Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
War between the US and Russia is something that's been in the works for years now because every time a nation plans to break away from the US dollar, they are targeted and eliminated- Saddam's and Gaddafi's administrations were working on abandoning the dollar and establishing new gold-backed currency for the Middle East and Africa, respectively. Russia made their plans for economic independence clear a decade ago, possibly even starting up a new joint currency with China, and America has been mobilizing its population for war with them since.

A Russia-friendly executive administration probably couldn't do anything to prevent such a war since those decisions, ultimately, lie with America's financial institutions. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Trump administration and their Russian ties were all fabricated specifically to give the US military an excuse to officially start a war.

In this era of global trade, you either play by America's rules or you get wiped out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

She forgot to campaign lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORWM0ukT-Xw

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Americans definitely aren't in any position to criticize illegal invasions of sovereign states.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

The world is a better place than it was 30 years ago and that is worth protecting

1. Wrong. The unfettered global trade system which has sprung up between then and now has caused, and is causing, far more problems than it could ever hope to solve.
2. Wrong.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

3. Nothing wrong with me.
4. Nothing wrong with me.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

Counterpoint: We didn't have iPhones 30 years ago.

Portable and accessible internet/social media 24/7 is in the midst of driving the entire developed world into a collective mental breakdown so I wouldn't count this as a plus.

... or would I?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

because russia loving sucks and hacked the election

also they're threatening nato allies

also al-qaeda? lmao what is this 2002?

NATO is a terror organization.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

i think we can all agree that rich and powerful people are generally aware of the line between them and the rest of us.

i doubt obama is really the villain you make him out to be. more likely he is a person who enjoys the feeling of leadership and knows he's good at running things; he also probably wanted to improve the social landscape for needy americans. that he bombed the gently caress out of foreign countries probably wasn't what he signed up for, but he rolled up his sleeves and killed him some innocent kids because that's what the job takes. that makes him the kind of villain who turns to evil out of necessity and moral compromise -- not a mastermind who has everyone bamboozled and lives a double life.

bush was, in the end, a likable, easily controlled doofus.

i don't know what you're seeing when you look at donald trump, but the evidence is all there: he is a career conman and criminal who has avoided any kind of punishment because he talks a good game. your bias is pretty obvious, and that you consistently blind yourself to the history of his business practices is garrish and makes me uncomfortable.

It was very nice of Obama to wait for years and years and years to sign off on an executive order legalizing gay marriage until he could use it as a smokescreen to fast-track TPP through the House without an uproar. I'm sure he really deeply cared about America's minority groups and wasn't just cynically using them for his own ends.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Friendly reminder, Americans: the last president who actually cared about you guys and your well-being on any sort of sincere, human level was JFK, and you blew his head open. Nice job!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

come back when you've run the US of A without murdering a few innocents and i'll pin a medal on you and tell you you finally figured out how to make the world work without murder and moral compromise.

i didn't vote for him. i didn't vote for trump. i didn't vote for any of these people.

but i can guarantee you my neighbor, who is a nice enough guy, would kill a thousand innocents if you put him in that position, because gently caress it. people gotta eat somehow.

Hahahahaha

He was just followin' orders! Honest!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Those Turkish soldiers who carried out the Armenian Genocide did so only because they were forced into that position... I'd like to see you going a day without raping and gutting an Armenian. Go ahead, try!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Haverchuck posted:

putins game is to promote the rise of right wing nationalist governments all over the west with the end goal of weakening nato/un

I don't know why they even bother, NATO and the UN are capable of turning people against them just fine

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

nomadologique posted:

all you american poors out there crying about your misery, please, try to get a handle on how much better off you are than some schmuck in a fabric factory in bangladesh.

the reason for that is because your masters are rich, and let you eat their scraps.

without them, you too would be scraping mud out of a hole wishing to die a swift death.

This analogy doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering how those Bangladeshi factory workers (and Chinese sweatshop workers, and Congolese people getting their villages burned down, etc) are also miserable because of the American super-wealthy.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

it's always snarky poo poo with you

And I don't even know you. Buzz off.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

I know you

I'll buzz off when I want to

Why is nato a terrorist organization? Would you rather have russia own the poo poo out of Baltic countries or what?

They violently enforce America's world trade system and murder anyone who would dare devalue the US dollar. I guess 'terrorist' isn't entirely accurate, since they're not very open with their ideologies or intentions- they're more like the mafia, except way sketchier.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

sure sure

I think this is an extreme interpretation

so you would prefer to just let russia take over eastern europe?

oh and the snark is still there

It sucks for the Baltic States to have to switch between being enslaved by one criminalistic world superpower or another, but hopefully they'll be truly independent some day.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

ah yes another fine analysis by armchair geopolitical scientist lumpy the cook

you hate everything haha

I don't hate everything- I love people, and want them freed.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

so you want them freed to be under putin's yoke? lmao

you really must hate eastern europe to want to let the russians do whatever

No, freed from the hegemonic grip of all three military and financial superpowers.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

That Robot posted:

so you want them to be able to be exploited by larger countries? is that what you're saying? lol

"If we don't exploit them, They will!" Isn't a valid argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This thread's good now.

• Locked thread