Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

rezatahs posted:

shotguns and jammers

yeah you guys will be all set when skynet decides to drastically downgrade mil drone tech

i will be in my liberal doomsday bunker by then

picture this but replace the american flags and hunting stuff with rainbow flags and pictures of stalin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

picture this but replace the american flags and hunting stuff with rainbow flags and pictures of stalin

Sweet! Since you believe in sharing everything and no walls you'll be glad to host me, comrade

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

A misanthrope posted:

hmmm pretty swank :thumbsup:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Sweet! Since you believe in sharing everything and no walls you'll be glad to host me, comrade

ok but if we run out of food i reserve the right to eat you

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Trump Status: unstumped

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm thrilled that I will get to live in a world where a handful of billionaires who own all the robots piss and poo poo directly onto the starving masses that make up the rest of the world, stubbornly crushing all political momentum for a minimum income and sneering and spitting "get a job" while they boast to stockholders that they have finally achieved 100% automation.

Jk, obviously we can count on Donald Trump, that sympathetic man of the people, to stop this

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A misanthrope posted:

automation took the jobs, and now even the manufacturing that was moved overseas is being automated. your iphone was made by a robot.

If you keep humping this narrative it'll make a baby you can't abort. Bring back artesian iPhones, bring back manufacturing to the working class.

*doesn't want to work for a secondary degree, feels entitled to a living wage.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

KomodoWagon posted:

I'm thrilled that I will get to live in a world where a handful of billionaires who own all the robots piss and poo poo directly onto the starving masses that make up the rest of the world, stubbornly crushing all political momentum for a minimum income and sneering and spitting "get a job" while they boast to stockholders that they have finally achieved 100% automation.

Jk, obviously we can count on Donald Trump, that sympathetic man of the people, to stop this

i would say the only hope at that point will be a class revolt, but by then the military and police will be replaced with drones and robots and they will crush the common man in their unfeeling metal pincers

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Be the change you wanna see! Work up in a corporation and when it comes time for the board to vote "Yes!" for robot death, vote "No"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why are we even fighting the robots? Let them do all the jobs so I don't have to ffs, full automation and living wage for all. Finally world peace.

*exhales bong smoke*

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

a bone to pick posted:

Why are we even fighting the robots? Let them do all the jobs so I don't have to ffs, full automation and living wage for all. Finally world peace.

*exhales bong smoke*

This unironically is the solution, but Wall Street goes insane when the idea of giving poor people money pops up, so it will never gain political traction

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Nevermind

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I just want to earn enough money to buy a sex robot and treat her right

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

*exhales bong smoke*

lol if you think america will allow something like a universal income

people would rather starve in the streets than vote to institute "communisms"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Oscar Wild posted:

If you keep humping this narrative it'll make a baby you can't abort. Bring back artesian iPhones, bring back manufacturing to the working class.

*doesn't want to work for a secondary degree, feels entitled to a living wage.

your iphone was made by a robot and it still costs 700 dollars

how much do you think your made in the USA iphone is going to cost, and without raising the minimum wage or implementing GMI, how is anyone going to be able to afford it?

if your answer is "all those high paying manufacturing jobs", well, there still won't be enough jobs to employ everybody (because even foreign workers are getting hedged out with productivity improvements) and when nobody in America can afford to buy poo poo, the jobs that are there will dry up pretty quick

quote:

Bring back artesian iPhones

iphones have never sprung water from the ground and even if they had they were never built in the USA and never could be

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
lmao that there are still actual trump supporters on planet earth

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

lol if you think america will allow something like a universal income

people would rather starve in the streets than vote to institute "communisms"

You think Americans are ideologically opposed to "Communism" this is incorrect they are realistically opposed to college educated pseudo-intellectuals trying to take their stuff that they worked for away from them

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
this is a v. bad thread. hth

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
It's a supreme victory for capitalism that even her detractors can't perceive it's potential diminished influence on society and government.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tonytheshoes posted:

this is a v. bad thread. hth

Much like trump

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i'm not being hyperbolic when i say automation is the #1 threat to the average american and his/her comfy modern lifestyle. of course no one is talking about it or seems to care.

we are going back to feudalism except peasants won't even get to till the fields because robots will be doing it

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You think Americans are ideologically opposed to "Communism" this is incorrect they are realistically opposed to college educated pseudo-intellectuals trying to take their stuff that they worked for away from them

What? No, I just want free poo poo.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Aren't you a college educated pseudo-intellectual? Like I think you described yourself as exactly that once

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

KomodoWagon posted:

This unironically is the solution, but Wall Street goes insane when the idea of giving poor people money pops up, so it will never gain political traction

you'd think wall street would be going nuts for the opportunity to eliminate all the make-busy work their companies are paying for, but I'm pretty sure everybody rich in this country knows the empire is falling and they're just cashing in while they can.

none of these people care if their company exists and employs people after they're gone, they're just interested in getting paid and insulating themselves further from the decline

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

Aren't you a college educated pseudo-intellectual? Like I think you described yourself as exactly that once

Yah but that died in me after working lovely jobs for a decade

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

well in about 20 years that stuff americans have is just going to be rocks and sticks and maybe some mud they wiped on their faces to protect them from the sun

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Jukebox Hero posted:

Much like trump,he is an insane r-tard

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

hey spunky psycho ho, what do you do for a living? just curious as to what vitally important role you serve society

in before middle management in accounting

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It feels better to be able to work hard and prosper than to lay around asking for more, this is my life lesson I impart to you

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A misanthrope posted:

i'm not being hyperbolic when i say automation is the #1 threat to the average american and his/her comfy modern lifestyle. of course no one is talking about it or seems to care.

we are going back to feudalism except peasants won't even get to till the fields because robots will be doing it

Actually automation rules and the problem is our weird cultural hang-up that says only people who work eight hours a day deserve to be regarded as human, regardless of whether jobs are actually available.

Unless of course you're already rich, then it's supremely cool and "boss" if you're an unproductive spiteful rear end in a top hat

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It feels better to be able to work hard and prosper than to lay around asking for more, this is my life lesson I impart to you

answer the question, you hard worker, you

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yah but that died in me after working lovely jobs for a decade

"I have suffered, so others must suffer as well."

Woden
May 6, 2006

KomodoWagon posted:

Wall Street is going to get crushed by automation too though, humans are terrible at investing.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mirthless posted:

your iphone was made by a robot and it still costs 700 dollars

iphones have never sprung water from the ground and even if they had they were never built in the USA and never could be

They could be cheaper if there was less emphasis on profit margins. Right now stock is just wealth transfer to the wealthy. A diversification of oligarchs. Apple just needs to accept that in this presidency, the costs of relocating American factory jobs is ultimately a losing gamr. Ameicans putting screws and soldering parts in phones is the future. Same as coal energy.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Good old fashioned hard labor in the factories will straighten you kids and your human being hippy music right out

Oscar everything you say sounds like the sage wisdom of an insane grandpa

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Woden posted:

Wall Street is going to get crushed by automation too though, humans are terrible at investing.

Lol, so true, AI will kill financial advisors.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mirthless posted:

hey spunky psycho ho, what do you do for a living? just curious as to what vitally important role you serve society

in before middle management in accounting

Middle management at a delivery company

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Jukebox Hero posted:

"I have suffered, so others must suffer as well."

All dem libruls comin try to take muh stuff away. Just take it all. But I'll show em. MAGA MAGA MAGA.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Oscar Wild posted:

They could be cheaper if there was less emphasis on profit margins. Right now stock is just wealth transfer to the wealthy. A diversification of oligarchs. Apple just needs to accept that in this presidency, the costs of relocating American factory jobs is ultimately a losing gamr. Ameicans putting screws and soldering parts in phones is the future. Same as coal energy.

ahhhahhaha you almost got me until that last line

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So you have a job that is completely useless

Thanks for your contribution to the thread

• Locked thread