Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Avirosb posted:

Oh no, that poo poo started WAY before that origin story.

Nah

Clinton 1.0 was a turning point for democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

I know you don't live here or vote or experience the immediate policy fallout so I'll tell you. not terribly long ago an ancient corpo-political machine named Ray-Gon set this country on a misguided and ruinous path under the auspices of progress and scapegoating black people.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

Nah

Clinton 1.0 was a turning point for democrats

I was talking about America as a whole.
Scapegoating black people is kind of an American thing, I've noticed.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Avirosb posted:

I was talking about America as a whole.

I'm talkin bout the democrats, dummies

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

wrong is wrong

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

Cherry picking & double standard.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I feel like every Trumpet who won't shut up about Hillary never learned the "two wrongs don't make a right" lesson in school

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Toadvine posted:

I know you don't live here or vote or experience the immediate policy fallout so I'll tell you. not terribly long ago an ancient corpo-political machine named Clint-On set this country on a misguided and ruinous path under the auspices of progress and scapegoating black people.

Fast forward to last year and this rheumy machine is somehow still well connected enough to do battle once, maybe twice more, this time against pure light, and for whatever reason a bunch of fist fuckers sided with power over progress, losing both in the process and taking the country down with them.

I still don't get the obsession

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I feel like every Trumpet who won't shut up about Hillary never learned the "two wrongs don't make a right" lesson in school

Says the poster looking to Reagan as a rebuttal of democrats awful turn rightward

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

Says the poster looking to Reagan as a rebuttal of democrats awful turn rightward

Reagan was president at one point in time.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Reagan was president at one point in time.

You should hold the democrats to a higher standard than how the worst republicans behaved.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

Nah, as the country in general turning rightward

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

You should hold the democrats to a higher standard than how the worst republicans behaved.

Trump is president, there are no such thing as a standard.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nah, dude - the cornerstones of modern America are massive financial deregulation, active dismantling of American industry via offshoring, and a hyper-punitive police state. Clinton spearheaded all three of these.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nah, dude - the cornerstones of modern America are massive financial deregulation, active dismantling of American industry via offshoring, and a hyper-punitive police state. Clinton spearheaded all three of these.

It seems it has been America's policy for as long as I can remember. Regardless of the presidents. Financial deregulation alone is something that most Americans support (despite being against their interest) because they are afraid to be called communists otherwise.

I don't understand why the Clinton obsession with these topics, they seem more like standard American issues to me.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It seems it has been America's policy for as long as I can remember. Regardless of the presidents. Financial deregulation alone is something that most Americans support (despite being against their interest) because they are afraid to be called communists otherwise.

I don't understand why the Clinton obsession with these topics, they seem more like standard American issues to me.

How old are you

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Nah, as the country in general turning rightward

for how much longer can we blame reagan for democrats being republican-lite

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

How old are you

Do you deny that the US have been world's advocate of financial deregulation (with London) since decades? Since the at least the 70's to be precise.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

for how much longer can we blame reagan for democrats being republican-lite

That's not Reagan's fault, that's just Americans being Americans.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Avirosb posted:

That's not Reagan's fault, that's just Americans being Americans.

a lack of pride and affection for your country explains a lot

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

a lack of pride and affection for your country explains a lot

A country is not a sentient entity and should not be treated as such.
You go on and keep feeling affectionate about your Republicans and Republican-Lites though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Do you deny that the US have been world's advocate of financial deregulation (with London) since decades? Since the at least the 70's to be precise.

Why would I know anything about London in the 70s? Or care?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Avirosb posted:

You go on and keep feeling affectionate about your Republicans and Republican-Lites though.

do you also tell the sun to rise in the morning

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Why would I know anything about London in the 70s? Or care?

Thank for confirming you had actually no idea what I was talking about

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

do you also tell the sun to rise in the morning

Little known fact, the Sun doesn't actually 'rise'.
Did you know that? Lots of people don't know that. We

\

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Snatch Duster posted:

Exactly. Of course this video is for children, so it's important to note that, when it comes to sex, you do not have to ever consent because it's the nice thing to do, it's always solely up to you whether or not anyone thinks you "should" have sex with them. But, at its core, Lindsay is right — sharing toys honestly sums up consent. The most important part is not whether someone says yes or no to sharing their toys, Lindsay points out, it's about hot the person requesting it responds.
Nice Freudian slip there :D

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
:orb:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Y'all got some pussy in QQcs trying to get your thread closed.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Little known fact, the Sun doesn't actually 'rise'.
Did you know that? Lots of people don't know that. We

\

Just as the moon slips behind it's veil, you're slipping bigly

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Toadvine posted:

Just as the moon slips behind it's veil, you're slipping bigly

Speaking of slipping :smug:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Since 1968 there have been 3 democrat presidents to 6 republican presidents. You say Americans have been on a push for financial deregulation since then, and guess who has been behind most of it?

The Clinton obsession with it comes from the fact the democrats are supposed to be the opposition party to the republicans, so that when republicans do poo poo like that the dems go that's bad and support more regulations instead. However, Clinton was swept into power on third-Wayism by being republican lite to a country that was fed up with republicans but still seemed to want more conservative policies. As such, he led the dems into finishing what Reagan started by dismantling the welfare state, going after black families in the name of law and order, and pursuing a balanced budget with a republican congress.

Since then, democrats continue to think that moving to the right is the only way to succeed in elections, except when they do the republicans also move to the right and still keep their base because our politics has a sports team mentality. The left is now without a party in America, and it started with clintons ascendancy. It also cannot be understated that the man is still super popular among the democrat base despite being the pioneer of the current spineless corporate sycophants the party has become. Hillary is also a more right wing version of bill and the family still has a good bit of the party in their pocket.

Sure, people itt deflect from trump onto Hillary and it's pretty funny 6 months after inauguration, but the Clinton name, identity, and family should be ridiculed and run out of politics before the democrats are able to be anything other than a bunch of mealy mouthed pieces of poo poo.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Avirosb posted:

Speaking of slipping :smug:

Hell, I'm even affectionate toward your diminished little turd body and mind 🤗

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Remember when Trump spoke to another world leader in the open, at a dinner, at a summit for world leaders? Treason IMO.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem

Over There posted:

Y'all got some pussy in QQcs trying to get your thread closed.
So much for the tolerant left :rolleyes:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

:yikes:

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

really queer Christmas posted:

Since 1968 there have been 3 democrat presidents to 6 republican presidents. You say Americans have been on a push for financial deregulation since then, and guess who has been behind most of it?

The Clinton obsession with it comes from the fact the democrats are supposed to be the opposition party to the republicans, so that when republicans do poo poo like that the dems go that's bad and support more regulations instead. However, Clinton was swept into power on third-Wayism by being republican lite to a country that was fed up with republicans but still seemed to want more conservative policies. As such, he led the dems into finishing what Reagan started by dismantling the welfare state, going after black families in the name of law and order, and pursuing a balanced budget with a republican congress.

Since then, democrats continue to think that moving to the right is the only way to succeed in elections, except when they do the republicans also move to the right and still keep their base because our politics has a sports team mentality. The left is now without a party in America, and it started with clintons ascendancy. It also cannot be understated that the man is still super popular among the democrat base despite being the pioneer of the current spineless corporate sycophants the party has become. Hillary is also a more right wing version of bill and the family still has a good bit of the party in their pocket.

Sure, people itt deflect from trump onto Hillary and it's pretty funny 6 months after inauguration, but the Clinton name, identity, and family should be ridiculed and run out of politics before the democrats are able to be anything other than a bunch of mealy mouthed pieces of poo poo.
Democrats are reeling. There is no way the party goes anywhere near the Clinton name. Also, you said there were 6 republican presidents since 1968 but the truth of their positions is that they were unbelievably progressive other than say - abortion. Reagan was pro-immigrant and holy poo poo George Bush Sr was one of the best qualified and best-intentioned presidents.

How progressive can Berniecrats get while keeping the pro-life people somewhere in their locus of control? Remains to be seen.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Hell Gem
This crazy bitch gets a checkmark but Julian Assange doesn't? :thunk:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Chelsea Manning 2020

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The_Cack posted:

This crazy bitch gets a checkmark but Julian Assange doesn't? :thunk:

Hey if it takes don for dems to call for billionaire death, thats what it takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
LOL at anybody who thinks Trump & co is going to receive anything more severe than an "oh, you" look.

• Locked thread