Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

yikes dude like open your eyes maybe? watch the news?

Can't have both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
The lol trump thread veers close to shook occasionally but that's not enough for me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

lol your boy is hosed

oh you mean it's coming from actual credible new sources and not an image board filled with literal retards?

Now it's a liberal tears thread

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
"Trump, he's totally hosed!"
-unknown
circa 2016-2024

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Grevling posted:

... Hillary.... relevant....

I don't think so

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

old fat bird posted:

this is what the media and Disney want since most Hillary supporters can only relate to complex political ideas like BAD MAN SAID MEAN WORDS by relating it to similes about children's cartoons

Or comparisons to the second world war apparently

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

lol you seem like you are panicking when you post like this

I'm extremely relaxed rn. I just had a ham egg n cheese biscuit now I'm blowing on my coffee and reading the new savage love column while also checking this amazing new liberal tears thread. I realize I must thank you for being the shaken craven loon that gives these threads mojo.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

microwave ham egg and cheese or you make it yourself?

It's my cheat day so I went to the bakery near my office

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

US is still the second largest manufacturer in the world. It's just done by robots. Those jobs are never coming back.

how could democrats lose with such a resonant message??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
"Those jobs aren't coming back dipshits!"

Hillary 2016

Alternative campaign slogan:

"What are you gonna do, vote for Trump? :smug:"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It's a supreme victory for capitalism that even her detractors can't perceive it's potential diminished influence on society and government.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
This thread was fun when it was prophesying trumps downfall, shut the hell up spunky

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

No let him self own a little more

He's a bad troll duh

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Blue Star posted:

I agree that Trump is poo poo, but i think the threat of automation is a bit overstated. There's still a lot that robots and AIs cant do. Even small children are smarter than the best robots. And a lot of jobs require things like manual dexterity, moving about in hectic chaotic environments, using common sense, and so on.

I work in food service and there's a lot that robots cant do at my job. Dont get me wrong, im not saying my job is sooooo important or anything. But robots still struggle with things that humans are pros at, and have been since we were kids. Humans can do "on-the-spot" improvisation and are flexible and versatile, a given worker can do different things at different times. Robots can't.

Not saying robots will never be capable of all of this but its going to be a long time.

But I wanna rage against simple, plainly evil concepts! Nazis and Automation! :mad:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Thread ruined.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Thank you The New York Times, CNN, and The Huffington Post.
The return of real journalism!
YOU ARE ALL AMERICAN HEROES.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

feelix posted:

lol hillary lost

And badly! I hope hillfolk are embarrassed as hell that their queen has self exiled to Twitter

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I've always leaned more left than right. I think some people get confused because I make fun of the left more now, but that's because it's currently a lot easier :)

Same. MIsanthrope constantly calls me an alt right Nazi because I think the left is descending into inconsolable retardation

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mirthless posted:

well, good thing you elected Trump, the person most likely to roll back all progress on the drug war and start jailing marijuana users again

in before "Well, actually, Trump said he was pro drug in..." while ignoring he picked Jeff Sessions as his AG (and we knew it was either going to be sessions or christie back in like loving september dude)

Shut the gently caress up, good lord.

There are probably two real Trump supporters itt and one is prorat which could go either way. Besides, Clinton supporters did more to elect Trump than salty Bernouts like myself

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I wasn't talking to you???

I wish you weren't talking at all!!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Your shoveling job has been replaced by a shoveling robot that doesn't embarrass the globo-corp by posting on gay forums during work hours

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

texting my ex posted:

i still cannot believe there are actual hillary supporters left on this earth

how stupid can you be shes been corrupt all her life and you still wanted her for president? lmao

They're still here on these very forums, in this drat thread even. If you reading this supported Hillary then lol what the gently caress

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

EorayMel posted:

Bernie probably would have been the best canidate out of this election but if you seriously thought he would become president you're heavily misguided. Emphasis on probably because we will never truly know because that guy is now forever out of the action.

Bernie is still very much in the game just not the race for president. That he's still out there sticking it to big pharm, finance, and the executive office while supporting the American worker is a testament to the man's long held principles.

Can you imagine if he raised all those issues during the election, lost, then gave up? Retreating from the public sphere and his supporters after a loss would honestly be cause to question his motives...

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 15, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

sticking it to em SO HARD right now hes really gettin it done, as larry the cable guy would said

He's taking democrats to task for their subservience to donors and putting up a strong defense of uhc on cnn, to name two cool and good things he's done post election.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

nigga crab pollock posted:

UHM excuse me the political slush fund that doubles as a philanthropic non-for-profit is saving lives somewhere in the world as we speaj

Not anymore lol foreign governments lost their charitable itch for some reason after Hillary lost.

Except for the office of abandoned children, they're still doing good work

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

there's a special pipe system setup at the white house to destroy i guess burn poop because russian spies could get a poo sample and find out you're allergic to bee stings then murder you so there's someone who's job it is to make sure trump's poop gets burned

What can you really glean from a turd?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Does anyone else think we should temporarily suspend all White House action until we can figure out what the gently caress is going on? I am actually scared.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
https://twitter.com/20committee/status/831872441597194241

trump is hosed, will die in jail

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Knight posted:

Spineless cucks ITT who would clean Putin's dick off after he raped their wife.

"What, do you want to start a WAR?!"

Go on...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It's the 21st Century... democrats are baying for war with Russia... a republican president is feuding with the deep state... Nazis everywhere... Save us aliens...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Professor SJW posted:

everyone pls take note of my new username

i am a loving expert at sjw so stand back

Who were you before?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Jukebox Hero posted:

"The guy across the street flipped me off so I sucked his cock to show that I didn't want a war. I'm a strong daddy!"

Haha what?? :confused:

We're already at (proxy) war with Russia and have been for decades. Do you couch-locked r-words really want to just drop the pretense and slug it out with RUSSIA??

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 16, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Knight posted:

I'd probably take this in a different context where the thread wasn't about retard president who wants to open fire on Iran, put troops on the ground in Syria, and escalate aggression with China, but somehow anything other than total praise and adulation of Russia is a psychotic death-race to thermonuclear war. Given that, I don't know how you expect your pearl clutching of "Do you want to start a WAR?!" isn't deserving of derision.

Since Trump wants to do those things it's now acceptable to push for war with yet another country? For the record I'm against war with Russia China Iran Syria and Mexico nor did I vote for Trump :o]

Pull your head out then stop believing everything unnamed intelligence agents tell you

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Are those Obama quotes? Did he ever get the go ahead on the trillion dollar nuclear upgrade plan before leaving office?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Russia hacked our election!(?)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I think the Russia hacking thing is way way overblown fwiw.

of course it is. It reeks of sour dnc grapes and intelligence deep state subterfuge

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

nomadologique posted:

dude it's not a loving secret, we are talking about it RIGHT NOW, IT'S NOT A SECRET

Cool your jets man. Secret in that they're largely unelected and unaccountable but wield extraordinary influence over our elected officials.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

Also, they don't invite me to their meetings.

Hey NotWearingPants, big fan of your av it makes me smile wistfully

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
We just gotta keep destabilizing these countries and murdering the family members of terrorists we created. That's the way it is and I lack the imagination to consider a course correction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

US presidents are cultivated from specific Ivy league groups that are really only opposed to each other nominally on face value. It's not really that surprising that an outsider with business ties might have contact and connections abroad that those generally insulated and carefully curated groups don't. You'll notice buried at the end of all of these articles is an admission that for all the surveillance done by the intelligence community on these folks, nothing actually bad has been detected. It's all a swirl of innuendo, anonymous leaks, rumors and whispers deliberately created to destabilize the administration from a section of very angry and very entitled elites. There's a reason Assange is hiding in an embassy for doing the same thing CNN and the Post are doing right now without rebuke and that's because of who it pisses off.

Trump is a clown but if you think jumping into bed with the CIA to try and force him out of power via lovely media sources is the way to fight him, you're probably part of the problem as well.

Good post. I can't help but do an eyeball 360 every time I read any article sourcing "an unnamed intelligence official".

The intelligence community has made it plainly obvious they have no qualms lying to the public and elected politicians, acting counter to decency on any issue, and generally being crookedly inept, or is that ineptly crooked?

• Locked thread