Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

InitialDave posted:

We currently have someone putting an S2000 engine into an M3 to annoy purists, now an LS in an S2000 to annoy purists, so logically, somewhere in the world we have an engineless Corvette, an S14, and a group of as-yet-unannoyed purists.

There was recently a 8.43 s @ 163 mph S14 engine for sale locally for 8500 €. I guess that would fit in a Corvette...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

mekilljoydammit posted:

Except in that case, the V8 was lighter too.

Ac Ace kerb weight: 1750 lbs
Ac Cobra 289 kerb weight: 2315 lbs

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

tehk posted:

So this is a solid state power module. It can do pulse width for pumps, doesnt use fuses(load sensing), allows multiple inputs for activation, and you can manipulate current limits effortlessly. Its expensive but hopefully a used kit will be cheaper. Only issues is I will be unable to find new connectors for the harness, and will probably be forced to buttconnect wires or if I am luck depin these connectors. Hopefully I can clean up this mess with something like this.

The Racepak Smartwire looked very nice but expensive, so I started looking around for a budget option and found this: http://www.cartek-store.com/pdp_16.htmlg
What do you see as the pros and cons between this and the Racepak? Does anyone know other budget options? I guess the Cartek doesn't do PWM.

• Locked thread