 32006-A22 bussman connectors, its the honda connectors for things like window switches, headlights, signals, taillights, wiper, wiper/light control, and the few other interior things I know I will have trouble finding pins and connectors for
You may be able to find what they are by digging around s2ki, I was able to figure out what my smashed ecu connector was (TE/AMP 179679-6).

tehk posted:

So this is a solid state power module. It can do pulse width for pumps, doesnt use fuses(load sensing), allows multiple inputs for activation, and you can manipulate current limits effortlessly. Its expensive but hopefully a used kit will be cheaper. Only issues is I will be unable to find new connectors for the harness, and will probably be forced to buttconnect wires or if I am luck depin these connectors. Hopefully I can clean up this mess with something like this.

That's probably the best option for a truly clean install.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

tehk posted:

Oh the ones on the smartwire I know those are 32006-A22 bussman connectors, its the honda connectors for things like window switches, headlights, signals, taillights, wiper, wiper/light control, and the few other interior things I know I will have trouble finding pins and connectors for

If you can figure out if any of them cross to other Honda cars and are up using for pigtails from a pick and pull you could put a shopping list in the op, I know I have a PaP mission coming up in the near future.

Of course if you do the work to suss that out, you'd probably have the search terms to find them brand new online.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
I was just quoted $600-700 for four harnesses with bulkhead connectors. One on each side of the car from firewall to front headlight, one wiper, and one in the trunk. All milspec connectors and harnesses including interior pigtails to connect to my relay setup of choice. Not too bad!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

That seems cheap as hell for a quality harness, maybe I need to call around and see what I could have one built for.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tehk, I sent you a PM RE: interior stuff :shobon:

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
New wheels are in. Cant wait to see them wrinkle.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Are you potentially thinking of doing Drag Week?

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Are you potentially thinking of doing Drag Week?

That is one of my few life goals

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I was going to say I think you'll only wrinkle the tires, but that beast might do the wheels too.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Converted the car to FWD..... But seriously I welded trailer idler to a angle iron subframe the same width as my Moser axle. Got it mobile and ready to load onto a trailer. Can't wait to take it to the chassis shop next month. So psyched since I can actually see how much tire I can fit. Looks like I have the room to fit a 29.5x11.5 easily.

Facebook and instagram messages have been funny asking why the gently caress I would be doing that

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Take video of it with the engine revving and the car rolling and see if you can add to the number of holiday season heart attacks.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
And mention that "RWD is scary" so you converted it for safety.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Ordered my promod powerglide. 2400hp capable. I am gonna be buried with this trans.

So I thought I was pretty bad.

Then I see this guy friend me on facebook. WTF.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

tehk posted:

Ordered my promod powerglide. 2400hp capable. I am gonna be buried with this trans.

I am happy both of your cars exist.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fixed :argh:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tehk posted:

Match race, IMO.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So many Hondas without working VTEC to kick in. :ohdear:

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

NitroSpazzz posted:

That seems cheap as hell for a quality harness, maybe I need to call around and see what I could have one built for.

If he is referring to 38999 conns, you are absolutely correct, please forward this company's contact info to this thread, good lord.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seminal Flu posted:

So many Hondas without working VTEC to kick in. :ohdear:

Dont have to wait for vtec if its on all the time :smug:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ITT: Hondafuckery

(that RWD Civic is awesome)

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

From 3d model, to actual wing. Some times its fun to use your careers skills for your hobby. Wish I could spend more time doing that.

Started with this model. Created flat patterns and loaded them up on the laser.

From there the wing and side strakes were lasered and finished.

Then It was over to the roll to form it into a 190" radius in the center and 7.8125 radius on the edges.

Finally I bent the ends of the center portion 90 degrees as a spill plate.

Bam done! Just gotta drill for rivets and test fit when the blizzard passes. I also have to make a fancy rear spill plate to create a high pressure zone. I still have 0 idea how drag wings work but it sure looks convincing!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What the gently caress thats awesome.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Cut a bowtie into it, dead centre.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That is really cool.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Its crazy it fits that well coming from a ghetto 3d model. Just gotta grind the wing strakes to match

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Rapid loving prototyping. I love it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
drat that looks good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

Cut a bowtie into it, dead centre.

At least painted, because yesssssss.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
GM engine in a Honda= awesome

Honda engine in a GM=Saturn Vue

I think Honda got a better deal!

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
How are you calculating the wing area and angle? God it's cold out I really need to get over there :lol:

Gonna PM you for FB info

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

Blaise posted:

How are you calculating the wing area and angle? God it's cold out I really need to get over there :lol:

Gonna PM you for FB info

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006711582452

As for area and angle I just copied the crashed promod rx7 the guys next to my work have sitting out back.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Is the STUDENT DRIVER sticker new? Don't remember seeing that before :golfclap:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tehk posted:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006711582452

As for area and angle I just copied the crashed promod rx7 the guys next to my work have sitting out back.

Did it crash because it got loose on the top end?

:ohdear:

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

So I have a hard decision to make. I am about to drop 12k to have a 7 second chassis s2000 made. Doubt has crept into my mind. Should I keep going with this car or buy a basically tube chassis car with much more promise?

Unfortunately after that chassis work I will still have a car that is all but impossible to easily work on and has a short wheelbase. So as I do with most things I began looking for something I could put my motor into and end up with a better overall product as the expense of someone elses loss.(anyone want a honda at my loss?)

I found this race ready minus motor 69 camaro roller for $25000 with wheels, $18000 without. I offered 15,000 as a lowball, but didn't expect a response. He came back at 17. Car has a fuel system capable of 3500hp and more tin work than I could dream of. Engine bay basically means I could run a 1000 cubic inch twin 98mm turbo if I ever hit the lottery or married a 85 year old billionaire.

I love my car but gently caress if this isnt tempting..

With that said we are still way apart on money. No clue where this will end. Not sure what to do. It comes down with is being unique worth not owning as good of a car? Im not rushing into anything since I have a chassis appointment in a few weeks, but poo poo hobbys aint supposed to have 'difficult life choices'

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
s2000!

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Would any of this be nearly as fun without the social media vitriol? Not a lot of fanbois out there who get salty about a drag Camaro with an LS.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

What are you really chasing is the question. You're making the S2000 less streetable with the rear you're putting in, but the Camaro isn't streetable at all. But the Camaro is wicked cool. But the Camaro is the same as thousands of others, and will never be the fastest at "x" parameter, since it's been done for decades on end. But the Camaro looks awesome. But...

Yeah, I see your conundrum.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
If you go with the camaro you'll be anonymous, you'll get bored, it's not interesting at all to others. You'll probably sell that at a loss eventually.
Stick with the honda and it will be unique.
E: In the beginning you said you wanted an 8sec street car.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 14, 2018

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

tehk posted:

...worth not owning as good of a car?

The question is: not as good of a car for what? If you want a drag car to go as fast as possible, the S2000 was never the best choice. Personally, I was the most attracted to the S2000 when it was mostly stock except a loving ridiculous motor, because that's what made it a crazy sorta-sleeper to me. A tube frame drag car with a Camaro body on it or a S2K body on it is kind of a different thing, but it satisfies a different need. Do you want fun/quirky, or do you want as much go-fast as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I'd stick with the S2000. Way I look at it... if you're trying to do something professionally (Pro-Mod or whatever) you're a fool for not optimizing to the limits and following proven ground as much as possible because you are going to need to stretch every resource to catch the frontrunners.

But you're not, you're doing the whole thing to just be a ridiculously fast handful, right? You're not trying to edge out a bunch of cars that are built to a similar combination, you're trying to do your own hilarious thing.

It's easy for me to have opinions on how other people should spend their money though. ;)

• Locked thread