Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The first episode of this is almost at 2 million views on niconico now, blowing everything else out of the water, and the ep 2~6 pack is the number one seller. (the number 2 seller is ep 6 by itself)

I think it's breaking fanart records too; there's an absolutely absurd amount being produced.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I wonder if we'll see a golden retriever Friend to join the party. I feel like "Man's Best Friend" is a bit of an omission.

Iirc, a big part of the initial concept was "let's introduce animals [Japanese] people aren't very familiar with," and was inspired by a trip to the zoo, so I doubt it.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is this actually a kids show in Japan? I'm curious about the "Big brother/Sister X" during those segments.

No, it's a late night show (though it's getting a rebroadcast on AT-X earlier in the evening). The big brother/sister thing is a pretty standard way of addressing people, though it does play into the "kids show" atmosphere the director/studio are cultivating for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

And I can barely be assed to endure the walk to the supermarket...

I guess the nurture vs. nature debate is finally solved.