Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Julias posted:

I won't lie: Every time I hear "Welcome to ようこそ Japari Park へ", I cringe a bit.

:same:

e: also "welcome to the Japari Park"

Caphi fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

Like in a Spring time for Hitler kind of way?

So you're a Friend that's good at accounting scams?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

I mean imaginary some hypothetical higher layer of needs for Maslow's pyramid of needs might be overdoing it but in general I can't object to any of this.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ah, I wasnt expecting to see a slow blink feline strip.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This show is an exploration of cognitive dissonance.

As such, I have to ask, why zebra slug, where did this cone from?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

This show is an exploration of cognitive dissonance.

As such, I have to ask, why zebra slug, where did this cone from?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I hope we see more of the Friend based on the best animal, capybara-chan

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I, too, hope to see the cardboard cutout of the Capybara reappear

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

So I've been wondering about that. Is she wearing a hoodie with her ears on the inside so it pokes up or is that her hair?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Gloomy Rube posted:

So I've been wondering about that. Is she wearing a hoodie with her ears on the inside so it pokes up or is that her hair?

It's just her hair, it's very long.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Is this based on some cat folk tail or something?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I think it's just a joke about how Friends have no idea how their clothes work since they didn't even know they could be removed.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I hope bald eagle appears

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Why do they need to get new logs? Those logs all still seemed fine.

I hope someone got fired for this blunder.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/knew_unknown/status/840700395882131456

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
わーい!たーのしー!

Also looks better than the actual anime.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

OH I just got it

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kemono Friends Gets Original Content on TV Tokyo's Streaming Service

Interesting, I wonder what it will be. There's also supposed to be an anthology manga with like 20 contributors coming out soon as well.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
All of the animal facts should be done by the Tsuchinoko dude

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

the last episode with the red fox featured ... a french canadian zookeeper?

I took french a long time ago and I had a horrible time trying to pick out her words because of the audio quality

it's still fun though

and I wonder if the inevitable english dub will redo those sections in english with a studio-quality recording so they can more easily pawn this off as "edutainment"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

el dorito posted:

the last episode with the red fox featured ... a french canadian zookeeper?

I took french a long time ago and I had a horrible time trying to pick out her words because of the audio quality

it's still fun though

and I wonder if the inevitable english dub will redo those sections in english with a studio-quality recording so they can more easily pawn this off as "edutainment"

Yup, I had to look up the zoo as a Quebec Montrealer I didn't know that part of Quebec was populated at all!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah, so Tsuchinoko is a friend that may or may not exist!

Also the first episode broke three million views on Nico Nico, which only Attack on Titan and School-Live have previously done.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 14, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

cathead posted:

I think it's just a joke about how Friends have no idea how their clothes work since they didn't even know they could be removed.

People are starting to expand on that
https://twitter.com/kuroganbati/status/840926992170065923

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

huge cliffhanger

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
What the gently caress, the story got a whole lot darker.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
I mean yeah the plot dumps were pretty intriguing and it ended on a very gently caress-you note (on the same level as the ending of Twin Peaks), BUT there's something I wanna discuss.

This loving shot.

I don't know why but it made me burst out laughing. After the scene is already over, it just lingers on this for 3 seconds and then CUT.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I got the impression with that shot that they were trying to bait you into thinking something was going to pop up or jump out behind them, and then it didn't.

Anyway, a great episode, I really liked the bigger plot stuff and the episode's own smaller plot about the mystery was great. The wolf being the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" was an amusing reference.

Serval tearing up at seeing her ancestor(?) tugged at the heartstrings quite a bit, and I'm sort of curious as to what really triggered it. I've seen some theories that if she's a reincarnation (due to the Sandstar) she may have repressed memories of the past Serval, but maybe it's just that she instinctively sees her as an older sister or mother-like figure.

I'm a little worried that we're veering into some rather dark territory with regard to what may have happened to Mirai and how Kaban is related to that, but we'll have to see how this all resolves in the end. I hope we get something happy/positive.

Also probably worth noting that Caracal is Manga/Game Serval's best friend, so I think they're making somewhat of a connection there.

Man, they really nailed the pacing and plot development with this show.

cathead fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 15, 2017

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

creator's pixiv page: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=161528

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Phimose Knight posted:

I mean yeah the plot dumps were pretty intriguing and it ended on a very gently caress-you note (on the same level as the ending of Twin Peaks), BUT there's something I wanna discuss.

This loving shot.

I don't know why but it made me burst out laughing. After the scene is already over, it just lingers on this for 3 seconds and then CUT.

it made me laught a lot when it happened

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh my god

friend shaped ceruleans were real

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Phimose Knight posted:

This loving shot.

Given the very next scene and the solution to the mystery there should be a "ghost" or at least a shadow there, but it's like it wasn't drawn in. Weird.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I want 20.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Davincie posted:

oh my god

Not concerned that things are going to get darker now

If they make friends with a cerulean then things are going to be okay.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

la la la la
lala la la

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wait just a drat minute, birds can't sense the heat from capsicums.
This whole episode is built on a lie! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Davincie posted:

oh my god

kemofure ep 11