Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Annointed posted:

Excuse me but who is this person you're quoting?

Kimura is the director, the person who wishes for his life to be finished if possible is a random who nevertheless got 39 likes for the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Beato Believer posted:

So, did those of us who refused to watch season two make the wise choice?

Yeah, unless you have a kink for trainwreck bad entertainment and like the sense of befuddlement they impose.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kaban didn't deserve this

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Agronox posted:

Kimura is the director, the person who wishes for his life to be finished if possible is a random who nevertheless got 39 likes for the message.

Understood thank you. Wow it seems like Kemono Friends season 2 was just bad. A shame. I kind of wanted it to be like Kekkai Sensen where despite changing directors the season was still good.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I heard there were some good points, like character designs.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zeruel posted:

Are they not using the same character designer that's been on the series since before season 1?

edit: i mean if they are, it's a thing that's left over from before they didn't gut, rather than a point that's really in favor of season 2

Zereth fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 2, 2019

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/kemono_friends3/status/1112973877431267329

by popular demand

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

KF3 is a game of some sort.

Meanwhile, KF2 12 has dethroned Arc-V as the most disliked episode on NND. Record breaking!

【ニコ生アニメアンケート評価1ワーストランキング】
01位.けものフレンズ2 12話(2.6%)new!
02位.遊戯王ARC-V148話(2.8%)
03位.けものフレンズ2 11話 (2.9%)
04位.けものフレンズ2 9話(3.0%)
05位.遊戯王ARC-V143話(3.2%)
06位.遊戯王ARC-V141話(4.3%)
07位.遊戯王ARC-V142話(4.7%)
08位.けものフレンズ2 10話(5.3%)
09位.遊戯王ARC-V145話(5.4%)
10位.王様ゲームThe Animation12話(5.7%)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I really liked how they kept grinding Kaban losing S1 Serval into your face right up to the end. It's like they were trying to be as hostile as possible to fans of season one from the word go. :pwn:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 2, 2019

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Usually twitter translation doesn't work at all, but this time I think it nailed it..
:smith:

[edit] Also they got blocked by Kimura..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 2, 2019

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

What a shame this whole season 2 has been. I'm not even angry, just sad that this is what fans who stuck around got.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Annointed posted:

What a shame this whole season 2 has been. I'm not even angry, just sad that this is what fans who stuck around got.

It would’ve been heartbreaking had Tatsuki not gotten another show. But Kemurikusa exists and was pretty good, so I try to remain positive.

Last night I re-read some of the earliest pages of this thread. It was fun to see most people turn around on S1 from “what is this janky garbage” to “oh this is adorable and I want to post 400 pieces of fan art.”

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Agronox posted:

It would’ve been heartbreaking had Tatsuki not gotten another show. But Kemurikusa exists and was pretty good, so I try to remain positive.

Last night I re-read some of the earliest pages of this thread. It was fun to see most people turn around on S1 from “what is this janky garbage” to “oh this is adorable and I want to post 400 pieces of fan art.”
Here's an image I saved from this thread:

Those were the days.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The animation is so lacking in keyframes. The animator just doesn't care and it shows so clearly.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

El Burbo posted:

Meanwhile, KF2 12 has dethroned Arc-V as the most disliked episode on NND. Record breaking!

【ニコ生アニメアンケート評価1ワーストランキング】
01位.けものフレンズ2 12話(2.6%)new!
02位.遊戯王ARC-V148話(2.8%)
03位.けものフレンズ2 11話 (2.9%)
04位.けものフレンズ2 9話(3.0%)
05位.遊戯王ARC-V143話(3.2%)
06位.遊戯王ARC-V141話(4.3%)
07位.遊戯王ARC-V142話(4.7%)
08位.けものフレンズ2 10話(5.3%)
09位.遊戯王ARC-V145話(5.4%)
10位.王様ゲームThe Animation12話(5.7%)

I love the fact that half this list is Arc-V episodes.

Shame about Season 2, and even more of a shame about (Season?) 3. Kinda wish they would just leave the friends alone at this point (though I'm not gonna wish death on anyone like that twitter guy).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

serefin99 posted:

I love the fact that half this list is Arc-V episodes.
What's that one that isn't arc-v or kemono friends 2?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
What the hell happened in Yu GI Oh Arc V

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Zereth posted:

What's that one that isn't arc-v or kemono friends 2?

Searching for the title on google appears to be King's Game the Animation.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Zeruel posted:

All the nice characters suffered unfortunately.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Saw this tweet a little earlier. If true, kind of unfortunate.

https://twitter.com/SANchipinchi/status/1113273879907196928

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Not true, he did make ONE tweet since then, that has been deleted

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

mycot posted:

What the hell happened in Yu GI Oh Arc V

I don't wanna get too into it since this is the Kemono Friends thread, not the Yugioh thread, but by the series' end, they were completely mismanaging the time they had left, with main characters getting shunted off to the side while minor villains got entire mini-arcs, resulting in a pace that both rushed forward and dragged on. The duels were unsatisfying, and the ending is presented as an unambiguously happy one despite literally half the main cast either being dead or left alone in the world.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Maybe y'all will enjoy this more than S2. Two episodes of a fan animation w/ subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrO17ZRrRNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybtabYzjp5c

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Indiana_Krom posted:

Here's an image I saved from this thread:

Those were the days.

Yes! I was running a bishojo-style Serval avatar for a while, and there were some Cup Servals around too (of whom I think only Annointed remains). There was also Got Lag who had a Lucky Beast av.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I still want to replace mine with the scene where Kaban gets the ultimate power up seen in anime ever: another feather in her cap
Lucky - San, I am not a 「visitor」

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

Not true, he did make ONE tweet since then, that has been deleted

what did he mean by this

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

🅱️

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Agronox posted:

Yes! I was running a bishojo-style Serval avatar for a while, and there were some Cup Servals around too (of whom I think only Annointed remains). There was also Got Lag who had a Lucky Beast av.

I am amongst last cup Serval. Feels bad mang.

EDIT: Is Japan's "B" the equivalent to our "Press F to pay respects"?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's a thumbs-up.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
God I was so hopeful after those first few episodes. I got the impression they were able to continue the charming vibes of the first season, but it fell apart spectacularly. The Domestic Dog episode is a complete travesty and that finale blew chunks. I'm sad now.

I will say I kind of enjoyed the weird estranged relationship Kaban and Serval exhibited like, twice in the whole season. There's something interesting happening there, but they refused to expand upon it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mordaedil posted:

It's a thumbs-up.
As shown: ( ' ')b

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FauxLeather posted:

I will say I kind of enjoyed the weird estranged relationship Kaban and Serval exhibited like, twice in the whole season. There's something interesting happening there, but they refused to expand upon it.

Kaban and Serval are married :colbert:

(or like... holding hands. I'm completely unsure of around what age everyone is supposed to be)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

a kitten posted:

:hmmyes:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

a kitten posted:

(or like... holding hands. I'm completely unsure of around what age everyone is supposed to be)

As of the start of season 1, Kaban is about half an hour old. Friends are weird.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Eagerly awaiting an abridged version omitting everything unimportant :v:

https://twitter.com/KOTOBUKI_TL/status/1113527804497264640

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A coffee artist did coffee art for Kemono Friends 2

https://twitter.com/george_10g/status/1115927249167904768

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

El Burbo posted:

A coffee artist did coffee art for Kemono Friends 2
Oof, that is brutal. Also a choice comment- "Now this is true black humor."

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is brutal. I love it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

TV Tokyo issued an apology on Monday for a Kemono Friends 2 producer's unprofessional conduct. On TV Tokyo's Kemono Friends 2 website, the notice states: "An employee of TV Tokyo has made statements on social media regarding the broadcast of Kemono Friends 2. Some of these statements have included unpleasant and unprofessional conduct towards viewers.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...conduct/.145816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It probably refers to TV Tokyo producer Hosoya, who was known to start flame wars on twitter, and is suspected of running an alt account where he also started flame wars and made fun of Tatsuki. (People caught on to that account because it responded weirdly to that coffee joke i posted upthread)