Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Dude, I live a few minutes from your shop.

Send me a PM, I'd love to check this thing out in person. Promise not to be an idiot Reddit-er.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
It is indeed available.

Bummed I didn't stop by Saturday. Crap. Soon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
HOOOOLY poo poo.

Sorry I haven't stopped by. Just PMd you. Your shop is too close to my house not to come over.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

MrChips posted:

"Everyone wants the status of the LSX, but most can't afford it"

New thread title right here please do the needful

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love how our FB warrior thinks an LS motor is so $. Did he not notice the MASSIVE turbos or other high dollar items? Love it. Can't wait to see it.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

tehk posted:

Like I hate to point out dollar signs but why would I lie about a block when my ecu, dash, and harness combo cost more than a LSX?

Yeah, this. I mean this is almost as annoying as people who post 'WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING'

Clearly you've got solid serious hardware in there. Shut up and show some respect. F-ing internet warriors.

(written by owner of bone stock 90whp miata :lol: )

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

tehk posted:

Im there all weekend!

I'm coming by. :dance: PM me address and what time you'll be there sunday. Or text me (you have #)

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I'm down. Too bad we waited til now and forecast is all 90+ hell...

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

tehk posted:

Hard to photo since it is painted on Crinkle for now, but I destroyed a set of highly liked Vengence valve covers with my mediocre art skills. But in person it looks sweet so on the car they go

Is there enough material to machine it flat with raised V8TEC letters, then paint?

Also :dance: it sounds amazing

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I've got access to a trailer and I'm bolting up a hitch this weekend (started on it on Monday but of course got poured on). Do you have a truck? If not, welcome to use mine. BTW I lost your number been meaning to meet up there's a bunch more race-car-dudes with garages up in your area with cool projects!

Blaise fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jul 19, 2017

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Tehk, I'm sorry I haven't stopped by, I've been incredibly busy with TRACKDAYS and working a 2nd job to pay for them. I have my last event next weekend and then I'm FREE!

I've made a bunch of friends at the track and lots are local and do build custom cages. Would you like me to pass along some names of folks who would be willing to look at your setup while it's tacked together? Also I wanna stop by anyway just bc you're 10 minutes away and I enjoy seeing things people hate online.

Not sure how the NHRA/drag shop guys are but the roadrace shop owners are incredibly friendly.

Edit: You just touched on the NASA/SCCA side of things. Ugh. Back to square one. Still happy to ask around if you like.

Blaise fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 6, 2017

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
How are you calculating the wing area and angle? God it's cold out I really need to get over there :lol:

Gonna PM you for FB info

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Hate to tell you all this, but the S2000 has been stripped and is being sold.

I think he made the right choice. The honda was cool but ultimately it's a ton of work (and pain to keep running) to have an inferior car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

sharkytm posted:

It's certainly the "right" choice. But this is AI...

Fair enough. The camaro isn't exactly 'sane' either. :q:

• Locked thread