Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If we can get someone to put a BMW S14 into a C6 to anger Corvette purists, we'll then have come full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tehk posted:

Close! I wish it was a S14 and I also wish this wasnt just a shop dropping it on top of a motor with a lift and an actual swap

We currently have someone putting an S2000 engine into an M3 to annoy purists, now an LS in an S2000 to annoy purists, so logically, somewhere in the world we have an engineless Corvette, an S14, and a group of as-yet-unannoyed purists.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

"adheres to the original intentions of the engineers" this fuckwad obviously never owned anything Italian or British. Keep fightin' the goodfight, your car rules. gently caress them.
As a British engineer, "gently caress them" probably was the original intention in many cases.

Previa_fun posted:

9000 rpm bro it revs to 9000 rpm the engine revs to 9000 four wheeled motorcycle bro 9000 9000 9000.
Oooh, a whole 9000rpm? :allears:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I wouldn't think it'd be a problem with them holding open or closed, but perhaps the rate at which they open/close wouldn't match and it could create some odd behaviour? I can't say I know either.

Could you not include some kind of crossover pipe and run one wastegate between them? That's how Ferrari F40s are set up, for example.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Polycarbonate bonnet, get the engine nice and warm before closing it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Uhhh.. So his entire problem is that you put LSX 454 rocker covers on a 454ci engine that's actually an LS3?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I just assumed that it was the only 454 logo'd rocker covers that were readily available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I can't remember who it was, but someone on youtube had a video where he made a custom milled logo and welded it into the cover. I think it was a Proton-based engine for a Mitsubishi build.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 11, 2017

• Locked thread