Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boxen
Feb 20, 2011

tehk posted:

Why do you guys know so much about little baby transmissions? I wonder if ppg or quaife make a gear set for them

I know about GM FWD manual transmissions and LS4's because I own a Fiero! Haven't done anything interesting with it yet, though.

IIRC, you can bolt an F23 (the aforementioned 2000-2002 2.2L will bolt up, but I think you need to machine a flywheel down) to an LS4. The F40 is a six-speed FWD that is rated for more torque, but they're harder to find.

LS4's are shorter than the rest of the LS family at both the flywheel and accessory ends of the crank, and the accessory drive is different.

Now back to your regular old twin turbo LS2000 shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Just out of curiousity, what made you decide to go with a Ford 9" instead of a Dana 60?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

9" is vastly more common in the drag racing aftermarket, isn't it?

Yeah, probably. I know I've seen Dana 60's under higher power and/or heavier cars though, was just curious.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Sounds like people don't really like the 60 unless you really, really need the strength for some reason. I only brought it up because I was daydreaming about Mopar stuff, seems a lot of people there will go from a 8 3/4 (which is decently strong, weaker than Ford 9 though) to a Dana 60 because some don't like other brands' parts on their cars. Also, some Mopars came with a Dana 60 rear.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Yeah, I guess by the time you're worried about the strength, you don't wnat to deal with the pain in the rear end that's adjusting a D60 either. The only reason it sounds like you'd run one would be "MUH AUTHENTICITY!"

Anyway, that is in no way related to an awesome single cam S2000.

• Locked thread