Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
S2000. How is that even a question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Please Tehk, don't give up on the LSX2000.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm pretty sure that you're like me and the enjoyment disappears once the build is done... then ADHD sets in and you buy something else.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Spitballing for its own sake here, but a rotary with some angry port work and a big snail (or something else insane and not-american) would look real nice in that Camaro.
Don't get rid of the stuke tho, it's the best.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
I've never looked twice at a Camaro set up for drag racing. Oh wow cool, another boring guy with money.

A frankenstein S2000, though? I'd crawl under that sumbitch on a rainy day just to see wtf.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If is saw the Camaro in a parking lot I'd look at it and maybe give a low whistle. The s2k I'd be taking pictures and sending them to my friends. Not as a Honda nerd but because it's so different. If I saw a prius with fat slicks, wastgates out the hood, and student driver on the bumper I'd do the same.

You're going to drive it though. Whether or not I take pictures doesn't matter.

Flip a coin, if heads s2k, tails Camaro. See which one you hope it is mid air.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
This entire thing started with the effort to have a badass street car. I think I both failed and succeeded there. I quickly had the baddest "street car" I knew of, until I entered a world I wasnt aware of where a 8 second street car was practically laughable. If I was a show car or cars and coffee guy I wouldnt even consider moving on with the S2000. Unfortunately I am more of a night time illicit activity guy. I love weird cars, but I also love the attraction of having a heavy hitter street car. Unfortunately the S was a heavy hitter who needed to take tons of games off every season.

Make no mistake tho that camaro would be a street car if I owned it. Anything can be a "street car" if that is what you are after.

I guess in the coming weeks I have to weigh out my options with the chassis guy. If I could make the S2000 like this one below I am gonna keep it. Making it a full tube chassis would increase the servicability massively and remove the negatives I am getting tired of while keeping what I love most about this cars bodylines.

BlackMK4 posted:

I'm pretty sure that you're like me and the enjoyment disappears once the build is done... then ADHD sets in and you buy something else.

Get out of my head

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
:getin:

tube frame - it's just an S2000.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

extreme_accordion posted:

:getin:

tube frame - it's just an S2000.

There is nothing incorrect with this comment.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I had to stop showing people your car because they would try to break my phone after I got to the pics with the cut up hood so I say stay with the s2k please

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The S makes people angrier therefore it's the better car. It's not the faster car however.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Hate to tell you all this, but the S2000 has been stripped and is being sold.

I think he made the right choice. The honda was cool but ultimately it's a ton of work (and pain to keep running) to have an inferior car.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Blaise posted:

I think he made the right choice. The honda was cool but ultimately it's a ton of work (and pain to keep running) to have an inferior car.

It's certainly the "right" choice. But this is AI...

I'm not surprised, it's logical, and the S2K had already made everyone hate that was gonna hate.
I mean, this picture will live forever:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Blaise posted:

Boo but also yay because now we get to see another nuts build.

*edit: the thing was loving ridiculous ^^^

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

sharkytm posted:

It's certainly the "right" choice. But this is AI...

Fair enough. The camaro isn't exactly 'sane' either. :q:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Blaise posted:

to have an inferior car.

Does not compute.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
Reason why switching makes sense. New cars tire vs old cars planned big tires

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

tehk posted:

Reason why switching makes sense. New cars tire vs old cars planned big tires

:monocle:

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Going to post his here as well as the other thread:

Is this the part where you tell what the wheelbase and track of the new ride and and we get to googling cars for donor body panels?

Just think, you could have the fastest tube frame Mazda MPV in the world.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

The real :lol: is the "Student Driver" lettering.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That's a whooooooooooooole lot of rubber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Sad I didn't get to see it here before it got stripped. :(

• Locked thread