Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

El Boot posted:

you idiots realize that we're not enemies with Russia, right?

Sounds like a good reason to let Putin just move into the WH for a sleepover. And then he can take over since Donnie get's too tired for Prez stuff around mid afternoon. He's just a helpful guy, helpin us all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

make me president i promise to do a good job

Seems totally legit but do you promise to win so hard we can't stand it. If you say yes you're automatically qualified.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Jukebox Hero posted:

"I have suffered, so others must suffer as well."

All dem libruls comin try to take muh stuff away. Just take it all. But I'll show em. MAGA MAGA MAGA.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If you want to gussy up my title it's Operation Manager at a Logistics company

Moving things from one place to another is useless?

Well i see your concern. With an impressive position of such prestige i can see how all the liebruls must be crowded around your house like a zombie horde, trying to steal aaaaaaalllllll your stuff.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

KomodoWagon posted:

Well it's a good thing that's not a problem because ?? and it will all be fine if we just start burning coal again and build a wall, that'll save you

He wants a coal mining job so he can achieve true financial security... just so long as the librul elite doesnt come to steal his wealth from him.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Mirthless posted:

The guy who handles scheduling and approves timecards for a delivery company has some pretty serious opinions on extremely complicated economic concepts

He does A MILLION THINGS AT ONCE he just told you. Duh.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Lol who cares about looking like the good guy anymore?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

fyodor posted:

Oh look the SCHOOL BUS DRIVER wants to tell me about "good guy."

I'm DEEPLY concerned about the appearance of moral integrity!!!!

*defends Donald Trump and the GOP*

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
We can only trust the tweets of dear leader. Only he knows truth. The news must be pushed aside. Heed the word of Trump.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

That Robot posted:

lol sure

"operations manager" hahahaha more like subway chef

That's sandwich artist bucko

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Purity balls are psycho weird. Spending time with your daughter is not. Hope that clears this complex issue up.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yes.

If you really wanted to, there's a decent argument that white people with weed is a strong display of privilege considering how little trouble they'd get into if caught compared to say...a black person.

Legalization in Colorado was a big problem because people were mad that a whole bunch of white people flooded the industry to profit on something black people were doing time for.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
At least we didn't elect a wallstreet puppet!!!!!

*this post brought to you by Goldman Sacchs and Exxon, making America Great Again one cabinet position at a time*

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's a difference between "Intelligent, capable men who rose to the highest rungs of society" and "Corporate interests bankrolling someone for future political leverage"

Yes. There is a difference between the corporate interests having to buy leverage and just outright putting their leaders in office. There is a huge difference. Now we've cut out the middle man to make it a more efficient, streamlined system of loving the average American.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Lol. "Just imagine if a Trump supporter said a mean thing about you. For the first time of course because only liberals are bad while our side is totally always nice and kind. Doesn't feel good does it?"

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I love all the people in here trying to have super pedantic arguments. Just type "eat poo poo" like a normal GBS poster and move on. Lol.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Space Crabs posted:

I thought this was an easy one where i point out that a noted gbs shitposter is being really retarded in how he interprets things nobody said but maybe i need some left wing condescention and start miming out that i am explaining things as if to a child or from a picture book as has been done plenty of times in this thread by people melting down about pisstapes or all of the incestuous pedophilia everyone totally accepted that totally happened.

FAKE NEWS!! I am not noted by anyone.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Actually making predictions based on evidence, data, and patterns is a sign of intelligence

When did the country go rear end backwards on everything

Hey. Just give him a chance.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Piss de Bundy posted:

imagine being so stupid you think trump is a good president

Oh man I can't even imagine it

"Actually, I look at facts and reality to form my opinions" - a person who thinks Donald James Tromp is a good pres.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Actually guys all crimes are now legal UNLESS Hillary has been convicted of them in a court of law. All things she is not currently in jail for are permissible. Therefore Trump..... good.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
If we strangle all education funding and dismantle teacher job security and diminish their laughably small pay then our education will be made great again.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Even if you were making enough money to put some away interest rates are effectively useless

With inflation you end up losing money over time. Lol.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I am a humble white man making me the number one enemy of liberalism. I will have no choice but to kill all liberals soon, who are cuck bitches and weak but also terrifying rabid violent anarchists.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Uh so we just made Syria great again

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Hold on meow. Trump doing what Clinton would have done is now a point in your favor? I mean, I'm not claiming it's a point in our favor, but it certainly seems like both sides look equally goddamn stupid from that particular angle, so maybe just sweep that under the rug before we all end up owned eh?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Lol at everyone sitting around trying to pretend actual human conflict is like Gondor vs orcs and poo poo. Trump sucks poo poo. Assad sucks poo poo. If trump boots assad its a good thing done by a poo poo sucker.

But whaaaaa who is the good guy/bad guy? How does this make the other political party wrong!? When do I get my gold star for voting Trump?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump's hardcore base is in absolute disgust over this

Who cares?

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They wanted to stay out of wars of imperialism, isn't that gold star worthy

No. No one wins. No points are awarded.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

COMRADES posted:

People are building gently caress off megayachts while children die in the thousands every day because they have no clean drinking water.

Maybe those kids shouldn't be buying so many iphones. You can't always expect to afford the latest gadgets and toys AND potable water.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Why should we have laws to stop discriminatory business practices?
------- someone who has clearly never faced discriminatoty business practices

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Knight posted:

I'm trying to think of the advantages of living in a society where a business can refuse to serve you because of the color of your skin and I'm not coming up with any.

Uh you would be more free and have ultimate liberty (if you were a member of a race that never actually had to deal with discrimination)

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

You're all misunderstanding Nut's argument.

His assertion is that people are enlightened enough to not discriminate, and if they did, they would be justly destroyed by social pressure.

If you disagree with the assertion, that's fine, but doing that means that you're ultimately saying that you think people need to be talked into positive behavior by the threat of legal punishment on top of social punishment.

That's fine until you actually look at human history and realize that human slavery of black people didn't stop until the US government forced it to stop with actual warfare. It would not have just stopped on its own.

And its not about people needing to be threatened into good behavior. It's recognizing that some people will do intolerable things if they are allowed, so we as a society better not allow it. It's okay to stop people from doing bad things with policy. It doesn't have to mean you think people are inherently evil or that you think the state is the ultimate arbiter of good/evil.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"if you're so tolerant how come you're intolerant of racists hmm?"

Thats not a cool awesome Gotcha. It's actually bad and stupid, just fyi.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Nut to Butt posted:

What world do you live in where "human slavery of black people" (:wtc:) is over?

I don't believe all slavery the world over was abolished forever. You got me on the mistake.

As for other places abolishing it without war. Fine cool good. The debate in the US wasn't just one day in congress. It spanned a loooong time and there were plenty of attempts to end it peaceably. But it wasn't happening and I am never going to agree that we should have just waited it out until slavery faded away because those were actual living people being held in servitude who deserved freedom right then and there, no questions asked.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
hahahahahha the campaign of murder of the native Americans was actually just a total accident guys. just coincidences. nothing more. they didn't know that smallpox blankets, forced marches, or bullets could cause harm to their good friends, The Natives.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Who What Now posted:

"Excuse me, savages, in thanks for not attacking us please take these gifts that we spent all day coughing onto."

whoa ah, oopsies! look at all these dead natives. so sad. well they won't be needing this land anymore. I think they would have wanted us to have it. shame about this total accidental tragedy though.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
yeah gee wow..some africans even participated in the slave trade wow hmmm, makes ya think. complex issue. maybe they are actually just as bad? I bet some jews in 1930s germany were not even really very good dudes. maybe even some were criminals?... hmmmmmmm the hot takes I'm opening up to now that my vision isn't clouded by liberal lies.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
no, we're just not so loving moronic that we think the white man's actions aren't a big deal cuz like, brown people do bad stuff sometimes ya know.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Just like it's moronic to blame all black people for violence because they are arrested and incarcerate more for violent crime, it's moronic to blame all white people for the actions of what some do, unless you are the type of person who like to group people together and hold the many responsible for the actions of the few. I think there is a word for that, starts with racist.

Spunky is trying to brush aside killing off native americans as an accident, and when it was pointed out that he was a very stupid person he backpedalled to "well both sides were bad actually."

also, you are not addressing anything related to my point in any way.
you're trying to come in with a "the real racist....is you" but you're doing a bad job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

Instead of using phrases like "the white man's actions" perhaps you should use less racist language then? I think there is browser plug in that changes "white man" to "black woman". You should install that to see how stupid and racist it sounds when you use those kind of broad, generalizing terms.

I was parroting Spunky's own words to mock him. gee willigers you seem to be flailing about randomly at me and not based on any understanding of the posts involved. I'm sure you can do better if you slow down a little and think though. I believe in you.

• Locked thread