Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Man, I wish this show was better. This last episode really showed every single weakness the show has, from the literally three songs in its soundtrack to the awkward timing between both comedic and dramatic beats to the lack of any real animation. The avalanche scene had literally zero tension in it since any motion that could have shown the characters actually hurrying to save themselves happened entirely offscreen, leaving awkward pauses where action should have been, and their escape managed to feel like a huge rear end-pull because neither that run nor the skis were even shown on-screen before the instant they were needed. I bet that 80% of the entire animation budget went into those dancing penguins last episode, leaving just scraps for the actual life-threatening peril that they didn't actually convey.

The gags are good, the animals are well-characterized, and the mystery is compelling, but apart from that I have no idea why I keep watching this pile of garスッゴイィィ! たのしいぃぃぃぃ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Serval asked the human kid "what's your name?" and she didn't know so Serval said "you have a cool bag let's call you Bag." Her name is literally Bag, and translators aren't translating it because they're dumb.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Caphi posted:

I'm actually not sure what the joke is because the original line from Commando is "just bodies"/"死体だけです" and I keep trying to figure out if there's supposed to be some kind of pun.

"Just beasts." No pun.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

why are all the animal people cute girls though