Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hooplah posted:

Read Gödel, Escher, Bach, OP.

If we're going Hofstadter, Metamagical Themas is a way better start as a collection of a metric fuckton of his short essays. At least a few of them will appeal and they don't require that LONG an engagement individually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hooplah posted:

I haven't read that one but you're probably right.

It good! I think most or all of them were articles in Scientific American. A few of them are very obviously Cold Warry, but that's, you know, understandable from a man who was terrified or nuclear annihilation happening in his lifetime.

It also makes a serviceable doorstop or bludgeoning weapon. There are a LOT of individual essays.

• Locked thread