Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A misanthrope posted:

automation took the jobs, and now even the manufacturing that was moved overseas is being automated. your iphone was made by a robot.

If you keep humping this narrative it'll make a baby you can't abort. Bring back artesian iPhones, bring back manufacturing to the working class.

*doesn't want to work for a secondary degree, feels entitled to a living wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mirthless posted:

your iphone was made by a robot and it still costs 700 dollars

iphones have never sprung water from the ground and even if they had they were never built in the USA and never could be

They could be cheaper if there was less emphasis on profit margins. Right now stock is just wealth transfer to the wealthy. A diversification of oligarchs. Apple just needs to accept that in this presidency, the costs of relocating American factory jobs is ultimately a losing gamr. Ameicans putting screws and soldering parts in phones is the future. Same as coal energy.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Woden posted:

Wall Street is going to get crushed by automation too though, humans are terrible at investing.

Lol, so true, AI will kill financial advisors.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mirthless posted:

you work the most replaceable middle management job in one of the leading drivers of the death of traditional employment, lol, i cannot believe anyone can really be this thick

you really don't

you would know this if you'd ever actually done one of these coal, manufacturing, or warehousing jobs you seem to think really need saving

Oh I don't know, I work in finance, and I should make minimum wage. I will be replaced by an excel macro in the near future. I only hope I make retirement before then. LMFAO

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Illegals will be rounded up in "camps" in the deserts of Southern california, recently vacated by Japanese nationals, until they can be conveniently transported back to their native lands. Does anyone have an inside on barbed wire and car batteries?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Must be nice to float ideas and then leak them and then call them fake. Lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's an American mythology perpetuated by liberal school teachers that the Bowling Green Massacre was seen as a bad thing at the time it happened

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Waterbed Wendy posted:

We had father-daughter dances in Girl Scouts. It was basically a fun way to have a family night out where you get to dress up and dance the Twist with your dad and then go eat cookies with your friends. It's not like they were playing Jamaican Dancehall music or whatever.

Daggering Dad videos should definitely not be a thing I am thinking about when you mention Jamaican dancehall.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

scrubs season six posted:

Why on earth would I give a poo poo what the state government in Kansas is?

Redistricting. Welcome to Pax-Repubican

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

do u know jenny posted:

Kansas has the nickname Brownbackistan because of how absolutely terrible the state is doing after Governor Brownback tried to make it a libertarian paradise. Seriously he completely hosed the state.

Adding to this: states that completely gently caress themselves require federal assistance to unfuck themselves. So your federal tax dollars go to fund Kansas state idiocy.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's actually more a commentary on how detractors have never attempted to do anything with their lives. They don't understand that for every 8 businesses only 1 succeeds. It's hard to do things in life. But you keep trying, no matter how much you fail.

And then one day, after much failure, you can become the president by just working hard day in day out.

But you're a little Canadian commie, so you don't get that.

All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

S. Beckett

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I did not like the plan of selling our country out piecemeal, almost quite literally as our #1 export is the scrap metal from our once vibrant industries

So I voted for Hopefully not this Plan

Lol, no it isnt. Why do you think that?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

solar energy panel posted:

Donald Trump printed out made-up £300bn Nato invoice and handed it to Angela Merkel
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...g-a7650636.html

There is a nonzero chance that Trump used a $ and not the pound or euro symbol.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

T.S. Smelliot posted:

"One German minister described the reported move by Mr Trump as "outrageous"."

HOW DARE HE suggest we pay for part of our own sovereign defense!! The lunatic FASCIST!

They should turn on their monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

a bone to pick posted:

I want to be Ivanka's personal toilet

New posting game:
Trump or Dare?

• Locked thread