Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Was it trying to eat a deer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mordaedil posted:

Shoebill functions:
1) Is this food?
2) Let me try to eat it
3) Goto 1

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mordaedil posted:

if its body language is like parrots, then it was telling that deer to gently caress off as far as i can see.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/no818/status/837227366644506624

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Condiv posted:

if its body language is like parrots, then it was telling that deer to gently caress off as far as i can see.

oh yeah, that's definite 'gently caress off' behavior. Just not as severe as it could have been (I.E. actual biting) but enough where you can tell it's clearly annoyed and saying 'go away, my mouth is open which is all the better for me to bite a fool like you.' The jerky headthrust just kind of underlines the intent tbh.

Getting back on topic, I love all the little touches this show has so much. i noticed when serval's ears twigged to Margay (due to my dog having floppy ears, thus me being used to catching little changes in ear swivels like that) but I didn't even notice her face changes once she notices that the noise is happening and that it takes her a longer time to react to it (because animal sound to reaction time varies and is actually kinda bad in most cases! Fun fact, we're one of the few non-prey species that have an incredibly fast sound to reaction time, most likely due to the fact that while we were big enough (and smart enough/built for endurance enough) to hunt a wide variety of things, we could still very easily get our asses handed to us by local wildlife. So the ones of us that reacted faster to noises actually lived long enough to breed, and there you go.

I am a fount of too much animal trivia send help

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If a cockatoo Friend appeared, she would be smarter than any human, but still yelling all the time and destroying everything around her meticulously.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ah, you must be a friend thats a twisted psychopath!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Japan's Kemofure memes have advanced far beyond ours. Apparently there's a thing where Jaguar gets depicted as a "sporty girl" with sports shirts and a gym towel (because Puma makes sporting goods and pumas are kind of like jaguars?!) and it's just been run through so many meme-cycles that it's become almost inscrutable. Also features her water taxi as a soba cart, and she's frequently depicted with "Savannah Striped Giant Slug" a.k.a. Zebra-chan as seen from behind in the first episode.

In short... わからん。

Anyway, here's some slightly more scrutable pics:

"Serval Hugpillow"

A previous pic expanded with more Friends:

"My nose is warm~ My ears are cold~"

A Friend Who's Good at Computers posted:

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Friends, is in fact, Kemono/Friends, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Kemono as Friends. Friends is not a life unto itself, but rather another living component of a fully functioning Kemono Domain made humanoid by the Sandstar deposits, animal traits and vital bodily functions comprising a full living being as defined by JAPARI.

Many animals have been functioning in humanoid form every day without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the bipedal body form which is widely used today is called "Kemono/Friends", and many of the animals are not aware that it is basically just an altered form which came about from the Sandstar eruption.

These "friends" are definitely living beings capable of cognition, speech and being wholly sapient. However, they are not friends on their own volition; they can only be considered as such after their transformation through Sandstar exposure: the whole Kemono Friends is basically animal with Sandstar transformation, or Kemono/Friends. All the so called "friends" are really just independent species to Kemono/Friends.

cathead fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 5, 2017

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

*starting episode 5*
"...oh motherfu- it's a portmanteau of Japan and safari, I'm an idiot, ffffuuuu- welcometoyoukosoujaparipark, hm hm hm..."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really like how Yoshizaki gave Friends of a certain animal type certain common traits, but still kept them relatively distinct rather than as palette swaps.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I'm glad kemofure has got futaba's meme wheels spinning again

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So apparently all of Toki's songs were ad-libs by the voice actor...wow.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what did he mean by this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it should just go without saying that she was singing from the heart

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ok but what did this guy

Space Flower posted:

I'm glad kemofure has got futaba's meme wheels spinning again
mean by this

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

ok but what did this guy

mean by this

futaba = 2chan
Maybe they were collectively in a slump? I don't know.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

nielsm posted:

futaba = 2chan
Maybe they were collectively in a slump? I don't know.

I think he's just talking about how it's been awhile since 2chan has been so collectively focused on a series. When that happens you tend to get the most bizarre and creative memes/art/shitposts due to so many people contributing to it so quickly.

But yeah, I can see why calling them futaba might be confusing for our resident poster. :v:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

So Jaguar's meme-outfit may have been inspired by a shot of her where the angle makes it look like she's wearing a t-shirt with a print on it and her collar is a towel.

I guess at this point this picture series is just her following in Bag/Serval and Arai/Fennec's footsteps and hanging out with all the other friends.

Anyway, have a Serval.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
her crocs really make that series

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how the zebra slug turned into a meme

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cathead posted:

So Jaguar's meme-outfit may have been inspired by a shot of her where the angle makes it look like she's wearing a t-shirt with a print on it and her collar is a towel.

I guess at this point this picture series is just her following in Bag/Serval and Arai/Fennec's footsteps and hanging out with all the other friends.

Anyway, have a Serval.

わからん

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cathead posted:

I think he's just talking about how it's been awhile since 2chan has been so collectively focused on a series. When that happens you tend to get the most bizarre and creative memes/art/shitposts due to so many people contributing to it so quickly.

But yeah, I can see why calling them futaba might be confusing for our resident poster. :v:

it was totally a deliberate post to make me point it out and look like a fool

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/838459105341628416

I demand Tachikoma Friend makes an appearance.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Futaba Anzu posted:

it was totally a deliberate post to make me point it out and look like a fool

i just shorten your name in my head to futa anzu so i didnt notice

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/838459105341628416

I demand Tachikoma Friend makes an appearance.

Oh man

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

maybe the ceruleans are the collective conscience of humans

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
humans all turned into cerulean stones after failing to draw their granblue waifu before the limited period ended

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Kaban is the one human who's managed to resist the siren call of gacha games, and the mental stress of it has given her amnesia.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crested Ibis makes a heck of an entrance.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

a kitten posted:

Crested Ibis makes a heck of an entrance.

Ahhh nakama

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe Serval loving murdered that penguin.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it's the law of the jungle venue

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tfw you stage dive and no one catches you

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I'm not alone anymore