Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Ahahahaha the wolf was literally crying wolf! :D

e: Bag's gag of "Please don't eat me!" cycles in and out for being funny for me; but I think I've settled on it being comforting.

e2: Hahaha Serval's been eating the food.

Just me or do different episodes have a different sort of story structure to them?

"You were expecting a ghost but it was ME BAG-CHAN!"

e: Okay now I'm sad now.

I feel like Kemono Friends gets the overall mystery writing correct, like this is how you write a story that takes place after some other event has already happened.

And DANGIT now I notice "Welcome to Yokoso Jappari Park" each time now. :mad:

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad to share my pain.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I salvage it in my head by remembering that "to" means "and" in Japanese.

edit: I know they're pronounced differently shut up

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 15, 2017

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Phimose Knight posted:

I mean yeah the plot dumps were pretty intriguing and it ended on a very gently caress-you note (on the same level as the ending of Twin Peaks), BUT there's something I wanna discuss.

This loving shot.

I don't know why but it made me burst out laughing. After the scene is already over, it just lingers on this for 3 seconds and then CUT.

Someone figured it out. Turn up your volume during that shot. There's footsteps. :catstare:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I thought the joke was Servals dumbfounded face at the piece of trivia offered.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
After that episode my theory is obviously that Kaban is a reanimated human, memories lost like Serval, with the oddity that she knows of the Professor but seems to have the unforgettable memory of being with her, but! It's either art mismatch or the eyes of the Serval friend do not match those of the one in the recording.. The tag #けものフレンズ考察班 has a steady flow of theories to check out.
This show balances :ohdear: between spurts of :3::3::3: nicely.

https://twitter.com/ueyamamichiro/status/838324928956903426

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm not sure if we're supposed to think as Bag's name as Bag or as Kaban because it's a Japanese show or if it is supposed to come across as a silly name that means "Bag" and people in this thread are confusing me. :(

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Serval asked the human kid "what's your name?" and she didn't know so Serval said "you have a cool bag let's call you Bag." Her name is literally Bag, and translators aren't translating it because they're dumb.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

translators originally used "Bag" but switched over to "Kaban" in like the fourth episode or whatever

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

blastron posted:

Serval asked the human kid "what's your name?" and she didn't know so Serval said "you have a cool bag let's call you Bag." Her name is literally Bag, and translators aren't translating it because they're dumb.

I thought they switched because her official English name was revealed as Kaban, so they had to comply

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kaban does sound a little bit less silly than Bag.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I mean. We call our singing friend Toki and not Scarlet Crested Ibis, right? Fans have been a little inconsistent about name/species.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

cathead posted:

Someone figured it out. Turn up your volume during that shot. There's footsteps. :catstare:
Jesus Christ.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Someone change the Thread title to "Kemono Friends - Welcome to youkoso Japari Park!"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Someone change the Thread title to "Kemono Friends - Welcome to the Japari Park!"

fixed

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I thought about both of those actually but at the time I wasn't sure if people would even get it or pay attention to the thread so I played it safe.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that's not fixed at all

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn_602eQlDQ

I was gonna say "can't wait for the CD" but the OST is probably gonna be released on floppy or minidisc.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

HellCopter posted:

I mean. We call our singing friend Toki and not Scarlet Crested Ibis, right? Fans have been a little inconsistent about name/species.

yeah, like fennec and arai-san. rule of cute, imo

happy second anniversary everyone. i know it feels like we've only been friends for a few months, but everyone has come such a long way. thank you

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpiritusNoxSA/status/842371173476364288

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

the manga is precious

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Am I right in understanding that Kemono Friends is the anime equivalent of Jack in the Box tacos?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

demota posted:

Am I right in understanding that Kemono Friends is the anime equivalent of Jack in the Box tacos?

I'm from the northeast so I can't say for sure. Do these tacos look janky and taste mediocre for the first few bites, and then before you know it you've eaten ten of them and you're staring into the bag wondering why you didn't order more? If so, then yes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

time for a shitpost

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

and now for a cool remix to balance the poop haha
https://soundcloud.com/dj_sharpmarker/muhi-b0k-n-f-r13nddj-sharpmarker-edit

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Mentat Radnor posted:

I'm from the northeast so I can't say for sure. Do these tacos look janky and taste mediocre for the first few bites, and then before you know it you've eaten ten of them and you're staring into the bag wondering why you didn't order more? If so, then yes.

That's accurate

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

In addition, friends from out of town wonder why you're eating this trash when the "real stuff" is all around you

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Mentat Radnor posted:

I'd also add that on closer inspection, it turns out whoever made the tacos really knew what they were doing and despite its looks, pretty much nailed the right ratio and amount of ingredients to make it taste good.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

is there a mysterious apocalyptic foreshadowing in this overextended taco metaphor?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AnacondaHL posted:

is there a mysterious apocalyptic foreshadowing in this overextended taco metaphor?

Eventually the tacos have to come out the other end.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

The next day, in the bathroom . . .

e:f;b.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the cg show with a deceptive amount of effort put into the world and characters that makes you smile, isn't very similar to a greasy excuse for food that feels good for a minute and then does everything it can to ruin your body; you knew this would happen when you ordered it but you didn't want to step out of your boundaries and try something new.

maybe if you compared it to being recommended by your friends to a franchise-owned restaurant that seems corporate and cheap on the outside, until you step inside and the place has a local, comfortable atmosphere. the staff are all hospitable and while you're waiting for your meal, one of the owners stops by and chats with you because they work five days a week like everyone they employ, and their empathy for their workers shows. and then the food owns because they use fresh ingredients instead of last friday's refrozen dinner.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Space Flower posted:

maybe if you compared it to being recommended by your friends to a franchise-owned restaurant that seems corporate and cheap on the outside, until you step inside and the place has a local, comfortable atmosphere. the staff are all hospitable and while you're waiting for your meal, one of the owners stops by and chats with you because they work five days a week like everyone they employ, and their empathy for their workers shows. and then the food owns because they use fresh ingredients instead of last friday's refrozen dinner.

This is probably a better analogy. I like Kemono Friends more than fast food.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower got it right

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Space Flower posted:

I wouldn't accept a friend's recommendation though.

They'd be like yo, check this out! and it's just a grassy field.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ear
https://twitter.com/rice_32/status/842682762968494080
problems

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wait. Serval has human ears as well as cat ears?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?
I came across this after seeing the blowup of fanart. I haven't seen such a thing since Kancolle. Watching the first episode I almost dropped it immediately because of how bad the CG was, especially during the chase sequence between Kaban and Serval. Somehow though I pushed through to episode two, and when I saw how the bridge was in ruins and the bus was separated, my interest was piqued. I had checked out the manga, where you see Japari Park open and operational, before watching the anime, so I wasn't expecting things to be run down. This was strengthened more when I watched the credits sequence (I had skipped it the first time) and saw the pictures of all the abandoned parks with the Friend's silhouettes. Seeing that kind of made me feel sad, like they were lonely ghosts wandering the park, wondering where everyone had gone. I knew right then and there that I had to stick with it just to see what was going on and if things will get better. I'm glad I did.