Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Homestar Runner posted:

idgaf about the goon-fighting ITT but Mirthless u were one of the standout neolib retards in a forum loaded with retards throughout the entire election cycle and u have obviously learned nothing, like a retard

I voted for Bernie and defended him slavishly until the primary was over sometime in mid-march and I've never said the word Neoliberal without following it with "vampries", sorry buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Toadvine posted:

Bernie is still very much in the game just not the race for president. That he's still out there sticking it to big pharm, finance, and the executive office while supporting the American worker is a testament to the man's long held principles.

Can you imagine if he raised all those issues during the election then lost and gave up? Retreating from the public sphere and his supporters after a loss would honestly be cause to question his initial motives...

I'm pretty happy about this. It's good to see him getting out there and doing something even when it's pretty clear he's not going to get another shot at the presidency.

In a small part, I'm glad Trump won if only because it means we didn't elect a neoliberal candidate who will immediately cut ties with their grassroots support network as soon as they get elected

never gonna stop being mad at you, obama. never, never ever.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

rezatahs posted:

they like to pretend the content of the email leaks doesn't matter because :byodood: RUSSIA!!!!

the content of the email leaks is not why they pulled out of the south or lost the states they lost on ST2

The DNC meddling was awful and wrong and it might have mattered if Bernie had done better early in the race, but he started losing quickly and never turned it around

feelix posted:

A Trump victory is more conducive to someone like Bernie winning in the future than a Hillary victory would have been. I'm not surprised that a computer janitor that never went to college is short sighted and can't see past the current election, though.

I can absolutely see that. The problem is that I have a pretty dire need of the services offered under obamacare and so does my spouse, among a wide variety of other programs that are now severely at risk. When Hillary was the clear primary winner, I voted in my best interests, which is to say, the person who isn't pledging to dismantle healthcare and take away coverage for my chronic health conditions

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

these are the posts I live for, the posts of people admitting they were bought and sold on a vote because they're intense trogs

I wish more trump voters did this tbh

I didn't vote for Trump and didn't want him to win

If you weren't drive by shitposting you might have realized this

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

it wasn't about you voting for Trump lol

if you weren't a massive mongoloid you might have realized this

I don't know, man, I don't know what the gently caress you were trying to say. Maybe I'm a massive mongoloid, or maybe you don't know how to frame a statement in a coherent way? Or maybe you just waltzed into a conversation in the last five minutes and started making GBS threads all over your keyboard without reading the thread first?

i hit the little question mark and i already know the answer to this question

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

the rest of that comment posted:

How do you overlook Bernie's dishonesty, when the seemingly honest and genuine nature of his campaign is what got it started in the first place? It's the same thing with the general push over to full on hard negative politics - how are you still on board with this, a campaign and candidate that do not, in any way, resemble what you signed up for initially, save for a single campaign speech which has now been reused continuously for 9 months?

The dude was talking about a superdelegate revolt at the convention, something he drat well knew was impossible. For a couple of months there, Bernie went off the loving deep end. It wasn't helpful, it wasn't going to win the primary at that point, it wasn't going to win him supporters within the party, and it wasn't going to help defeat trump.

I was completely wrong about a lot in 2016 and I will own that, I'm corncobbed as gently caress right now, but it's factually accurate to say Bernie Sanders lost his primary and no matter how many signs you find of total and obvious corruption in the DNC, nothing will ever change the fact that Bernie Sanders pulled out of the majority of super tuesday states weeks before those primary contests and then under committed to multiple states on ST2.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fyodor posted:

that's what the gently caress im sayin dawg.

yeah you weren't responding to my response to you:

quote:

populism got trump elected, don't be retarded

the problem is that the left didn't think populism could win elections because neoliberals are retarded

• Locked thread