Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Streak posted:

guess what: you don't actually have to drink either of them? and it's not like you're drinking the beer bottle just to spite the urine jar. bad analogy! sad!

this except if you don't pick one they both get poured down your throat anyway and you have to eat the containers after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Prorat posted:

This thread needs its T risen

Woweee! :captainpop:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Here's my controversial opinion. Are you ready? I don't like Donald Trump.

RadiRoot fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 16, 2017

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's not how any of this works

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

oops

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FisheyStix posted:

this except if you don't pick one they both get poured down your throat anyway and you have to eat the containers after

Ok yeah fine, if you don't pick one then some rando off the street chooses for you and you're forced to drink it.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Radirot posted:

Here's my controversy opinion. Are you ready? i don't like Donald Trump.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Radirot posted:

Here's my controversy opinion. Are you ready? i don't like Donald Trump.

That's a perfectly reasonable opinion.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Agreed. But it's not just some rando. It's the voice of a nation.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
and also sometimes you pick one and you still have to drink the other one

like i said its a terrible goddamn analogy, trump is a pissbaby idiot and so are his supporters/defenders

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FisheyStix posted:

Agreed. But it's not just some rando. It's the voice of a nation.

It is impossible to say what the voice of a nation is, and indeed impossible to separate the outcome from the selection process itself. For the purposes of this example, making it a random person is sufficiently illustrative in that the outcome is at once unpredictable but also shaped by popular beliefs by probability

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Streak posted:

and also sometimes you pick one and you still have to drink the other one

like i said its a terrible goddamn analogy, trump is a pissbaby idiot and so are his supporters/defenders

Yes but that would pull attention away from the choice, which is the aspect being examined by the example. The purpose of the example is not to accurately model the system, but to focus in on that one particular choice.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It is impossible to say what the voice of a nation is, and indeed impossible to separate the outcome from the selection process itself. For the purposes of this example, making it a random person is sufficiently illustrative in that the outcome is at once unpredictable but also shaped by popular beliefs by probability

Fair enough, but drat it I want to be silly. :colbert:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FisheyStix posted:

Fair enough, but drat it I want to be silly. :colbert:

Yes I thought your option was appropriate and made your point well

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes but that would pull attention away from the choice, which is the aspect being examined by the example. The purpose of the example is not to accurately model the system, but to focus in on that one particular choice.

how about you choose.. to not post anymore

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Maybe Trump's election is the wake-up call that democrats needed to actually make some real change. Democrats are starting to make noise about the economy and income inequality and single payer health care now. So maybe Trump's election will actually turn out to be a good thing in the long run, because it'll cause the democrats to move farther to the left, and then they'll win back congress and the white house and actually get off their assholes and do something besides serve their corporate and wall street masters. (Just kidding. None of that will happen.)

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
Daaaamn. Enfield would be jealous of that burn.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

remember the time trump sucked up to the Saudis and chose a solid republican running mate who hates gays and how trump does everything a republican would do what an outsider

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Streak posted:

how about you choose.. to not post anymore

At least oxballs is making cogent arguments. A lot of people in this thread aren't saying anything coherent, they're just name calling.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

Maybe Trump's election is the wake-up call that democrats needed to actually make some real change. Democrats are starting to make noise about the economy and income inequality and single payer health care now. So maybe Trump's election will actually turn out to be a good thing in the long run, because it'll cause the democrats to move farther to the left, and then they'll win back congress and the white house and actually get off their assholes and do something besides serve their corporate and wall street masters. (Just kidding. None of that will happen.)

"WHAT?! AND GIVE UP THAT SWEET PHARMACUTICAL AND WALL STREET CASH? OVER MY DEAD BODY!" - Democratic leadership.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

remember the time trump sucked up to the Saudis and chose a solid republican running mate who hates gays and how trump does everything a republican would do what an outsider

Maybe if the Democrats had tried to build bridges instead of going into full on attack mode, forcing him to ally himself deeper with party hardliners, those things wouldn't have happened. Well not the Saudi part but that's no different from the Democrats anyway.

But they need to keep him in check because neither side wants him to enact his populist policies

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wow prorat got quite the upgrade today. Sorry oxballs, no love for you.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm gonna do y'all a favor and raise the T levels up in here.

I'm on Zippys level.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also Trump blocked the tpp, which is absolutely not what a Republican would have done

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Or a democrat, for that matter

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Maybe if the Democrats had tried to build bridges instead of going into full on attack mode, forcing him to ally himself deeper with party hardliners, those things wouldn't have happened. Well not the Saudi part but that's no different from the Democrats anyway.

But they need to keep him in check because neither side wants him to enact his populist policies

lol at blaming the democrats for trumps failures , sorry he's no different than any other republican and these outsider memes are dumb , he has done nothing they wouldn't do

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kind of weird to post pictures of women isn't it

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

kind of weird to post pictures of women isn't it

this is the type of opinion I would expect from someone who roleplays as a muslim on internet forums.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

this is the type of opinion I would expect from someone who roleplays as a muslim on internet forums.

role plays ? Lol . you follow me around a lot you lost ?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Having been a victim of forums stalking, I would like to post in support of my fried piss de bundy

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

Follow you around?

Umm, we're posting in the same thread, in a dead forum, are you lost?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

More spaces in between punctuation. You are not American and are using a translator.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

Follow you around?

Umm, we're posting in the same thread, in a dead forum, are you lost?

I am lost . Where the gently caress is the bathroom help

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

I am lost . Where the gently caress is the bathroom help

The toilet is in the other lol Trump thread

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
prorat if you're saying I'm not American because I post poorly well that's because gently caress you

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

The toilet is in the other lol Trump thread

heheheh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

prorat if you're saying I'm not American because I post poorly well that's because gently caress you

You aren't typing basic 1st grade punctuation. You put spaces where spaces shouldn't exist.

• Locked thread