CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
Russian manchurian candidate is the left's version of pizzagate but instead of retarded 4chan posts about podesta's handkerchief it's retarded nyt/wapo huge black font headlines.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
Honestly I don't know what's worse; writing dorky lame rear end emails about what to eat while playing dominos or being a child abusing monster, probably the former.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Lunixnerd posted:

What do you guys think they meant with "playing dominoes on pizza or pasta"?

"playing dominoes on (a stomach full of) pizza or pasta"

CBT Time

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Tamera Luzzatto <tluzzatto@pewtrusts.org>
> wrote:
>
> With enormous gratitude to Advance Man Extraordinaire Haber, I am popping
> up again to share our excitement about the Reprise of Our Gang’s visit to
> the farm in Lovettsville. And I thought I’d share a couple more notes:
> We plan to heat the pool, so a swim is a possibility. Bonnie will be
> Uber Service to transport Ruby, Emerson, and Maeve Luzzatto (11, 9, and
> almost 7) so you’ll have some further entertainment, and they will be in
> that pool for sure. And with the forecast showing prospects of some sun,
> and a cooler temp of lower 60s, I suggest you bring sweaters of whatever
> attire will enable us to use our outdoor table with a pergola overhead so
> we dine al fresco (and ideally not al-CHILLo).
Wealthy suburban mom furnishing her own children to pedophiles or just a super dorky email?

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
Pizzagate = fake
Russian stooge = fake
Clinton foundation = holyyy poo poo this one is definitely al-CHILLo. Like all the emails talking about Chelsea getting too close to the truth and the hand wringing by the Teneo guys. The emails are pretty drat damning if you actually dig into it. Surprised it isn't a bigger deal but I guess speculating on how the word handkerchief really means semen is more fun.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
People turn to conspiracies for psychological comfort. They allow people to believe we don't live in a crazy unpredictable world where JFK can get his head blown off by a nutjob or psychopaths can level two skyscrapers. Some omnipotent government is in control of everything and even if they are evil at least someone is in control.

The Russian conspiracy allows people to believe that Trump didn't fairly win an election, and half of America isn't behind him. The pendulum did not swing the other way; instead it's all a dastardly plot by the Russians and many gullible fellow Americans have just been brainwashed by fake news. If they just try hard enough they can uncover the plot and we can put this whole mess behind us.

For pizzagate I guess the appeal is that the who's who of hated and corrupt elites is finally going to meet justice. They'll rot in prison rather than be comfortable millionaires living out pleasant lives. People on both sides need to accept reality, be rational, and stop embarrassing themselves.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Manafort resigned (or was asked to resign by Trump) because of his Russian ties.

Flynn was fired by Trump, not the democrats.

Sessions recused himself from any investigations involving the Russian hacking of our elections.

Maybe if Trump wants people to stop talking about his ties to Russia he should stop firing people for their ties to Russia.

Flynn was fired for lying. Sessions recusing is easy to understand. If you are serious about putting an end to rumors you want to avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest. There's very little information about what really went down with Manafort but again it was likely to get people quit playing six degrees of Vladimir Putin. You can criticize Trump for getting rid of these people but not getting rid of them would look less guilty somehow? Manafort where Bannon is now, Flynn still Flynning, and Sessions saying deal with it? A huge swath of the IC would love to take Trump down and the best they can come up with is "no evidence". the truth is out there

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Thank you friends for your advice on what the democrats should be doing instead of hyping the "Compromised by Russia" thing.

It is very kind of you. You are good people.

"yes comrade, I know it is unconventional but psyops campaigns at the tail end of a 2/5 thread on a dead gay forum are the secret to destroying the Democrats!"

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

dude nunes himself in that article says it looked like incidental collection in which the trump team communicated with the actual targets of the surveillance. and it turns out the targets of said surveillance were a russian money laundering ring operating out of a trump tower penthouse suite three floors below trump's. so uh

The surveillance happened during the transition months not 2013.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Trump wasn't being wiretapped wrt his election or anything involving Obama or anything else so even if in the pursuit of gathering intel on this money laundering ring they got some incidental communication (which is like, "Hey how are you doing" in the elevator) it has no relevance to anything Trump was talking about whatsoever in his allegations against Obama.

The FBI director James Comey, who kicked HRC in the shins a week before election day, came out and said "we weren't wiretapping Trump and there is no basis at all for that accusation" :shrug:

Is he biased now when the facts don't go Trumps way but before he wasn't biased when it was tilting against HRC?

You must have a lovely news source. Listen to the actual press conference maybe?

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
Pretty wild seeing our biased rear end media refusing to cover the Susan Rice story. I'll have to remember to point back to this next time someone jumps to defend wapo/nyt/cnn. Like how can you look at all this and just be all "yep, looks above board to me nothing newsworthy here." And just so we are clear, this will be totally okay and cool for Trump to do in 2019/2020?

CBT Time fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 4, 2017

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
It's only a matter of time before Iran and North Korea get ICBMs. If you thought the cold war was tense, oh man. What I'm saying is we better brush up on our duck and cover skills. If Trump is lucky he can just ignore the situation and kick the can down the road like the last few presidents, but we'll se- wait a loving second! did I just get red-herringed off of the absolutely massive revelations that the Obama administration spied the poo poo out of Trump? Nice try.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
I'm fine with the missile strike. I don't care how moderate you are and how many ISIS you kill, you can't just gas folks. That said, I'm getting major heebie jeebies about the evil msm loving this.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Blue Train posted:

Is it cool when we blow up weddings and villages full of civilians because we're not using gas or should some other country missile strike the us

If our military gassed some beautiful babies I would welcome retaliatory strikes.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Blue Train posted:

So the 8 year old trump murdered in his first military excursion is fine

Isn't this the old train tracks dilemma? On one track we sit back, have no blood on our hands, while ISIS and others go hog wild mowing down people in trucks, commiting genocide, and beheading and crucifying children. On the other track we try do something about it but inevitably civilians get killed because that's a reality of war. Is there a third track you'd like to throw out there? Also lol at insinuating kids getting killed is exclusively a Trump thing and exceptional in any way.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Blue Train posted:

The third track is ISIS is a direct result of our previous interference in the middle east, as was al qaeda, and maybe if we stopped bombing random countries the citizens of those countries would stop saying death to america

E: also it is Trump who is using the dead kids as justification when he literally has child blood on his hands

So barring a time machine your third track is just my first track right?

You're making a false equivalence with dead kid situations here. Chemical weapons deliver an especially agonizing death, indiscriminantly, and over a wide area. There wouldn't be this kind of reaction if Syrian soldiers accidently shot however many children in a raid.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
Great news for the pro-chemical weapon crowd: Anti bombing Syria protests this weekend featuring none other than Ricky Spencer! Have a great time with insane conspiracy theorists and white supremacists convinced this is all the work of our Jewish puppet masters!

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005
It's midnight, you're shitposting on something awful. Outside the window a deranged man gets out of his car with a butcher's knife. He's broken into your neighbor's house. Now he's slicing the throats of your neighbor's children on the front lawn. "Better just sit here and do nothing because it's not me" you say as you draw the blinds.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Toadvine posted:

Your metaphors take after their creator: both are simple

Your mom is simple. Ad hominem is a simple response when you don't have a counterargument deeper than a hippy peace sign.

CBT Time fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 9, 2017

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Toadvine posted:

You don't have an argument you have a simple emotional metaphor for a complex international crisis with a straw man on top.

I explained how I felt about the strike previously. You? Nothing beyond vague opposition. If you are so opposed you must have a better alternative to share with us. Surely.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Krustic posted:

Meanwhile an insane fat Korean dictator with nukes who's citizens routinely starve to death is not an issue. China should deal with it.

Aha, I've finally figured out how to fix North Korea, first we send a squadro- *Seoul gets leveled*. There's no solution to the North Korean problem that doesn't end with hundreds of thousands dead. Kick the can down the road until they get ICBMs and poo poo gets really interesting, hopelessly try to economic sanction them to death (with China's help), aaand that's about it.

CBT Time
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

Yeah this is totally a good analogy. Also have you stopped to think that Trump is actually the real victim here and leftists are the real racists?

Yeah without explaining why you disagree I'm kinda left thinking it's a totally good analogy. And what the hell are you talking about racism for?

  • Locked thread