Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Isn't the New York Times owned by that guy who worked for the BBC when they were covering up Jimmy Seville's poo poo? Maybe he just runs the joint, but doesn't own it. Either way, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

XMNN posted:

lol how did this thread get worse

A thread is only bad when you read it.
Take this wisdom and use it recklessly.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

thathonkey posted:

there is a video of him being asked to read aloud part of a contract by a lawyer or something and he basically refuses to do it; ends up paraphrasing it. probably thought it was some kind of slick legal tactic but it does make it seem like he is barely literate.

I know that Richard Branson of the Virgin company is functionally illiterate from how dyslexic he is. Based on the way Trump operates, I'd suppose Easy D is also moderate-to-severe dyslexic.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

bernie camp learns nothing, fields idealistic candidate, comes second place again lol

There was interference from a foreign government tho. (Isreal)

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Jose Mengelez posted:

she did her time, whats the problem?

Once you get a taste for human blood, it changes you.

*or alternate response*

Aatrek.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
IT's too late I got the screen caps!!

The truth will out!!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

LOL holy poo poo. being a taxi driver is a more dangerous job you loving idiot.

Taxi drivers would probably be a lot safer if they were required to be armed and empowered to kill anyone who posed a threat to their life.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I just wanna see taxi drivers going around in pairs and handcuffing every fare at gunpoint. Bartenders operating from behind plexiglass and poo poo.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You mean like how every taxi driver is sitting in a taxi but not every cop is out on patrol and there's a huge number of administrative staff, that kind of proportion?

I think it's more like the proportion where a higher proportion of African Americans are in prison for criminal activity.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

thathonkey posted:

i believe that will happen too.

right after a nuclear war wipes out civilization as we know it.

Solar storm could happen any time. If some bunch of ppl want to harden themselves against that, it'd be pretty cool.

Sort of reminds me of how Buddhism has schools where different ppl will commit themselves to repeating a single activity in total discipline to see if there's a path to Nirvana through [jerkin it].

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

SBJ posted:

A good example is that we produce enough food to solve world hunger but the distribution is all hosed. New principles like vertical farming etc. Means that the population limit of the world can expand to levels previously thought to be unsustainable due to advancing tech.

Every generation has thought that this world was too small. Every generation was wrong. I believe there is a limit but it's way higher.

The limit is based on real world adoption. Not just, what can we think of, but how rapidly can we deploy it and start to adapt it to the problems that will inevitably rise in real world applications. For example, vertical farming is dumb as poo poo when storms the size of a continent will routinely rip across the surface of the Earth at 100mph. We can't even halt the acceleration of the growth of our problems. If you think that tech will save you, then you have no experience in the world. Walk into a hospital and see what kind of equipment they're dealing with. Most of it is 20+ years old. They still use fax machines as the primary way to shuttle documents. Meanwhile, we spend like 30% of our GDP on healthcare. Its hosed. We will not be able to produce and implement any solution in time for it to matter. As a reminder, we can't even convince half of the people in the most powerful nation in history that a problem even exists, and the alarm's been going off since before you were born.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
We already have a solution to racism it's called total human extinction please try to keep up.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

jan and feb 2017 are actually even less strong than june and july 2016

sorry you never learned to count. makes sense you would think trump is not far from the truth here

The tweet mentions LinkedIn, the website company, and their stats, not any national stats.

The web net interprise company Linked In has had a good 2 months of helping ppl find jobs through their job finder facebook clone bullshit.

In other words, our long national nightmare is over.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I blame the *looks around* natives...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

please tell me how the UK is unsustainable

When the next ice age hits, it will be frozen in a glacier.

• Locked thread