Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
MSM is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

thathonkey posted:

for some reason when he hates on trump i actually want to take trump's side because it's just so loving pitiful

The shrieking ive seen from people opposing him has made want to take his side more than anything trump himself has actually done

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Harrower posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say a hunger strike isn't at the top of the list.

Low energy

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

A misanthrope posted:

Paragraphs of unfunny horseshit

Trump is a loving retard but he's less retarded than people like you. He at least understood that over half the US population is unhappy and he sold them snake oil instead of insulting them or calling them names.

Also go on, do that thing you do where you look down upon us from your high horse and wipe your brow like a shakespearean heroine while sighing at how mad everyone is but how chill you are in comparison. Surely it will work this time and you may cum.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Capitalism has given us everything though?

What has communism produced? The Ak-47? Which was just a modified STG-44

Naa its bad I dont want to choose from multiple different kinds of shoes. Just give me option 1/3. Red.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
It's really a surprise that a disenfranchised and miserable population continously being worse off year on year voted for someone willing to at least give them sweet nothings rather than an organized machine of political/media might charging lockstep telling them their jobs arent coming back and that their opinions are worthless

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
He actually did it. The things he said he would do while campaigning before winning an election. The absolute madman!

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Stopping illegal immigration is racism guys

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Pedo rings have been busted in foreign governments, popular media, educational and sporting institutions but the idea of there potentially being one in the us government is absurd guys

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
The leaders of the only two nations that can end the world at the push of a button being buddy buddy and not at war is bad guys

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Poetic Justice posted:

Objectively pizza gate is something that is worth investigating, imo. It's probably just heroin trafficking, but still.

I think its way more likely to just be drugs but agree its worth an investigation by something other than trash msm

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Cant happen guys.

Remember when jimmy saville got wrongly accused? Or how about the british parliment? Or what about the other 50 times ha ha man how farfetched is it that a grown man photographed ductaping a little girl to a table and being friends with a guy who uses coded emails and is displaying expensive and exclusively pedophilic art in his home haha how retarded you actually want this to have a fair investigation rather than being handwaived away by paid shills

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Trump is gonna serve two terms and isnt going to change america or affect anyones lives to a drastic degree one way or another.

He just needs to stay out of wars and things are going to be more or less the same as usual. This isnt fascism. The left is freaking the gently caress out but these sheltered bitches dont know any better.

Most of my family lives in a police state where you can dissappear for saying the wrong thing about the government and protests are crushed through actual fear of death. The person in charge also can legally rule for life. Thats fascism.

You have to deal with a clown who says dumb poo poo on the internet and might embezzle money at worst. Boo loving hoo. I'd pick stupid over evil any day.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

scrubs season six posted:

Trump voters picked stupid and evil you idiot.

Who should they have voted for instead?

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Clinton was so poo poo at her job that despite a lifetime of experience, limitless pockets, all the right connections and total domination over media, she lost the election not to a competent opponent but to Donald Trump.

I dont think shes stupid but this is pretty much one of the best real life examples of the tortoise and the hare.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

uber_stoat posted:

I hope the FDA and USDA get gutted too. I plan on launching a brand of "Premium" radium water marketed to Trump voters and everything is ready for launch, just need to cut all this drat red tape.

Name it "Liberal Tears" and be a loving millionaire

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Humanity is great and we are destined to rule the stars. gently caress all traitors to our cause.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

a7m2 posted:

automation is starting to happen in china too. and guess what? it's cheaper

China Trump is going to bring back those gold farming jobs and MCGA

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Any party that tries to win an election solely on the basis of "well at least we aren't THAT guy" deserves to lose and crumble.

Its okay to pepper it here and there among legitimate reasons as to why i should get off my rear end and vote for you but the entire hillary campaign was reliant on condescending smirks and eye rolls towards the opponent.

Trump won because democrats stayed home. They were given no compelling reason to vote for their candidate.

If they repeat the same strategy the white house is going to be painted gold after midterms.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I think its more that the term is used to paint such a broad brush these days that people stop listening and it loses its impact in cases where it shouldn't, due to constant misuse.

Kind of like when you tell someone something causes cancer and their response is "meh everything causes cancer anyway who really knows".

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

I said come in! posted:

Minorities get called terrorists, thugs, murderers, and rapists, some of these groups are being called that by our own president. I think white people can handle being called racist. You're pretty thin skinned and have zero perspective on the world if you're upset by this to the point where you want to pretend a word no longer means anything.

Two wrongs dont make a right

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Things are surely better in Europe and Asia where you have deep hatred for all of your neighbours who are racially the same but have minor cultural differences, which occasionally flares into bloody wars.

Racism is inevitable. America youre not doing as bad as you guys think.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Ork of Fiction posted:

Taxi drivers would probably be a lot safer if they were required to be armed and empowered to kill anyone who posed a threat to their life.

Then uber will beat them again. "Our drivers can only tase you!"

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Theres a reason why taxi doors cant be locked from the inside.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
A good example is that we produce enough food to solve world hunger but the distribution is all hosed. New principles like vertical farming etc. Means that the population limit of the world can expand to levels previously thought to be unsustainable due to advancing tech.

Every generation has thought that this world was too small. Every generation was wrong. I believe there is a limit but it's way higher.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Ork of Fiction posted:

The limit is based on real world adoption. Not just, what can we think of, but how rapidly can we deploy it and start to adapt it to the problems that will inevitably rise in real world applications. For example, vertical farming is dumb as poo poo when storms the size of a continent will routinely rip across the surface of the Earth at 100mph. We can't even halt the acceleration of the growth of our problems. If you think that tech will save you, then you have no experience in the world. Walk into a hospital and see what kind of equipment they're dealing with. Most of it is 20+ years old. They still use fax machines as the primary way to shuttle documents. Meanwhile, we spend like 30% of our GDP on healthcare. Its hosed. We will not be able to produce and implement any solution in time for it to matter. As a reminder, we can't even convince half of the people in the most powerful nation in history that a problem even exists, and the alarm's been going off since before you were born.

Human beings are at their best when cornered like an animal. We can solve any problem if we are willing to throw enough money and talent at it.

Why are fossil fuels being phased out? Advancements in technology made other energy sources cheaper. Not because anyone gave a poo poo about the world dying.

If the cost of not doing something starts to outweigh doing something, then something will be done.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
There was a trans dude who was most definitely not passable who tried to use the womens bathroom in a building i use to work in. He got hounded out by the women.

Kept seeing this person in the mens bathroom after that and exchanged a "sup" every now and then. I felt bad for her (if i was to be respectful) but at the same time i can understand the opposition

Just have one womens bathroom and turn the mens one into a unisex one. Men dont really care and sometimes women use the mens anyway because the lines can be too long in their own one.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Also lol @ this being a political issue worthy of lengthy studies and discussion. Divide and conquer at its best

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Kjoery posted:

rational discussion is futile with the Enemy, because they are inherently irrational in their ideals.

vehemently believing oneself to be at war with an enemy that cannot be reasoned with leads to a breakdown of communication. communication breakdowns mean that the "Other Side" cant try to represent their side and their perspectives.

These two things are exactly what "the frog men", "deplorables", "racist bigot nazis" and *insert other label used to invalidate the opinions of millions* believe was happening to them.

Thats why the pendulum is swinging so hard to the other side.

Culture war is counterproductive I agree but a large segment of the population felt like they had no voice in politics, media or academia.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I dont know if you guys noticed but the majority of this thread is filled with arguing over what and who is a racist or a transphobe while ignoring the massive backlash against the political establishment that united people behind Trump.

Thats how strongly the political elites have brainwashed the population. Identity politics is always first and foremost point of contention and it drowns out everything else.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Imo political views are a circle rather than a line. Go too far right and you end up resembling the left and vice versa.

Both sides have racists, either through "kill whiteys" or "kill muslims". Its an eternal culture war and what needs to happen is people say "you know what this actually is all bullshit" and topple the political elite.

A lot of people supporting Trump either think hes legit going to MAGA or that things need to burn down and hit rock bottom before it changes. Because the status quo has been the same and has been poo poo for 2 decades now.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Racism will never be solved 100%. Making it better is an ongoing project that needs to be worked on and maintained constantly.

Thats why its a great tool for distracting the populace from turning on the elite.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Fog Tripper posted:

nope, still not a thing. dunk a pickle dillio

Lmao can you imagine him just chuckling to himself every time he writes it

He must be used to swinging and missing though if he works as the propaganda manager for a failed political party

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Putin could put his dick into the US presidents mouth while stuffing dollars into the thong of the first lady and it would be so bad that it would put them on par with Saudi Arabia.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Russians leaking information to directly influence the dumb American electorate is false, now watch my 500 part youtube series on why Pizza places actually sell children.

Do you know about the franklin coverup? Its either drugs or kids and i hope its drugs

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Nothing is immune to media spin. We are dealing with the whirling dervishes of politics.

Both democrats and republicans.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Too many people watched John Wick

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I dont think there are a lot of people here who truly support Trump. Most either have frothing at the mouth hatred towards him or are on the fence. The former lumps in the latter with the tea party.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Fog Tripper posted:

Maybe because US citizens might benefit if people didn't treat it like a team sport?

Hahahaha you loving rube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Kjoery posted:

what is there to be on the fence about regarding the administration specifically?

trump was a pathological liar during his campaign, and their administration has been spreading falsehoods about petty stuff like inaug numbers, to serious things like fabricating incidents, attacking the free press, and weirdly lying about sweden

he came out of the gate with an illegal EO, and then immediately criticized the courts when they struck it down for being obviously illegal

by any reasonable means, one should be questioning and heavily scrutinizing every action the administration takes at this point

Other than his stance on the environment and abortion, I agree with all of his policies and EO poo poo. I also agree with his position on introducing term limits and bullying American corporations through tax law to reshore their staff.

That being said I dont think he or his cabinet shouldnt be criticised or held accountable for doing or saying dumb poo poo.

But so far i feel that none of the criticism seems to make a compelling argument against his policies and i think his opposition is spending a lot of time, effort and money clutching at straws

• Locked thread