Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Love it! That thing has got to make you laugh like an idiot every time you step on the gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Not sure how you feel about used equipment but I've been picking up a lot of used NASCAR stuff (hoses, clamps, oil tank, etc) on ebay. There's a pretty good selection of used wiggen clamps.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

tehk posted:

Thanks to the jackass who mentioned used NASCAR wiggins fittings on ebay I've spent the last few hours chain buying used nascar hoses off of ebay. About $200 of assembled 16an XRP superlight hoses later I still had to buy another $200 of new Aeroquip fittings and 12an hose to plumb my intercooler setup. On the bright side I know that the average 30 inch new XRP hose assembly ranges from $250-400 and I picked up a half dozen ranging from 15" to 96". I got to pet a few of these hoses at a circle track trade show I got tricked into attending a few months ago. They feel like a dollar store garden hose in terms of weight but can bend into a 1.5" radius and not kink while withstanding 400F. Glad to not have to worry about the Push-Lok poo poo I was planning on running to save weight.

Now my only worry is what I should be cleaning the inside of these hoses with before I run water through them. I don't want to do any damage to the internal casing with just any cleaner. I am assuming on a NASCAR application they are running them for the dry sump so I will need to wash away some oil.
:hfive: Glad I could help. The ones I've bought are fairly clean but there's some residual oil, I'd rinse them with some gas or acetone. Even after that it might be a good idea to do a flush after the first heat cycle or two. I'm using them for oil but plan on doing an oil change after the first hour or so of run time to clean things out.

Crap now I'm thinking of running them for the coolant circuit as well, would really clean things up...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Yay for ebay plumbing parts! Somehow I didn't notice how close those headers were to the shock towers, tight fit.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

quote:

Turbo header next to brake master? That car will never stop.
Better start over...

Love it

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

:perfect:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

tehk posted:

Oh the ones on the smartwire I know those are 32006-A22 bussman connectors, its the honda connectors for things like window switches, headlights, signals, taillights, wiper, wiper/light control, and the few other interior things I know I will have trouble finding pins and connectors for
You may be able to find what they are by digging around s2ki, I was able to figure out what my smashed ecu connector was (TE/AMP 179679-6).

tehk posted:

So this is a solid state power module. It can do pulse width for pumps, doesnt use fuses(load sensing), allows multiple inputs for activation, and you can manipulate current limits effortlessly. Its expensive but hopefully a used kit will be cheaper. Only issues is I will be unable to find new connectors for the harness, and will probably be forced to buttconnect wires or if I am luck depin these connectors. Hopefully I can clean up this mess with something like this.

That's probably the best option for a truly clean install.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

That seems cheap as hell for a quality harness, maybe I need to call around and see what I could have one built for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Is the STUDENT DRIVER sticker new? Don't remember seeing that before :golfclap:

• Locked thread