Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Space Flower posted:

I was blind, but now I see. Thank you Jesus

actually i think thats alucard. thanks alucard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I noticed CR changed the subtitles from "Bag-chan" to "Kaban-chan". I'm not sure why they would.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They must have changed the old episodes too, I just recently started and that's been her name the whole time for me.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Blhue posted:

actually i think thats alucard. thanks alucard

isnt that the jesus Friend from uh, HnK

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Davincie posted:

this episode was an absolute gamechanger, nothing will be the same ever again

Yeah it was a fun ep. The foxes were cute and I was wondering if they were ever going to do a joke about the Friends' clothes.

Also the loving EPIC cerulean avalanche, I was on the edge of my seat. :rock:

*ceruleans slowly slide down mountain without actually rolling*

*music buildup except they forgot the drop and it's just awawawawa instead*

I love this silly show so much.

edit: So someone pointed out that Aya Uchida is both Mirai and Kaban's VA. If Sandstar is able to change something "that was once an animal" into a Friend, that might make it possible for Kaban to be a reborn Mirai as a Human Friend. The obvious (and rather morbid) possibility aside, since Arai-san mentions the hat was "stolen" when the eruption happened, it's possible that might have been the catalyst.

Anyway, here's some silly pictures:

Arai-san washes a sodium tablet:

Jaguar Saga continues:

cathead fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 8, 2017

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3N_Lkgftc4

Am I the only one?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I liked the implication that Friends either never have to poo poo or else have spent their entire lives just making GBS threads their pants.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Space Flower posted:

isnt that the jesus Friend from uh, HnK

Yes.

His name is Toki.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I liked the implication that Friends either never have to poo poo or else have spent their entire lives just making GBS threads their pants.

It's okay, you're just a Friend who is constantly making GBS threads your pants,

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Oh wow, I guess that Bald Eagle is a friend who is good at fighting lava monsters.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The fox Friends are good and the clothes gag was great.

A good and incredibly lewd hot springs ep.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I refuse to believe Serval can operate a zipper.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

kater posted:

I refuse to believe Serval can operate a zipper.

A friend who can't handle the truth.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

This episode starred ???? as Lucky Beast, Mirai, and ????. I guess the last one is the mysterious silhouette in the window?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

cathead posted:

Jaguar Saga continues:

I saw Jaguar's hair spots as a spider face as I was glancing over these pictures, and now I can't un-see it.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqqTtRXpvrs

i cant believe this wasnt bullshit

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Araki posted:

This episode starred ???? as Lucky Beast, Mirai, and ????. I guess the last one is the mysterious silhouette in the window?

Nah, it's probably the other voice on Mirai's recording. Current theory for that is that because it sounds like the VA for Serval from the game, it might be a different Serval (which would sort of hint that Kaban and Serval's meeting was somewhat fated), but Game Serval's VA is also Giraffe next week so it's possible it could be her and she has more info about Mirai. Guess we'll see!

Also Mirai and Lucky Beast are both Aya Uchida (also Kaban's VA as I mentioned a few posts back).

(edited for a bit more clarity)

cathead fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 8, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
There's an honest to god mystery here and I wanna know what happens, drat.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the plot thickens and so have I.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

There's an honest to god mystery here and I wanna know what happens, drat.

The Dharma Japari Initiative has a lot of secrets to reveal.

Looking forward to meeting the mole who has to push a button every 108 minutes or the park explodes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

kaban is dead mirai reincarnated and also ceruleans are live Humans who were touched by sandstar japari buns is people

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what if it's all just a lie

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I hope they feature more of the Owlets.
https://twitter.com/tarooooooh/status/839375095239954432

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I further demand that Squid Friend also makes an appearance

https://twitter.com/shirai32row/status/839635532732772353

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Man, I wish this show was better. This last episode really showed every single weakness the show has, from the literally three songs in its soundtrack to the awkward timing between both comedic and dramatic beats to the lack of any real animation. The avalanche scene had literally zero tension in it since any motion that could have shown the characters actually hurrying to save themselves happened entirely offscreen, leaving awkward pauses where action should have been, and their escape managed to feel like a huge rear end-pull because neither that run nor the skis were even shown on-screen before the instant they were needed. I bet that 80% of the entire animation budget went into those dancing penguins last episode, leaving just scraps for the actual life-threatening peril that they didn't actually convey.

The gags are good, the animals are well-characterized, and the mystery is compelling, but apart from that I have no idea why I keep watching this pile of garスッゴイィィ! たのしいぃぃぃぃ!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

blastron posted:

I bet that 80% of the entire animation budget went into those dancing penguins last episode, leaving just scraps for the actual life-threatening peril that they didn't actually convey.

Sounds to me like they made the right decision.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Gosh, it's almost like they didn't actually expect this show to work at all or something.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Mordaedil posted:

Gosh, it's almost like they didn't actually expect this show to work at all or something.

Like in a Spring time for Hitler kind of way?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Welcome to Japari Park, where it's wild and crazy every day!

Laugh out loud and you'll find a Friend!
We fight and make a mess, but we get along

You'll find lots of animals but no lone wolves
Because there's nothing but love here
Now take our hand and join us on an adventure!

(1 2 3)

We come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, but that's what brings us together
So put your finger up to the sunset
It's so great to meet you. I want to know all about you!

Turn around and you're sure to find trouble!
What the heck? Everyone's got their own way, own place, own talk

We're all animals, so give us a break
Everyone's just living free
So relax and be yourself!

(Come on in!)

Nice to meet you, Japari Park! Make yourself right at home
There's always a friendly smile waiting for you
The gates are open, tell us about your dreams
And start a great and endless journey!

Howl to the east
And howl to the west
And fill the whole world with the safari's melody

Welcome to Japari Park!

La la la la
La la la la oh welcome to the Japari Park
La la la la
La la la la la all Friends come together
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la la for a magical journey!
Welcome to Japari Park!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Caphi posted:

Laugh out loud and you'll find a Friend!
We fight and make a mess, but we get along

You'll find lots of animals but no lone wolves
Because there's nothing but love here
Now take our hand and join us on an adventure!

(1 2 3)

Turn around and you're sure to find trouble!
What the heck? Everyone's got their own way, own place, own talk

We're all animals, so give us a break
Everyone's just living free
So relax and be yourself!

(Come on in!)

Nice to meet you, Japari Park! Make yourself right at home
There's always a friendly smile waiting for you
The gates are open, tell us about your dreams
And start a great and endless journey!

Howl to the east
And howl to the west
And fill the whole world with the safari's melody

Welcome to Japari Park!

La la la la
La la la la
La la la la la all Friends come together
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la la for a magical journey!
Welcome to Japari Park!

:yeah:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Just missing that apathic laugh and the double "welcome to welcome to Japari Park".

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

blastron posted:

Man, I wish this show was better. This last episode really showed every single weakness the show has, from the literally three songs in its soundtrack to the awkward timing between both comedic and dramatic beats to the lack of any real animation. The avalanche scene had literally zero tension in it since any motion that could have shown the characters actually hurrying to save themselves happened entirely offscreen, leaving awkward pauses where action should have been, and their escape managed to feel like a huge rear end-pull because neither that run nor the skis were even shown on-screen before the instant they were needed. I bet that 80% of the entire animation budget went into those dancing penguins last episode, leaving just scraps for the actual life-threatening peril that they didn't actually convey.

The gags are good, the animals are well-characterized, and the mystery is compelling, but apart from that I have no idea why I keep watching this pile of garスッゴイィィ! たのしいぃぃぃぃ!

Counterpoint: this episode could not have been any better

every cut corner is a charm point

I hope they are simply saving the remaining budget for the harbor or the final season episode

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mordaedil posted:

Just missing that apathic laugh and the double "welcome to welcome to Japari Park".

I won't lie: Every time I hear "Welcome to ようこそ Japari Park へ", I cringe a bit.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/dogrunes/status/839758938887245824

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Knowing how trends on the Internet and the way it always, without fail, goes I worry a little about this show post-airing.

Though I would like to hear if any goons can reassure me this isn't going to end up the same as MLP did.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Mordaedil posted:

Though I would like to hear if any goons can reassure me this isn't going to end up the same as MLP did.

This show has a huge Japanese fanbase that primarily likes it because it's a cute show about cute weird animal girls being friends and they don't feel insecure or uncomfortable about liking it on those merits alone. I'd like to think most of the English-speaking fandom is the same way, but even if they aren't there's at least one fandom that's just going to keep appreciating it sincerely.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Knowing how trends on the Internet and the way it always, without fail, goes I worry a little about this show post-airing.

It won't because the MLP stuff all happened while it was airing and it seemingly all but vanished from the internet once it ended and they found something new to latch on to.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

blastron posted:

I'm not convinced that they were intending to convey life-threatening peril in the first place. I could definitely see them looking at the scene and being like "man, there's no way we can make actually this look cool and actiony without a ton of extra work" and decided to just ham it up instead. I think they pulled it off in a way that probably only this show specifically could get away with at this point. The rest of the episode was pretty great too, so it's like whatever man.

Mordaedil posted:

Considering what Japan has been able to do with fandoms like Touhou and Kancolle that don't have a huge depth of source material and pretty infrequent updates, I think it'll be fine. Yoshizaki mentioned they want to keep the project going anyway so I expect we'll get a dripfeed of new stuff enough for the meme/doujin wheels to continue to turn.

Since I'm postin I'll post some art too!

That wasn't very Kashikoi of you

gently caress tha police comin straight from Japari Park

And finally... NEXT TIME, ON DENSETSU NO WAKARAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I love the zebra slug meme.