Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

This thing looks fantastic.

Since it will see street use have you given any thought to vanity plates? They're probably taken but SNGLCAM or NONVTEC would be my .02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I will engrave Honda Motor Company and a big H on a set as close as I can get it to stock b series. Should we do red or black wrinkle finish?

Anyone got a set of aluminum valve covers that they're willing to part with?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

I've seen a sharp corner on a solder joint (from where they pulled the iron away to fast) puncture heat shrink and other wires insulation and cause a short before.

I would remove the pin for 5v at the ecu and check it vs ground. If the output is correct at the ecu you know it's the harness.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If you're comfortable with the fab but not the rule book find out who does tech inspection near you or in your region. There's a good chance you can get someone from the NHRA (I assume) side to come look at it while it's tack welded together.

Ymmv my experience comes from the NASA/SCCA side.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Please post installed trailer axle pics on some s2000 forums and tell them you're building a fwd drift missile.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

tehk posted:

Where can I get thick posters printed affordably? I want to print a flat pattern and cut it out to test fit on the car before I laser my sample at the metal shop on monday and start forming.

Everywhere I look is limited to 48" and my pattern is like 24x60"

Can't do Monday or thick but I have a plotter at work that's at least 4' wide and as long as you want. Print two split in the middle and add tape?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If is saw the Camaro in a parking lot I'd look at it and maybe give a low whistle. The s2k I'd be taking pictures and sending them to my friends. Not as a Honda nerd but because it's so different. If I saw a prius with fat slicks, wastgates out the hood, and student driver on the bumper I'd do the same.

You're going to drive it though. Whether or not I take pictures doesn't matter.

Flip a coin, if heads s2k, tails Camaro. See which one you hope it is mid air.

• Locked thread